Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I'm sorry so many of you are having a hard time.
But today has been such a good day.
The twins both woke up in such grumpy moods this morning I thought oh here we go again. Anyway post nap I had the happiest of babies, even twin 2 loved life.
Shes spent the day rolling(proudly cries) around my living room none stop, she gets to the door and she touches it, she's told no and then gives you the biggest cheesey smile and giggles.
She hears her big brother walk down the stairs and I've never seen a baby move so fast she rolled as far away from the door as she could. I'm so fucking proud of her. The good days are so few and far between, her enjoying life for once is literally the only anti depressant that I'll ever need❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
Hello!
@Midgettree thanks for asking. Baby Waka started nursery and it’s been an awful experience. I’ve argued with them every day as I don’t have anything on paper to ‘prove’ she has a milk intolerance so I’ve had to provide my own meals for her. GP said she won’t provide a letter they have to write to her requesting one as it’s a non NHS service 🤷🏼‍♀️ Her key worker has rocks for brains & barely manages ‘she’s been fine’ when I collect. I have to pull out of her what/how much she’s eaten, how long she’s slept and what she’s played with as they don’t record anything for parents, I have no idea what she does all day without me.. so been ringing up, viewing other nurseries & driving the routes to and from to guage my commute. She’s one tomorrow and yes it’s wonderful but I miss my little baby, like ALOT. So haven’t felt like laughing much recently.
Been reading on here but haven’t had anything positive to add xx
Happy birthday twin thank yous x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

LongishCat

VIP Member
Okay. So my mom just called to say the chemo is no longer helping my dad. Tumor became sliiiightly smaller, but the metastasis are still growing. They'll try a new therapy, but it's looking bad.
I don't even know what to do or think aymore.
Is there anywhere I can send a complaint to? F*ck this. Just absolutely f*ck this. I'm so angry and sad.

• Heart
  • Sad

WhatABore

VIP Member
Just a bit of amusement in the stressful times!

Took the 4yo out for a day by herself today as she starts school in just over a week.

She's never had any 'stranger danger' and will talk to anyone and everyone.

So with her going school, we've really been trying to get it into her that she doesn't go off with anyone or anything like that.

Queuing up for a ride and we get to the front. She was going on by herself but I was queuing with her.
The guy says "Would you like to come with me"
As in to get her seated and she goes..
"No thank you. I already have parents."

🤦🏻‍♀️ Wasn't sure if I should've been embarrassed or proud 😂

• Haha

miaaaa

I was walking into Asda today with the kids and this lovely elderly man behind me was like you've got your hands full etc and was asking how old they were, names etc. I was saying to him how hectic it all is and he said to me "enjoy it, before you know they'll be all grown up with their own lives and you won't hear from them for weeks on end" and honestly it BROKE ME :cry:

Quite happy for them all to stay at home forever now

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Borntorun

VIP Member
KW is home. While he was away, he text to say he’d bought me a present to say thanks for looking after the kids while he was gone, especially as it’s been a very tough few days with a teething baby and a badly behaved toddler.

My present is… haribo.

I’m underwhelmed

• Haha
  • Sad

Donz135

Being able to change my vote from still pregnant to under 3 months is amazing. baby d arrived 24.04.22 so i have a 1 day old baby and omg its amazing! I never knew motherhood was a combination of you feeling the worst you have felt physically but the best you have ever felt emotionally all at the same time or thats how it is for me anyway. Enjoying all the newborn snuggles and bliss 😍❤

• Heart

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Having a sad day today. I go to see my mum quite often, atleast once a week sometimes more, I went there today and it’s hit me that I won’t be able to take the baby round or see her much soon as her cancer treatment starts in a month and the radiotherapy means she can’t be around babies. She’s having surgery first, so just waiting on the details of how long the radiotherapy treatment will go on for, but she might not be able to see him for his first Christmas 🥺. I know it could be much worse, and it’s great that they are doing the treatment, but I can’t help but feel sad about it all and I know it’s really upsetting her that she won’t be able to see him. Also finding it really hard at the moment living with the MIL, Mr T is struggling to find a job and is applying for loads but isn’t having much luck. So desperate for my own space where I can just be sad if I feel that way, I’m tired of putting on a brave face for the MIL because she always takes it personally if I’m down. Sorry for the moan😞 I know there’s people on here going through worse.

• Heart
  • Sad

jackolantern

VIP Member
I honestly think I’ve birthed Lucifer. He is the sweetest, loveliest little thing ever when he has what he wants. But 99% of the time neither he, nor any of us know what the fuck that is and the rage just knows no bounds. I don’t know what to bloody do anymore. The only reprieve is when he sleeps which is rapidly reducing on the daily and even then it’s at the point where any movement or noise wakes him up, we can’t even speak to eachother or have the TV on anymore. God forbid move an arm. And walking him round is fucking torture because he’s so strong and heavy, but he has started pushing his legs horizontally out from your body and walking up you, I can’t take it anymore I’m not coping at all. I just cry and get angry all the time because nothing I do helps.

I’m fighting with OH too because he stays so calm all the time and offers to take him which I know is a good thing and I should be so grateful (I am), but then I just feel so fucking inferior and useless.

I just don’t understand what I’m doing wrong, he just has no tolerance for anything at all, like not even for one second genuinely before he loses his shit and I don’t mean a cry, full on hyperventilating hysteria that takes a good 10-20 minutes to get him out of. I just don’t know what to do 😭😭😭😭😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

Jellybean093

VIP Member
I’ve just noticed my mums removed me on Facebook and Instagram because I had the balls to tell them I wasn’t happy no one helps out 🫠😂

• Wow
Reactions: 23

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Anyone else feel like sometimes, they’d be better off being a single parent 😭
KW has told me he’s meeting his boss tomorrow morning, going straight back to work, and then going out from work. I’m pretty sure I heard the meal isn’t until 9pm tomorrow, so he won’t be home until 12. Then he’s going to the gym after work Thursday, Friday and some time on Saturday. I feel like I’m drowning and everyone is just taking chunks out of me. I nearly cried into my dinner yesterday because it was the first time I sat down properly and everyone wanted something 😭
When we decided to have the baby, he worked from home and hadn’t started his own business (which takes him out most weekend evenings) and could help out and at least I had someone else to talk to. He took the new job a couple of months before baby was born. 4 kids on my own, nearly everyday, is tough!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22

jackolantern

VIP Member
I am ENDED

OH was giving Tommy his bottle and by the love of god and all things holy, Tommy did the loudest, wettest sounding shart known to man and before I even had time to laugh all I heard was

ARGHHHHHH!&@@!!)/@@!,!&’bARGHHHHHHH?!’@“@@&!!?-!&@@£!ARGHHH

Then get something get something SOMETHING GET ANYTHING SOMETHING GET GET ANYTHING

And I was flapping about like what, what am I getting, lost all sense of my faculties and by the time I got back OH was cradling a handful of Tommys diarrhoea in his hand like a ladleful of Heinz 😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭🤣😭

• Haha
  • Heart

Kaylarina

This has been a few days of hell. Elanna started running a fever Sunday night and I thought she was teething but she ended up having a febrile convulsion and I completely freaked out. I always thought I’d stay calm with anything medical but I just froze. If my husband hadn’t been here I don’t know what I would have done.

Feeling like an almighty failure right now. I should have noticed she was sick earlier. I should have done more at the moment. I feel like I can’t trust myself.

Sorry for rambling. Running on very little sleep but also can’t bear the thought of putting her down so currently sitting in the dark with her asleep on me.

• Heart

Author123

Chatty Member
I think I posted too positively previously when I said I had antenatal depression but that so far if been ok post nataly. I think might have PND or PNA. And I have no reason to be depressed- we are fortunate to be in a position that we don’t need to worry too much about all the scary cost of living rises and although we have been trying and failing to move house for most the last year the reality is that we can make our shoebox work. Even the potential move abroad decision has been made for us as a result of brexit and various regulated activities meaning it’s a no go, which honestly is a bit of a relief.

But I feel totally isolated, and ashamed to ask for help with baby author. We have no family nearby to occasionally help look after him (although sounds like that can be a battle in itself at times!) and anytime baby author is unsettled I seem to take it really personally as if it’s an attack on my parenting. The reality is he’s 4.5months and is going to be grizzly sometimes. This week he has totally thrown out the routine he had been in and which I had been really proud of and it’s completely broken me. I feel like I no longer know how to look after him: when to feed him/ how and when to do naps/ how to put him to bed. Nothing. I just want to disappear, which I know is an awful thing to say now that there’s a tiny human dependency ding on me to get it right.

I know I need to tell my GP or the perinatal mh team but that in itself feels like a massive failure.

• Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
Hi all! Sorry for the radio silence.
Everything is going pretty okay I guess, but I'm struggling a bit mentally at work.
After coming back from maternity leave I started a new job in a new team. I'm still on the same floor as my previous team, basically right next to them. I had a really good connection with them. Or so I thought, because ever since I changed teams, it's as if I don't even exist anymore for the other team. For example during lunch today I sat at their table and we had some polite, superficial chats. Then suddenly they all decided to go for a walk, while I was still nowhere near finished eating. They just said "oh, sorry, we're going to leave you alone now", got up and left. I mean. That stings. I went to sit with other people then and had nice conversations, but still.
I mean, it's probably also something I'm doing wrong? Maybe I should engage more? But I went through some tough shit, so was just trying to cope and noone even asked me how I was doing, they showed now interest at all :(

Anyway, Kitten is crawling (no longer sliding/hopping like a seal) and can consciously wave now, it's the cutest!
She's getting a bit snotty again though, hope she won't get sick :/

I won't try to catch up, because I'm so behind. Hope you are all doing well and hope the babies are sleeping well!

I don't know why I left this thread for so long. Guess I got a bit overwhelmed knowing I would have to catch up on so much. But it's silly, because you're a bunch of the most understanding and supporting people I know ❤ Need to get out of my head more 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

WhatABore

VIP Member
So my Mum came over today.
She rarely visits even though we're 3 miles down the road.
But she didn't tell me she was coming.
My Sister said "Just pre warning you, Mums coming to see you"
They leave, as they're leaving, Mum goes, "Thought we'd pop in unannounced, see what state the house is in. Grass could do with cutting."

Umm sorry? Excuse me?

• Wow
  • Heart

Wophie

VIP Member
Hi all, joining in over here now as our baby boy was born at 39+6 weighing 7lb 4oz on Saturday :) He's currently in NICU with some breathing issues and I am now back home. Currently up expressing colostrum and hoping my toddler wants to stay in bed a bit longer so I can get another hour in bed when I'm done 🥴

Any tips on not going mad with the 3 hourly pumping sessions? It's the only thing making me feel of use to baby right now, but bittersweet because I'd so much rather be actually holding him and feeding 🫤

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Anyone else feel like sometimes, they’d be better off being a single parent 😭
KW has told me he’s meeting his boss tomorrow morning, going straight back to work, and then going out from work. I’m pretty sure I heard the meal isn’t until 9pm tomorrow, so he won’t be home until 12. Then he’s going to the gym after work Thursday, Friday and some time on Saturday. I feel like I’m drowning and everyone is just taking chunks out of me. I nearly cried into my dinner yesterday because it was the first time I sat down properly and everyone wanted something 😭
When we decided to have the baby, he worked from home and hadn’t started his own business (which takes him out most weekend evenings) and could help out and at least I had someone else to talk to. He took the new job a couple of months before baby was born. 4 kids on my own, nearly everyday, is tough!
Yep!
Me and Mr TY aren't currently speaking and have barely been speaking for about a week.
I was ready for walking last Tuesday night, and I did for 4 hours and just sat in my car and cried.

• Heart

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I think tonight may be the night I finally cave and have my first post baby drink. We just had our day 5 visit from the midwife, babyGG was furious at being weighed and decided he was going to piss everywhere, then shit in my lap, followed with a bit more piss. 3yo then decided she was going to document the event, picking up my phone and capturing multiple photos, even telling us all to say cheese 🙂🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 20