New baby and post birth advice #30 He managed to poo in his sunhat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder weeks is an absolute pile of pap sometimes (although I do sometimes like it when it reassures me that Baby Cupcake hasn’t been possessed by some kind of evil baby spirit and is just in a fussy phase). According to mine this week Baby Cupcake should be standing up by himself - he’s 6 months this weekend. Give the poor lad a chance 😳 try not to take too much notice - 8 months seems very early to be playing hide and seek.
Well you inspired me to go on and have a look at what baby runner is meant to be up to. I’ll be honest. My 30yo husband hasn’t mastered this one yet. Listening?!? 😂
71D46DA7-F4DF-4BD1-B64E-B66B276C51FE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My 3yo has recently stopped calling sneezes "blesses", much to my sadness. It was so sweet to hear things like "oh I just did a bless!"
My 5yo calls the radiator a radigator, it’s too cute to correct her 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My 5yo calls the radiator a radigator, it’s too cute to correct her 🥰
My eldest used to call pepperoni ‘peppernoni’ and it was the sweetest thing. My 6 year old also calls his Willy his ‘peanuts’ which I cannot correct him, and my toddler has a Merlin train from Thomas the tank engine, and he calls it merwin. He sounds like the guy from ‘the Big Bang theory’ that can’t pronounce his ‘Rs’ 😭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
My eldest used to call pepperoni ‘peppernoni’ and it was the sweetest thing. My 6 year old also calls his Willy his ‘peanuts’ which I cannot correct him, and my toddler has a Merlin train from Thomas the tank engine, and he calls it merwin. He sounds like the guy from ‘the Big Bang theory’ that can’t pronounce his ‘Rs’ 😭
The 9yo can't pronounce his rs still, I secretly love it🥺

He's my mini Jonathan Woss

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s been a while since I’ve been on properly (other than to 😱 at our new poster friend earlier today) but I love this idea so:
Favourite things:-
1. Sleepy snuggles (she doesn’t even want to feed necessarily now, she just crawls over for a proper snuggle or holds her arms out and says mama - or wobbles over to me shouting mama)
2. She’s learnt to sing row row row boat (literally she just repeats those words to the tune) including a scream if she sees a crocodile, and can also do wheels on the bus (again she just sings round and round to the tune, but with hand movements)
3. She tries to share everything with the dogs aka her besties

least favourite:-
1. Still team no sleep
2. Gal has mastered the toddler tantrum to perfection. She’s only one, pray for me

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I could go all day with my kids off beat words - my 3yo says "mavilla" for vanilla, and "maflingo" for flamingo (my eldest used to say "flaflingo") It’s just so bloody cute 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As hard as the toddler stage is, I actually think it’s my favourite. The things they do and come out with definitely outweighs the bad bits!

Last edited:
Ahhh, toddler runner used to call cuddles ‘duddens’ and I was low key heartbroken when she outgrew that one

• Heart
I could go all day with my kids off beat words - my 3yo says "mavilla" for vanilla, and "maflingo" for flamingo (my eldest used to say "flaflingo") It’s just so bloody cute 😭
This reminds me of the way my little sister used to say ‘spaghetti’ - ‘bsketti’

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They are cute, I love it when the pronounce things wrong.
My nephew called experiments peppermints 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does anyone know of any pink noise sound machines or anything that plays fairly constantly? I have an Ewan and I can set it to play noise when he cries which does work (although rinses the batteries), but my KW gets up for work at 4:30am and baby is waking shortly afterwards so I’d like something that could drown out any noise he makes that I can switch on from when I feed him about 2am. 🤔

I mean I could use a Bluetooth speaker and my Spotify but that just sounds like effort 🤣

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know of any pink noise sound machines or anything that plays fairly constantly? I have an Ewan and I can set it to play noise when he cries which does work (although rinses the batteries), but my KW gets up for work at 4:30am and baby is waking shortly afterwards so I’d like something that could drown out any noise he makes that I can switch on from when I feed him about 2am. 🤔

I mean I could use a Bluetooth speaker and my Spotify but that just sounds like effort 🤣
So this is probs an extreme version, but we use a yoto player 😂 they have so many amazing functions for older children, but I’ve been using it for pink noise for the baby (it belongs to my 3yo, and she has it to listen to audiobooks when she falls asleep)

I’m absolutely besotted with little lad, he’s 9 months now and I still can’t believe he’s here and he’s ours, feel like I’m constantly kissing him. Just feel like I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop so I have to squeeze it in while I can.
(He stopped breathing in my arms a few hours after he was born and I am definitely not over it).
It took us two months to manage to breastfeed, so my favourite time of day is his morning boob and contact nap 🥰 he feeds way less now and often wants to go off to play after, but for that morning one he’s dead snuggly. And for me I can bat away the stress of the to do list as I can kid myself I have the rest of the day.
Other favourite is the way he goes absolutely gaga for corn on the cob. Corn is life for him.

Least favourite is messy meal times and subsequent clean up. I feel like tea is the worst cos when it goes wrong it knocks onto the whole rest of the eve with a tired aggy kid.
And all pooey nappy changes as wrestling a clean crocodile is one thing, but a crappy one is a whole different beast.
Also wouldn’t mind if he would sleep some of his naps on his own/didn’t need to hang off the boob all night every night, but it is what it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Saw we were on a new thread but wasn’t expecting to have missed so much drama! 👀

Favourite things:
• when Baby G sneezes then goes “ahhhh” which makes us and her laugh
• picking her up out of her cot in the morning and snuggling in bed
• watching her learn something new
• when she sees me after we’ve been apart and her little face lights up 🥰

Least favourite:
• the bad nights/nightmare nap times we’ve had recently
• trying to change her nappy while she twists around and tries to fling herself off the changing table
• feeling like I never get a minute to myself any more!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Alexa with the app on your phone click of a button its back on!

my 5 year step son is usually good as gold and never misbehaves, he refuses to say “bad words” even when Mr T is being immature and going on about willys and bums and trying to encourage him :rolleyes: but the other day at the park he randomly started shouting “daddy has peanuts in his pants” and “*my name* has nipples on her boobies”, it was so out of character that me and Mr T literally looked at each other like this gif

and then he was playing with another boy around his age, his parents were in earshot, and he called him a fart head as a joke but I don’t think the child or parents saw it that way 😂 absolutely Mr T’s fault because he’s always saying stupid things like that and it’s come back to bite him! But my god, I was like why have you waited until we are in public to repeat all of these things 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My 4yo is the opposite.
Says 'penis' instead of 'peanuts'
😂😂😂

She has some weird obsession with wanting to try peanuts too. So she's constantly asking to try penis 😂

Not pink noise but we've always just had a fan in their rooms 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.