New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well we’re in to our third week of nursery and she’s been sent home with a temperature 🙈🙄
We were the same however it was allergies which I get calls for like every week for about 8 weeks or coughs and colds chest infections we have had it honestly it will get better ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We were the same however it was allergies which I get calls for like every week for about 8 weeks or coughs and colds chest infections we have had it honestly it will get better ❤
It’s crap isn’t it.
She is unwell she’s been snotty and chesty for about 5 days now, but she’s fine in herself. Just given her some medicine and she’s having a little sleep 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Thanks for the advice about my non-napping baby. I bought a fabric sling which was great then…heatwave. I was not walking around with a hot rotisserie chicken baby against my boobs. Can’t wait for this humidity to pass to wear it again as it really does help.

She’s finally gone down for a nap 6 hours after she woke up (has had 3 x 10 minute catnaps at the boob)

Will I load the dishwasher? Will I duck

I’m just going to lie down and enjoy the freedom of not being fed from for an hour.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This heatwave and humidity can get in the fecking bin.

We’re are just sticking to each other during breastfeeding and she’s getting a heat rash wherever our skin meets.

This heat wave is decidedly not the one.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

We’re are just sticking to each other during breastfeeding and she’s getting a heat rash wherever our skin meets.

I hope the heatwave stops soon and you all your babies stop being sweaty gammons, rotisserie chickens 🐔 and sticky, overheated limpets!

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I used to pop a Muslim between us as much as possible, trying to just have the nip out really, to avoid the skin on skin sticky, sweaty mess.

Does anyone have any good diet tips for weight loss while breastfeeding? I put 4 stone ( 😅 😨 😭) on during pregnancy, lost 2 in a week from fluid but haven't lost a single pound since then and it's really starting to get me down. It's really frustrating because honestly I don't think I even hit 1000-1500 calories most days, although I'll admit what I do eat is absolute shite. I don't have much time to cook, so quick stuff or batch things I guess. I can't stand cooking but I equally can't stand being the size of a house end so needs must :p Tbh I'm sick of feeling tit all the time and I'm worried my crappy diet isn't helping small man either.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anyone have any good diet tips for weight loss while breastfeeding? I put 4 stone ( 😅 😨 😭) on during pregnancy, lost 2 in a week from fluid but haven't lost a single pound since then and it's really starting to get me down. It's really frustrating because honestly I don't think I even hit 1000-1500 calories most days, although I'll admit what I do eat is absolute shite. I don't have much time to cook, so quick stuff or batch things I guess. I can't stand cooking but I equally can't stand being the size of a house end so needs must :p Tbh I'm sick of feeling tit all the time and I'm worried my crappy diet isn't helping small man either.
If you only eat that many, upping them would be your first thing.
If you're only having that many, your body will be storing fat instead of burning it so prevents weight loss 😊

• Heart
I'm calorie counting everything at the moment, and it's opened my eyes how my big portions were easily 600 calories in one sitting plus other meals, snacks etc! It's boringggggg but it's really quick to do once you get into the swing of things. Also setting myself a goal of 10-15k steps a day helps the weight to come off quick as well. But when your up all night with a baby we're automatically programmed to go for crap because we're so knackered, I feel your pain x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have been walking like a mad woman every single day without fail since babyelf was a couple of weeks old for at least an hour sometimes as long as two. Its the only thing that has worked for me. Like you I eat very little during the day but what I do eat is so crap 🙈 just this week have got within half a stone of my goal weight so its taken 8 months, but slowly getting there.

• Heart
Had a total moment today when picking baby up from nursery. Maybe I sound totally dramatic, but when I came in the front door I could hear her crying from down the stairs, not unusual as she seems to melt down a bit at pick up time as she’s still getting used to the long days and sleeping there etc. But when I went in the room she was sat in the middle of the carpet crying her eyes out all alone 😔 my heart just sank and I ran and scooped her up. There was an older lady worker there with some of the older babies, she was sat a few metres away from my baby and had the others on her lap. Then the other girl came through and apologised and said she had been happy and she just put her down to go to the toilet because she was bursting and she had started crying just while she was in the toilet. She then started saying my baby had recently been quite clingy to her and wanting to be near her all the time and she had only been crying for a minute. And then she said you could guarantee the minute they pop the baby down to go to the loo would be the moment the parent arrives. I was just a bit upset and left without really talking to her. They are a good nursery, I know that and every other time I’ve picked her up she was being cuddled. I know they rock her to sleep. They have spent lots of time with her trying to get her to take a bottle. And I know they have 2/3 babies per worker and they won’t be able to get them every time. But I still feel the older lady could have picked her up considering the other babies weren’t upset. It’s so hard because she could be happy all day and I don’t really see that you just have to have trust that they’re fine and then the one moment you do see them they’re upset and alone and that’s all you have to go on. Just feel so rotten.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Had a total moment today when picking baby up from nursery. Maybe I sound totally dramatic, but when I came in the front door I could hear her crying from down the stairs, not unusual as she seems to melt down a bit at pick up time as she’s still getting used to the long days and sleeping there etc. But when I went in the room she was sat in the middle of the carpet crying her eyes out all alone 😔 my heart just sank and I ran and scooped her up. There was an older lady worker there with some of the older babies, she was sat a few metres away from my baby and had the others on her lap. Then the other girl came through and apologised and said she had been happy and she just put her down to go to the toilet because she was bursting and she had started crying just while she was in the toilet. She then started saying my baby had recently been quite clingy to her and wanting to be near her all the time and she had only been crying for a minute. And then she said you could guarantee the minute they pop the baby down to go to the loo would be the moment the parent arrives. I was just a bit upset and left without really talking to her. They are a good nursery, I know that and every other time I’ve picked her up she was being cuddled. I know they rock her to sleep. And I know they have 2/3 babies per worker and they won’t be able to get them every time. But I still feel the older lady could have picked her up considering the other babies weren’t upset. It’s so hard because she could be happy all day and I don’t really see that you just have to have trust that they’re fine and then the one moment you do see them they’re upset and alone and that’s all you have to go on. Just feel so rotten.
I completely get you - it's so tough leaving your entire world in someone else's hands. It's not dramatic at all and I'd be the exact same. My older 2 children have been in childcare since they were babies but I hate the thought of leaving baby in Jan, I wish we could afford to live off of one age as I'm so anxious about sending him this time round!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
🙋🏻‍♀️ Fellow crap eater!
Honestly, I’ve never seen breastfeeding impact my size at all. I’ve never felt that I’ve lost weight because of it (despite what everyone tells you) or that it really has any bearing on my size.

The main thing I noticed is that this time round I lost weight a lot more quickly because I was moving much more (3Me is the most active child we’ve had at her age, walks and cycles miles while I walk with her, whereas the others at that age wouldn’t have done, thus I didn’t either)
I think just moving, walking, being on your feet is what helped me lose the weight this time. (For reference I put on 3 stone in pregnancy and am now 5 stone lighter than my heaviest pregnancy weight, 2 stone lighter than pre pregnancy). My diet remains the same - generally don’t eat breakfast or lunch, then around 2pm I start raiding the biscuits, sweets and crisps, normal family dinner, then more snacks in the evening 🙈 So hardly healthy or low calorie.
So yeah, I would say just get moving as much as possible although I know that’s hard with just one small babe sometimes.

• Heart
Have lost 3 stone and baby is 8 weeks old. I put on just over 4 in total over pregnancy.

No bread, no rice, no pasta, no grains like quinoa
No sugar (not even fruit)- for treats I have a couple of squares of diabetic chocolate with sweeteners each night

I have brunch mid morning and then dinner about 6. Will have eggs, or a small fry up, or Greek yogurt for breakfast. Dinner is fish/meat with veg- salad or more of a cooked dinner. Creamy and fatty sauces ok.

If I want a takeaway- mixed grill at the Indian, kebab meat and salad at the Turkish, salt and pepper ribs at the Chinese. I stick to steak and salad if we go out for a meal at a gastropubby type place.

I don’t count calories and the fat fills me up. My own body fat is melting away. Being fat in the heat was miserable and looking forward to it all being goneee

Will be introducing some exercise now I am feeling better.

• Heart
I’m going to sound like such an unhelpful prick but I’ve had to start weighing and tracking all my food again to start dieting cause exercise isn’t where I want it. I plan what I’m eating for the day on one of my night feeds so it’s all on my fitness pal app for when I get up. It’s boring as duck but it helps so much with portion control and keeping focus.
I fill up on porridge & fruit in the morning, and protein snacks like bars and yogurts it stops me eating rubbish all day but I feel like I’ve had a treat that way and I chug water like no one’s business!

Speaking of breastfeeding my mums seen my nipples for the first time since I was about 7 today cause he kept pulling off to be nosey and laugh at her 🙃 said nipple was also streaming milk when he did it 😂
He’s also started screaming like I’m murdering him including when he’s latched which is odd to say the least

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I used to pop a Muslim between us as much as possible, trying to just have the nip out really, to avoid the skin on skin sticky, sweaty mess.
I’ll try that — we tried lying down and it helped, but she still got the heat rash around her mouth 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
I don't have any suggestions except buy a slow cooker. It's amazing for just firing everything in the morning and then you have something decent at night. I use mine 5 times a week things like curry, bolognaise, chilli, soup, pasta bakes. Honestly really helped me improve my eating

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Honestly the best tip is to make small changes they are maintainable. If you can do little cut backs every day you are more likely to keep it up rather cutting all the tasty stuff then bingeing.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.