New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
👋👋 I've finally graduated to the new baby thread 🥳
I genuinely feel like I've been hit by a train. Don't remember the afterpains being this bad after my first two but I guess I am 10 years older this time around 😬
Can't stop looking at him or photos of him when I should be trying to sleep. Absolutely in love ❤
Congratulations! Hope you’re doing well x

Reactions: 1
So pleased for you 🥰 are you home now? Hope you’re feeling better xxx
Still in the birthing unit. 😩 Really want my own bed. I couldn't even get to the toilet on my own yesterday, but been twice today, just been a bit woozy. Hoping to go once I've managed a shower. 🤞🤞 Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Still in the birthing unit. 😩 Really want my own bed. I couldn't even get to the toilet on my own yesterday, but been twice today, just been a bit woozy. Hoping to go once I've managed a shower. 🤞🤞 Xx
Ahh bless you, it’s not fun is it! I was on a ward for 4 days and I felt like I lost the plot! When I got moved to a side room I said it felt like the ritz 😂 fingers crossed you go home later x

• Heart
Sorry you’re feeling so rubbish still ❤ After pains get worse with each I think. If you can, ask them for diclofenic (I think) as it basically blocks all pain, it’s amazing. A wee round brown tablet.

👋👋 I've finally graduated to the new baby thread 🥳
I genuinely feel like I've been hit by a train. Don't remember the afterpains being this bad after my first two but I guess I am 10 years older this time around 😬
Can't stop looking at him or photos of him when I should be trying to sleep. Absolutely in love ❤
OMG congratulations how do you feel is he wonderful and hun I don’t sleep just look at pictures too and I’m two weeks in xxx

Someone told me I wouldn’t get them with my first baby but omg they hurt me so much however my stomach has shrunk sooo much x

Hopefully you're on your feet soon!
I had such low blood pressure after my second after losing loads of blood. And they're they're telling me to stand up to stand on the scales.
Come on love. I can't even stand up and balance on the ground. Nevermind standing on some scales!
Everytime I stood up, I either started swaying, or plonked back down again 😮😂

Reactions: 2
Hopefully you're on your feet soon!
I had such low blood pressure after my second after losing loads of blood. And they're they're telling me to stand up to stand on the scales.
Come on love. I can't even stand up and balance on the ground. Nevermind standing on some scales!
Everytime I stood up, I either started swaying, or plonked back down again 😮😂
Why the hell do you need to be on a set of scales straight after having a baby anyway?!

I think i may have told this story on here before, but it fits with the theme so…

After my first I lost more blood than they realised (I ended up needing two transfusions). They were keen for me to be up and have a shower so even though I felt rubbish I went on in. Had been in about 30 seconds and suddenly realised I was going to pass out. I just remember sliding down the wall, yanking the red emergency cord 🙈 I come to, shower still running, me bleeding everywhere and FOUR midwives round me. They each grabbed a limb to haul me out because, despite their repeatedly telling me to get up, every time I even sat up I passed out again. So they had to carry me out to the bed while I was naked, soaking wet and bleeding everywhere. Such dignity 🤪

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Why the hell do you need to be on a set of scales straight after having a baby anyway?!

I think i may have told this story on here before, but it fits with the theme so…

After my first I lost more blood than they realised (I ended up needing two transfusions). They were keen for me to be up and have a shower so even though I felt rubbish I went on in. Had been in about 30 seconds and suddenly realised I was going to pass out. I just remember sliding down the wall, yanking the red emergency cord 🙈 I come to, shower still running, me bleeding everywhere and FOUR midwives round me. They each grabbed a limb to haul me out because, despite their repeatedly telling me to get up, every time I even sat up I passed out again. So they had to carry me out to the bed while I was naked, soaking wet and bleeding everywhere. Such dignity 🤪
Omg this story is the stuff of nightmares!

• Haha

I think it was for the weight for the blood thinners.
Although this time, it took longer waiting to be discharged because they used my weight when I first came in to be induced.
Then they weighed me the morning after giving birth and were like oh. You're a different weight now, we need to tell the pharmacy because they'll have prescribed the injections based on your weight before 🤦🏻‍♀️

Why?! Isn't it common sense that I'd weigh less after birth? 😂

• Haha
I think it was for the weight for the blood thinners.
Although this time, it took longer waiting to be discharged because they used my weight when I first came in to be induced.
Then they weighed me the morning after giving birth and were like oh. You're a different weight now, we need to tell the pharmacy because they'll have prescribed the injections based on your weight before 🤦🏻‍♀️

Why?! Isn't it common sense that I'd weigh less after birth? 😂
So strange they never changed my prescription for thinners!? Consultant said unless I gained over 30lb they wouldn’t bother but I had gained about 25lb at week 30 but no one ever asked me again, even when being discharged at hospital!
I have 11 days left of them 💉🙏🏼

So strange they never changed my prescription for thinners!? Consultant said unless I gained over 30lb they wouldn’t bother but I had gained about 25lb at week 30 but no one ever asked me again, even when being discharged at hospital!
I have 11 days left of them 💉🙏🏼
I was right on the between weights I believe. So losing the weight after giving birth, put me below.

I was lucky I only had 10 days of them 😂

my boy is just over 5 weeks old and has come up in this rash (he’s had it a few weeks, around the time I started having problems with feeding) I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what it could be? We’ve used the same washing detergent, bath bubbles and moisturiser since birth so I don’t think it’s that, but am willing to try changing if anyone thinks it’s likely that? I’ve been trying to make a doctors appointment for it but they’re only doing phone calls on the day and these are always fully booked by the time I eventually get through

ETA: it’s on his face, neck and body but not his lower arms or legs

Attachments

• Heart
my boy is just over 5 weeks old and has come up in this rash (he’s had it a few weeks, around the time I started having problems with feeding) I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what it could be? We’ve used the same washing detergent, bath bubbles and moisturiser since birth so I don’t think it’s that, but am willing to try changing if anyone thinks it’s likely that? I’ve been trying to make a doctors appointment for it but they’re only doing phone calls on the day and these are always fully booked by the time I eventually get through

It looks similar to when my daughter kept getting heat rash.
But I'm pretty sure some allergies look the same too.
If you're breastfeeding, have you had anything different to eat yourself?

It looks similar to when my daughter kept getting heat rash.
But I'm pretty sure some allergies look the same too.
If you're breastfeeding, have you had anything different to eat yourself?
oh I hadn’t thought of heat rash. How did you deal with it? I haven’t had anything different but I’m not sure if that sort of thing shows from birth. I’m moving doctors so I’m hoping the new one will be easier to make an appointment 🤞

oh I hadn’t thought of heat rash. How did you deal with it? I haven’t had anything different but I’m not sure if that sort of thing shows from birth. I’m moving doctors so I’m hoping the new one will be easier to make an appointment 🤞
Just leave it really.
It doesn't tend to affect them. It's more just visual.
Definitely get it checked out though as I don't want to say it is and it not be 😂 just looks the same haha

All 4 of mine had this to varying degrees at roughly 5-6 weeks, lasting approx 3 weeks. It comes under a lot of names, baby acne, milk spots. What I’ve always understood is that it’s just their wee body adjusting to “life outside” and if you’re breastfeeding it is also to do with hormonal changes in yourself being transferred to them. All mine would look redder/angrier after feeding or cuddling, so when they get warm. It goes itself, nothing seems to help or hinder. Mine had it badly on cheeks, ears, neck and upper torso.

ETA: of course if it seems to get worse or is uncomfortable for baby you should get it checked out 👍🏻 I’ve attached a wee bit from the NHS

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Getting back to weaning again (sorry guys)
7 months & we give him all the appropriate finger foods, he doesn’t like being spoon fed he just turns his head away and shuts his mouth tight so we just give him finger foods for the moment. But I’m worried that I’m not doing things right because he just sucks the life out of whatever it is and then throws it. Is this normal? He still has all of his milk as normal so I’m not worried he’s not eating enough but this weaning lark is starting to stress me out!

• Heart
Can we talk about routines: it’s suddenly occurred to me that as baby is approaching 8 weeks, should I be making bedtime seem more like bedtime???

At the moment, he stays in the lounge with us until we go to bed. This is anytime between 10pm and 11pm- obviously he needs to stay in the same room as us so should we be going to bed earlier and starting a routine of bath, book, bed etc?

• Heart
My 13 week old baby has never had problems breastfeeding apart from occasional fussiness/wriggling when she's a bit gassy. However the last couple of days she latches but after a few seconds starts screaming and wriggling away even though she's clearly hungry. I've finally managed to get her to latch whilst I'm lying back on the sofa and she's lying vertically up me which is a bit awkward. Any idea why this is happening? She did have her 12 week jabs this week but nothing like this happened at the 8 week jabs.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.