New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so fed up of baby G fighting every nap/bedtime. I can actually feel myself getting anxious and irritated before the process has even started because I just know she’s not going to sleep without a fight.

I’m trying to be more relaxed with it and telling myself it’s not the end of the world if she doesn’t nap when she’s supposed to but it just means I end up with a whingy overtired baby later on who STILL fights bedtime 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am so fed up of baby G fighting every nap/bedtime. I can actually feel myself getting anxious and irritated before the process has even started because I just know she’s not going to sleep without a fight.

I’m trying to be more relaxed with it and telling myself it’s not the end of the world if she doesn’t nap when she’s supposed to but it just means I end up with a whingy overtired baby later on who STILL fights bedtime 😫
This could have been me writing about my toddler when she was a baby! The anxiety I would have watching the baby monitor hoping she would get past the half hour/40 min. Does she nap in the car/pram when out and about? Could take the pressure and anxiety off you if one of her naps is ‘on the go’.

Being a single parent to two babies is hard. Especially when one of those children is a needy AF dog.

I don’t know how some of you do it for so long with more than one human child I’m going grey and a bottle of wine won’t be enough by the end of t
It is hard. Especially at the beginning. My eldest was 13 months, so a bit older, when I sit up with her dad, and it was so tough (1 bottle of wine also turned into 2 some nights 🫠)
It does get easier though. And as baby belle gets older, it will be a lot more manageable x

Reactions: 1
I actually hated baby sensory the lady explained too much I’m like hurry up and get the lights out so we can have a race because orange always looked very unhappy she loved this other one more hartbeeps and moo music probably because it was like some kind of farm trip. Also all three of us are in the bed she will not go in her cot keeps crying now she wants her teddy I know she isn’t meant to but it’s the only thing to stop her crying 😢
Tommy, in typical Tommy form, has to have one for each hand :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: He likes to chew one while he puts the over one over his face, clearly so he doesn't have to be blinded by my ugly mug

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Me again looking for any recommendations for jumperoos? My MIL wants to get us one for a gift and keeps asking me which I want but they all look the same to me, so wondering if there’s any in particular that are better than others!

We have 3 of the medium elephants. My mum got our toddler one for Xmas one year and he got so attached that the fear of losing it meant we bought 2 more. 2 of them get used regularly and have been named smelly elly (they’ve got sort of crispy from the washing machine and being stroked so often) and we have soft elly that is discarded because she’s not good enough. My toddler hates when smelly ellys have their “spa day” aka go in the washing machine, it’s even more torturous if I hang them on the line to dry he attempts to scale the washing line. I’m not sure why I told you all the story of smelly elly, you probably don’t even care :ROFLMAO:
For my niece who is due in November, I have got her one of those small blanket-like comfort animals with the animal’s head. I got her a duck, it’s very cute! Before baby is born, I plan on sending it, plus a hat, bib, outfit ( for hospital pictures) and the ubiquitous Sophie the giraffe squeezy/chewy toy (it’s probably the law that every French baby has to have one of them!). Apparently if parents sleep with them then give it to baby when he/she is napping on their own, it’s comforting to them, as it smells like mum and dad.
I might have to get a second one of whatever toy my niece gets attached to, so one can be washed and then the other, without depriving her of one-some children won’t sleep without it!
At of parents at the crèche I worked at had a comfort blanket/toy for the crèche, then an identical one at home!

Reactions: 2
Me again looking for any recommendations for jumperoos? My MIL wants to get us one for a gift and keeps asking me which I want but they all look the same to me, so wondering if there’s any in particular that are better than others!
They are pretty much all the same!
I always went for cheaper ones. Although I loved the finding nemo one!
Pretty much just what you like the look of!

• Heart

I am totally in the same boat. It’s such a struggle. I know exactly how you feel, it is so exhausting. I snapped at the knobwaffle yesterday because he tries for precisely 3 minutes before saying naaahhh he’s not tired. Yes he is!! It sometimes takes 10-15 mins of rocking and aggressive shushing but he gives up way before then 😤

This could have been me writing about my toddler when she was a baby! The anxiety I would have watching the baby monitor hoping she would get past the half hour/40 min. Does she nap in the car/pram when out and about? Could take the pressure and anxiety off you if one of her naps is ‘on the go’.
It’s just knowing I’m going to lay her down and she’s going to kick off, and then I could have anything from 15/20 mins to over an hour of her crying and fighting it. She’s hit and miss with the pram and car to be honest, I do usually try and go for a walk for her morning nap but sometimes I’ll walk for over an hour and she still wide awake! I’m hoping it’s something she’ll grow out of but I really does ruin our days sometimes

We had the rainforest one. I got it off of fb marketplace but I just chose the one that seemed like it had the most going on

• Heart
It is hard. Especially at the beginning. My eldest was 13 months, so a bit older, when I sit up with her dad, and it was so tough (1 bottle of wine also turned into 2 some nights 🫠)
It does get easier though. And as baby belle gets older, it will be a lot more manageable x
I’m not single properly I’m just being melodramatic cause he’s away for this week and the dog is a massive attention seeker 😂 I don’t know how you all do it for a long period of time!
The house is tidier than it is when he’s home though I’m trying to prove a point haha x

• Haha
I’m not single properly I’m just being melodramatic cause he’s away for this week and the dog is a massive attention seeker 😂 I don’t know how you all do it for a long period of time!
The house is tidier than it is when he’s home though I’m trying to prove a point haha x
Oh 😂😂 I thought I missed something and I didn’t want to dig too much 😂😂😂 ah, even though I miss Mr B when he’s out, I LOVE time On my own. Means I don’t have to rush around and get everything tidy by the time he gets home. I can wait until all the kids are in bed and I’ve fed myself
Don’t I feel like a dope 😂😂😂

Boy had the rainforest one, ge loved it! We kept it after he was done with it. He definitely got his use out of it!

• Heart
It’s just knowing I’m going to lay her down and she’s going to kick off, and then I could have anything from 15/20 mins to over an hour of her crying and fighting it. She’s hit and miss with the pram and car to be honest, I do usually try and go for a walk for her morning nap but sometimes I’ll walk for over an hour and she still wide awake! I’m hoping it’s something she’ll grow out of but I really does ruin our days sometimes
I so feel for you, I remember these feelings so well with my first who was a fantastic napper until about 5 months and then turned into a terrible napper! I don't think she had one single nap in her cot from the age of 5 months onwards, they were all buggy/sling/car/contact, and I would go out with her in the buggy 2 or 3 times a day, even in freezing torrential rain to get her to sleep. Sometimes she would, sometimes I'd do the same as you, walk for an hour and return home with an awake baby and me in tears. It's such an awful feeling and to be honest even though on the rare occasion she stayed asleep on her buggy and I could make the most of naps I loved them, I was so relieved when she stopped napping entirely so I could just stop thinking about it!

This baby is an even worse napper but weirdly it's not bothering me anywhere as much this time.

Hope things get easier for you 🤞

• Heart
In the eyes of my local authority, twin 2 is like any other baby.
Has no extra needs, needs the exact same amount of care as any other 11 month old, and our house is a decent size & is safe for her, and they won't allocate the funding for equipment for her.
I'm so bleeping done with this country and their bullshit red tape to excuse giving the most vulnerable in society the help they need.

Sorry. Needed to vent my anger somewhere before I punch my car window through

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

We had the rainforest one. I got it off of fb marketplace but I just chose the one that seemed like it had the most going on
This might not help you but I read something on instagram that our job as parents is not to make our children sleep, but support them (if that makes sense). It has sort of reframed my view on crappy naps and refusing sleep to the point where if I’ve done everything I can, I try not to let it make me feel bad and just go with it! (I know this won’t help when you have an overtired mess of a baby, but try be kinder to yourself!)

Also the rainforest jumperoo = tunes 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I so feel for you, I remember these feelings so well with my first who was a fantastic napper until about 5 months and then turned into a terrible napper! I don't think she had one single nap in her cot from the age of 5 months onwards, they were all buggy/sling/car/contact, and I would go out with her in the buggy 2 or 3 times a day, even in freezing torrential rain to get her to sleep. Sometimes she would, sometimes I'd do the same as you, walk for an hour and return home with an awake baby and me in tears. It's such an awful feeling and to be honest even though on the rare occasion she stayed asleep on her buggy and I could make the most of naps I loved them, I was so relieved when she stopped napping entirely so I could just stop thinking about it!

This baby is an even worse napper but weirdly it's not bothering me anywhere as much this time.

Hope things get easier for you 🤞
Yep baby G is the same as this! She always slept 7/8 months and just started resisting sleep! I don’t mind early mornings but there’s nothing more frustrating than a tired crying baby who just won’t go to sleep. She refused her morning nap and so when I put her down at 2pm she fell straight asleep, but I’ve had a couple of hours of her being miserable in the lead up where she’s been overtired. I also can’t wait for naps to be less important 😂

This might not help you but I read something on instagram that our job as parents is not to make our children sleep, but support them (if that makes sense). It has sort of reframed my view on crappy naps and refusing sleep to the point where if I’ve done everything I can, I try not to let it make me feel bad and just go with it! (I know this won’t help when you have an overtired mess of a baby, but try be kinder to yourself!)

Also the rainforest jumperoo = tunes 😂
That does help, thank you. I gave up with her morning nap and we played instead, because I realised I was making us both miserable trying to force a nap that obviously wasn’t going to happen. She’s got three top teeth coming through at the moment so I don’t think that’s helping.

You’ve just unlocked a memory (even though it was only a few months ago) of Mr G having a favourite part of the rainforest jumperoo music. He used wait for it and then be like “love this part” 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
In the eyes of my local authority, twin 2 is like any other baby.
Has no extra needs, needs the exact same amount of care as any other 11 month old, and our house is a decent size & is safe for her, and they won't allocate the funding for equipment for her.
I'm so bleeping done with this country and their bullshit red tape to excuse giving the most vulnerable in society the help they need.

Sorry. Needed to vent my anger somewhere before I punch my car window through
Your local authority are knobwaffles of the highest order, and apparently clinically insane to boot. What. A. Joke. I’m angry on your behalf

Reactions: 5
We have just found out that Mr T has lost his job, which is the latest tit thing to happen this year. We are going to have to put our plans of buying a house on hold until he can find something else, so we will be at his mums for the foreseeable. I’m so sick of all of the bad news we have got this year with family members being ill, losing the first house we were buying etc, I’m trying to stay positive but sometimes it’s hard to be and I just think how much more can go wrong. I’m so desperate for our own space, I feel like my life is all in boxes everywhere and the reality is we will still probably be here this Christmas, I also feel guilty for the baby not having his own room and things have been chaotic since he arrived, I just want a proper home for him and sometimes I feel like such a failure as a mum for not being able to provide that. Mr T will only going to get 1 months worth of redundancy pay, so pretty soon my monthly pay is going to have to cover everything, so that’s something else to stress about. Sorry to offload on here 😞 just needed to vent.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
We have just found out that Mr T has lost his job, which is the latest tit thing to happen this year. We are going to have to put our plans of buying a house on hold until he can find something else, so we will be at his mums for the foreseeable. I’m so sick of all of the bad news we have got this year with family members being ill, losing the first house we were buying etc, I’m trying to stay positive but sometimes it’s hard to be and I just think how much more can go wrong. I’m so desperate for our own space, I feel like my life is all in boxes everywhere and the reality is we will still probably be here this Christmas, I also feel guilty for the baby not having his own room and things have been chaotic since he arrived, I just want a proper home for him and sometimes I feel like such a failure as a mum for not being able to provide that. Mr T will only going to get 1 months worth of redundancy pay, so pretty soon my monthly pay is going to have to cover everything, so that’s something else to stress about. Sorry to offload on here 😞 just needed to vent.
You are NOT a failure. Things happen that are out of our control (this is coming from me who stresses about everything!!!)
You will be fine, and this is coming from someone who lost 2 jobs in covid, as did Mr B, but we are in a completely different and the best place now.

• Heart
Nursery have sent her home again.
37.5 and crying. Picked her up and she’s all smiles and crawling around

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.