New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a bit of an embarrassing day today, I was sat tandem feeding the Kray Twins at lunchtime, when I heard my front door open, thought nothing of it as i knew it'd be my dad (he has a key) anyway, he walks into the living room and right behind him is my 90Yo Grandad, Twin 1 sees Great Grandad and whips herself off the boob that fast she could've launched herself to Mars, que huge letdown & my poor Grandad seeing my saggy udder. I don't know who was more mortified, my dad, my grandad or me😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Had a bit of an embarrassing day today, I was sat tandem feeding the Kray Twins at lunchtime, when I heard my front door open, thought nothing of it as i knew it'd be my dad (he has a key) anyway, he walks into the living room and right behind him is my 90Yo Grandad, Twin 1 sees Great Grandad and whips herself off the boob that fast she could've launched herself to Mars, que huge letdown & my poor Grandad seeing my saggy udder. I don't know who was more mortified, my dad, my grandad or me😂
‘Saggy udder’ howling 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
After we commiserate (and stop laughing 🙈) I think everyone here needs to take a minute to just clap and cheer for this incredible mummy, who has been through the wringer this last year and yet is still TANDEM FEEDING at just shy of a year!!! What an amazing achievement! MamaTY, you’re an absolute inspiration! (Not to your grandad I’m sure 🤣)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
After we commiserate (and stop laughing 🙈) I think everyone here needs to take a minute to just clap and cheer for this incredible mummy, who has been through the wringer this last year and yet is still TANDEM FEEDING at just shy of a year!!! What an amazing achievement! MamaTY, you’re an absolute inspiration! (Not to your grandad I’m sure 🤣)

Stop it🥺, it happens few and far between these days, but it was the only thing to stop them from from whinging like tiny little lazy sloths!😂
His words were "jaysus christ watching your Nana do this was bad enough, I didn't come for this😂" (My Nan had twins, hence how I ended up with the dodgy twin gene🙄)
I dont think my Dad will let himself in with his key for while😂

‘Saggy udder’ howling 😂😂😂
It's an accurate description at this point😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The Kray Twins got me 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I thought the udder thing was a picture then it wobbled at me 🤣 I snorted 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Im sorry but you are giving us too much thread title material here

will it be sponsored by…

The Kray Twins
Saggy udders
Jaysus Christ
All of the above 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@Dak1988 ahhh yes our babes are very close in age! My boy is currently 5.5 months. No teeth at the mo. Can’t see anything atm but the way he’s been crying the last two days has been different to usual. He’s sort of humming then crying😢. I will definitley be off to buy nurofen tomorrow because calpol blocks him up like a plug🤣. Hope she sleeps well and feels better tomorow ❤
Like a plug 😂 I don’t wanna jinx anything but she had her last bottle no bother, nurofen and anbesol and she’s asleep to fingers crossed it isn’t tooooo much of a disturbed night! 🙏🏼🤞🏼🙈

Kray twins 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This is such a minor moan in the grand acheme of things but here we go. It really bothers me that my husband moans so much if I wake him up. So I sleep with the baby and he sleeps downstairs. The baby is having an appalling few weeks of sleep, I got woken up every half an hour last night and she was taking 20+ mins to settle back to sleep each time. So at 5am I decided he could take a turn and I took the baby to him. And oh my god didn’t he groan about it. Like sorry pal, I know no one wants to be woken at 5am but I’d like to sleep for more than 30 mins too and you don’t hear me moaning??

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Thanks guys 😊

So the other half has surprised me with a puppy 😩😩🤦🏼‍♀️ Don’t get me wrong she’s bloody beautiful and I love her but who leaves their girlfriend with a puppy AND a 5 week old on their own 😂😂🙈🙈😩 I can’t cope already

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Baby Cupcake’s sleep has been horrendous for the last few nights 😣 he’s recovering from Covid, teething and can almost sit up independently so I’m sure it’s down to a mix of these things that are disrupting him. Just wanted to have a quick moan and send solidarity to those who are in the tit sleep club at the minute! He’s still in with us at the moment but we are planning on putting him in his own room in a few weeks once we are back from our holiday, did anyone find their little one slept better in their own room? Please send hope 🤣🤣

This is such a minor moan in the grand acheme of things but here we go. It really bothers me that my husband moans so much if I wake him up. So I sleep with the baby and he sleeps downstairs. The baby is having an appalling few weeks of sleep, I got woken up every half an hour last night and she was taking 20+ mins to settle back to sleep each time. So at 5am I decided he could take a turn and I took the baby to him. And oh my god didn’t he groan about it. Like sorry pal, I know no one wants to be woken at 5am but I’d like to sleep for more than 30 mins too and you don’t hear me moaning??
😡 nothing pisses me off quite like a KW who thinks parenting overnight absolutely isn’t their job. Hope you managed a few uninterrupted hours 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks guys 😊

So the other half has surprised me with a puppy 😩😩🤦🏼‍♀️ Don’t get me wrong she’s bloody beautiful and I love her but who leaves their girlfriend with a puppy AND a 5 week old on their own 😂😂🙈🙈😩 I can’t cope already
Oh my goodness 🙈 yes maybe not an ideal time to add a second baby in to the house! I feel stressed for you just thinking about it!

Reactions: 2
Thanks guys 😊

😂😂😂 I mean this was a lovely thought but is he trying to push you over the edge?! You will certainly have your hands full but I’m sure all of the snuggly puppy cuddles will make it worthwhile.

Reactions: 1
Baby Cupcake’s sleep has been horrendous for the last few nights 😣 he’s recovering from Covid, teething and can almost sit up independently so I’m sure it’s down to a mix of these things that are disrupting him. Just wanted to have a quick moan and send solidarity to those who are in the tit sleep club at the minute! He’s still in with us at the moment but we are planning on putting him in his own room in a few weeks once we are back from our holiday, did anyone find their little one slept better in their own room? Please send hope 🤣🤣
Oh I could have written this post!! Covid last month, teething, walking loads a night I think we’re still in the 4 month regression at 5.5 months😴 he used to sleep so well. I am sad and I miss it lol. Also going to put him in his own room very soon. His cot is being delivered today😃
How old is your baby? We must be very close😊

Oh my goodness 🙈 yes maybe not an ideal time to add a second baby in to the house! I feel stressed for you just thinking about it!
Yes and baby is extra sick today, got an appointment suspected reflux so it’s all I need 😂😭 I’m bloody starving as well, can’t even spare a second to make bloody toast

😂😂😂 I mean this was a lovely thought but is he trying to push you over the edge?! You will certainly have your hands full but I’m sure all of the snuggly puppy cuddles will make it worthwhile.
I think so yeah 😂😂🙈 I’m suppose to be going out bank holiday so I’m sure I’ll get my revenge then on him when he’s got baby and puppy on his own 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thanks guys 😊

Ngl, have two tiny incontinent creatures in the house doesn’t sound like fun.

Two random thoughts for the day:

After pretty much ignoring her for 8 months, doggy o has started just lying next to her on her playmat and letting her stroke his feet 😭

Mr O has redeemed himself from knobwafflery - he got baby o up and let me have a lie in til 7.30 this morning (I only woke up because I could hear her babbling) AND I’ve come downstairs to find a box labelled ‘FAO MRS ORBIT’ and it’s filled with coffee and walnut cake 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well last night was the worst night yet. Fell asleep at 10, back awake at 12:45 and that was it then! Toddler got woken up by baby also and decided 5am was the time to start his day, I think not son! My plan for today to stay conscious: lots of fresh air and coffee 😎

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh I could have written this post!! Covid last month, teething, walking loads a night I think we’re still in the 4 month regression at 5.5 months😴 he used to sleep so well. I am sad and I miss it lol. Also going to put him in his own room very soon. His cot is being delivered today😃
How old is your baby? We must be very close😊
My little boy will be 6 months old next weekend, how old is yours? Baby Cupcake was always an excellent sleeper too, it was nice of them to give us a taste of what a decent night’s sleep can be like 🤣 fingers crossed it settles down for both of us soon. Is yours rolling and wanting to crawl, sit up etc too?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.