New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you get your work situation sorted in the end lantern, or is it still up in the air? (In which case sorry for bringing it up 😬)
I did thank you for asking! Pays less, still hate it and still skint but that’s better than living in a box thats for sure 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s just eaten a bleeping spider. A spider!!?!
She swallowed a spider to catch the fly, I don’t know why she swallowed a fly?

I feel like little pidge and T are playing top trumps in what’s the weirdest thing they can eat… baby T is winning!

TumTum cup has been delivered and I also remortgaged my house and bought a bamboo bunny plate (anyone with a Stokke high chair, the suction is extremely good- best I’ve tried yet!)

i have a 7 month old literal potato that isn’t arsed about moving in the slightest if you’re interested? 😂 so mad when tiny babies are just proper movers! I follow a lady with (literally) 9 kids on insta and her 4 month is ALREADY crawling…..waaaaat
Little pidge doesn’t even traditionally crawl she army crawls with one arm and leg 😂 does she pull herself up? Absolutely not and she’s 9.5m.. I was really bothered to begin with and now she’s moving, life is so hard and my house has become a shithole 😂

potatoes for life!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
TumTum cup has been delivered and I also remortgaged my house and bought a bamboo bunny plate (anyone with a Stokke high chair, the suction is extremely good- best I’ve tried yet!)
Nothing in life annoys me as much as the fact that Stokke made their high chair tray textured so that no normal suction bowls work 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
She swallowed a spider to catch the fly, I don’t know why she swallowed a fly?

I feel like little pidge and T are playing top trumps in what’s the weirdest thing they can eat… baby T is winning!
I made her cocoa powder weetabix balls for breakfast then later on showed her what was in her nappy to try build some awareness with bodily functions ( 💩) and she was going ‘mmmmm’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Nothing in life annoys me as much as the fact that Stokke made their high chair tray textured so that no normal suction bowls work 🤦🏼‍♀️
Literally… you’d think for the cost of it as well, proper trolling us😂😩

so I tested myself and I appear to have covid too… interesting🤔

I made her cocoa powder weetabix balls for breakfast then later on showed her what was in her nappy to try build some awareness with bodily functions ( 💩) and she was going ‘mmmmm’ 😂
I have so much time for babyT! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Knobwaffle rant incoming 🚨 I’ve been looking after baby T solo this week whilst Mr T was working which is fair enough, but it’s been quite hellish with really long days where baby T has been fighting every nap due to the heat and then has been overtired and screaming at everything, and he’s been waking up 1-2 times every night this week so I’m bloody knackered. All of my energy has been going in to trying to keep the baby cool and happy and I haven’t left the house or seen anyone because it’s too hot, so I was looking forward to getting a bit of respite today because Mr T has the weekend off, but he’s just said that he’s going to his dads to watch football 🙃 so I’m going to be alone all day with the baby again. He didn’t even tell me, I overheard him telling his mum. Yesterday I was telling him how tired I am after this week, and he was like “just go to bed” and this was whilst baby T was still wide awake 😑 as if I could ever do that. I’m so annoyed, I said to him that I don’t get to just go off and do what I want, and asked him when I get time to have hobbies and he just had nothing to say back to that. I love baby T so much but there’s more to me than just being his mum, but at the moment that’s all I am. I met up with my best friend the other week who I’ve barely seen since having baby T, she doesn’t have kids and she had loads of interesting things to say and I couldn’t think of anything which just made me feel a bit tit. Anyway, he’s still going out and leaving me to it, might have to put him in the bin.

• Heart
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Knobwaffle rant incoming 🚨 I’ve been looking after baby T solo this week whilst Mr T was working which is fair enough, but it’s been quite hellish with really long days where baby T has been fighting every nap due to the heat and then has been overtired and screaming at everything, and he’s been waking up 1-2 times every night this week so I’m bloody knackered. All of my energy has been going in to trying to keep the baby cool and happy and I haven’t left the house or seen anyone because it’s too hot, so I was looking forward to getting a bit of respite today because Mr T has the weekend off, but he’s just said that he’s going to his dads to watch football 🙃 so I’m going to be alone all day with the baby again. He didn’t even tell me, I overheard him telling his mum. Yesterday I was telling him how tired I am after this week, and he was like “just go to bed” and this was whilst baby T was still wide awake 😑 as if I could ever do that. I’m so annoyed, I said to him that I don’t get to just go off and do what I want, and asked him when I get time to have hobbies and he just had nothing to say back to that. I love baby T so much but there’s more to me than just being his mum, but at the moment that’s all I am. I met up with my best friend the other week who I’ve barely seen since having baby T, she doesn’t have kids and she had loads of interesting things to say and I couldn’t think of anything which just made me feel a bit tit. Anyway, he’s still going out and leaving me to it, might have to put him in the bin.
Appreciate this might simply not be an option… but anyway you can just get up right now and go out leaving him in the house with baby T and send him a message once you’re at the end of the road telling him he’s home alone with the baby and you’ll be back later? (And then have a lovely day giving yourself some TLC)

Reactions: 9
Just had to fish a load of cat biscuits out of little ones mouth. Literally was just putting a wash on and in she went 🙈😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think I’ve worked out why she’s grumpy after opening her nappy and one single pebble of poo fell out😑 it was that hard it rolled off the table and bounced… luckily I have an emergency prune pouch in the cupboard…

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Baby Bluebird slept yesterday afternoon (yay!) but then it was party time last night. Husband was asleep on the couch so missed it, but was basically awake with her from 9-3am and then again at 5am.

I’m absolutely exhausted.

But when he brought her upstairs this morning for her feed and we were playing on the bed she looked at me and smiled two different times. They’re her first proper smiles!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Omg this has proper wound me up. Why are men so selfish. My knobwaffle used to be like this, he would just make plans for hours on end on a Saturday without considering me and the baby. I had to start being being very blunt and asking for time to myself because he gets a break why don’t I?
he could’ve taken the baby with him. he could’ve taken both of you so you have other sets of hands (mil maybe?) he should’ve told you. sorry he is a knobwaffle. i am annoyed for you 😤

Reactions: 7
KW is home after working away for a week. I’d hoped the novelty of his reappearance would keep the kids occupied enough for me to have a bath by myself and shave my legs….. I was gone approximately 0.134 seconds before I hear Toddler Runners little voice…
TR: Mummy I’ve got a problem
Me: Okay, can daddy fix it?
TR: No, because my problem is I miss you

• Heart
Reactions: 25
KW is home after working away for a week. I’d hoped the novelty of his reappearance would keep the kids occupied enough for me to have a bath by myself and shave my legs….. I was gone approximately 0.134 seconds before I hear Toddler Runners little voice…
TR: Mummy I’ve got a problem
Me: Okay, can daddy fix it?
TR: No, because my problem is I miss you
Oh my goodness 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Getting ready to head out for the day so asked mr waka what backpack he wanted for the baby stuff he said ‘well it’s not like she really needs anything is it’
No no, just snacks, water, nappies, nappy bags, spare clothes, a ziploc bag for dirty clothes, sunscreen, hat, bib, toys to entertain her if we go to eat, even more water for her, comfort dolly, dummy for emergencies, muslin for makeshift shade in the van, nothing at all 🫠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi all, I'm still pregnant due on the 28th August, but need some help please!

Due to the current weather I've just bought a 0.5 tog ergobaby sleeping bag for our baby. I'm hoping it's cooler by the time he comes but the heat this year has been nuts 🥴

I'm having a look at the guide on how to dress them for bed, and noticed this only goes up to a room being 25 degrees. Our room can get up to 30 sometimes, but has mostly been sitting at 27 during this heatwave. So what do I dress him in?! Is a nappy in the 0.5 tog bag ok or still too warm? Will a newborn sleep in literally just a nappy and no bag?!

I never had to consider any of this with my daughter as she was an October baby!

PXL_20220813_125510229.jpg

Reactions: 1
Hi all, I'm still pregnant due on the 28th August, but need some help please!

Due to the current weather I've just bought a 0.5 tog ergobaby sleeping bag for our baby. I'm hoping it's cooler by the time he comes but the heat this year has been nuts 🥴

I'm having a look at the guide on how to dress them for bed, and noticed this only goes up to a room being 25 degrees. Our room can get up to 30 sometimes, but has mostly been sitting at 27 during this heatwave. So what do I dress him in?! Is a nappy in the 0.5 tog bag ok or still too warm? Will a newborn sleep in literally just a nappy and no bag?!

I never had to consider any of this with my daughter as she was an October baby!

View attachment 1495257
My girl won’t sleep without a bag but I think a lot of babies are fine in just a nappy. Tommee Tippee do a 0.2 tog bag if you think baby really needs one ☺

last night her room was 28/29 degrees and she had her nappy, 0.2 bag and a fan on

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.