New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why wouldn’t she have just lied 😬😬

but overall was it a good session for her? How did you feel?
Tbf I told them not to lie to me as I’ve got 3 weeks to settle her so I’m no rush to extend her days (I’ve actually been a nightmare so they’re probably scared of me) & I think I caught her off guard. She said that today she actually was okay and played lots, I suggested breakfast on Monday and she said call again at 10 because if she’s been fine then she should stay for lunch too as she could have stayed longer today aswell. I’m okay. Unfortunately I can’t quit work so it has to be done but I know she’ll enjoy it in time
She refused to let me go in the car park so we stood hugging for about 5 mins 🥹
26BF7AC3-83FE-49C8-BED3-703AE06A94E5.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
29 degrees here, which means my work is about 45, I swear to groot if ONE more bleeping customer says “omg it’s hot in here isn’t it” I’m going to take their address under the guise of entering our in store competition and post them one of Tommys nappies x

I’ll be sure to leave it out for a day so it’s really ripe ☺
Did you get your work situation sorted in the end lantern, or is it still up in the air? (In which case sorry for bringing it up 😬)

Reactions: 2
We had the same last night, and seems like tonight will be similar. I wonder if it’s the heat? Doesn’t usually bother mine much at night, but the last two nights he’s been very unsettled and wriggly in his sleep. Hope they both settle for a good rest x

Why wouldn’t she have just lied 😬😬

but overall was it a good session for her? How did you feel?
Yeah, usually the heat doesn’t seem to affect her sleep but tonight does feel muggy. She’s also getting much closer to army crawling now so I’m wondering if there’s some development stuff going on - she keeps lifting her bum up in the air and twerking 🙈
I’m just stressing about her window being closed - it’s 29 degrees in there but she has her 0.2 tog bag on and a fan but I just don’t want to risk fully waking her 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sorry but HOW is Orange 11 months 🤯
Hope the test goes well! Deffo interested to hear how it goes, we’re still waiting, we’ve seen no-one since he went in by ambulance after his but allergy reaction in May 💔
Aww that’s awful if I’m honest I did get this appointment because I rang the dietician and she clearly didn’t want me to go psycho ginger mum on her again so she referred me because it was strawberries then eggs now wheat 🌾 have you rang your go about it again some of the advice they give is ridiculous ‘ just give them antihistamine’ is not sufficient xx Ps I know I can’t deal with it🥹🥹 this time last year most of us we’re very pregnant with swollen feet smashing McDonald’s McFlurrys abs ice blasts xx

Aww that’s awful if I’m honest I did get this appointment because I rang the dietician and she clearly didn’t want me to go psycho ginger mum on her again so she referred me because it was strawberries then eggs now wheat 🌾 have you rang your go about it again some of the advice they give is ridiculous ‘ just give them antihistamine’ is not sufficient xx Ps I know I can’t deal with it🥹🥹 this time last year most of us we’re very pregnant with swollen feet smashing McDonald’s McFlurrys abs ice blasts xx
This time last year I was away staying with my SIL and hadn’t been to the toilet in about a week, I was fuming. Went for an all you can eat Chinese and threw it all back up as there was no room in my body for it. Had 7 weeks off sick after that cos I just couldn’t get on top of it 🫠
Cute memory there 🤪

Poor baby 🥺 dairy AND eggs AND wheat is such a cruel combo. Little lad can’t have strawberry either and so many kid things come in strawberry edition which is frustrating, but at least it’s something that can easily be left out of meals at home. I bet you have a right time thinking of what to cook for her with none of those.

I’m really disappointed with everyone tbh. Health visitor and GP are just like 🤷🏽‍♀️ “wait for your non existent appointment”. And we had a right palaver with the antihistamine as they initially prescribed him twice the toddler dose as a 6 month old as they did the dosing maths wrong and it was me that queried it 😐 and then he kept getting it issued in strawberry flavour. Strawberry medicine for allergies which include strawberry 🙃
We have a new GP at the practice who used to be a paeds reg but we can never get in with them, hoping that can be who we see going forward though.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
This time last year I was away staying with my SIL and hadn’t been to the toilet in about a week, I was fuming. Went for an all you can eat Chinese and threw it all back up as there was no room in my body for it. Had 7 weeks off sick after that cos I just couldn’t get on top of it 🫠
Cute memory there 🤪

Poor baby 🥺 dairy AND eggs AND wheat is such a cruel combo. Little lad can’t have strawberry either and so many kid things come in strawberry edition which is frustrating, but at least it’s something that can easily be left out of meals at home. I bet you have a right time thinking of what to cook for her with none of those.

I’m really disappointed with everyone tbh. Health visitor and GP are just like 🤷🏽‍♀️ “wait for your non existent appointment”. And we had a right palaver with the antihistamine as they initially prescribed him twice the toddler dose as a 6 month old as they did the dosing maths wrong and it was me that queried it 😐 and then he kept getting it issued in strawberry flavour. Strawberry medicine for allergies which include strawberry 🙃
We have a new GP at the practice who used to be a paeds reg but we can never get in with them, hoping that can be who we see going forward though.
What a category of errors! The first GP told me to just keep trying her with fruit and veg when I said she was reacting to egg and milk. She reacted again and I went off on a rant that we were just being left to cope and the next step was 999 where they’d be no history of an allergy as no one had helped. I said I would start the egg and milk ladder myself but again if no one is willing to advise me then what happens if she reacts? I go to A&E and say I’ve taken her allergies into my own hands? Funnily enough I was prescribed baby piriton, got a phone appointment with a dietitian and finally have an allergy appointment in 2 weeks after flagging it up in April.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
As predicted, we are back in Mardy Arse territory again today. She’s currently transfixed on Ms Rachel playing with an old shoelace because it seems to be the only thing that keeps her happy.
MIL is coming round later, Mr O made a comment about palming baby off on her for a bit of peace and quiet. You literally had her for 2 hours yesterday, I’ve had 2 days but yeah, you need the break 🙃

• Heart
What fresh hell is this. My teeny tiny 6.5 month old has learnt to pull herself up to standing. My eldest walked at about 9 months, but I thought the fact Baby Runner is so much fatter would keep her stationary for longer 😭😭 The stage where they just stay still and don’t move is my fave part of parenting I think, I’m not ready for that to be over

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
And, my cycle is back 😭 arrived by surprise in the middle of the night - ended up in some leftover post birth tena pants last night (everyone raves about them so I bought 3 packs and barely needed 1) as that’s all I could lay my hands on 😂 and I feel on edge leaving the bed with little lad alone in it now he’s so agile.
Getting rid of the side sleeper today, so both sides of the bed will be exposed again. What do other bed sharers do? Just wing it? We have soft carpet 🤪 but the bed is pretty high as it’s an ottoman one.

What fresh hell is this. My teeny tiny 6.5 month old has learnt to pull herself up to standing. My eldest walked at about 9 months, but I thought the fact Baby Runner is so much fatter would keep her stationary for longer 😭😭 The stage where they just stay still and don’t move is my fave part of parenting I think, I’m not ready for that to be over
Yay, but not yay. Well done Baby Runner 👏🏽

• Heart
Well I mean, it’s right there in the name - Baby Runner. What else did you expect?! 🤣

Tbf I told them not to lie to me as I’ve got 3 weeks to settle her so I’m no rush to extend her days (I’ve actually been a nightmare so they’re probably scared of me) & I think I caught her off guard. She said that today she actually was okay and played lots, I suggested breakfast on Monday and she said call again at 10 because if she’s been fine then she should stay for lunch too as she could have stayed longer today aswell. I’m okay. Unfortunately I can’t quit work so it has to be done but I know she’ll enjoy it in time
She refused to let me go in the car park so we stood hugging for about 5 mins 🥹View attachment 1494215
😭😭😭😭 this is the sweetest thing!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
i have a 7 month old literal potato that isn’t arsed about moving in the slightest if you’re interested? 😂 so mad when tiny babies are just proper movers! I follow a lady with (literally) 9 kids on insta and her 4 month is ALREADY crawling…..waaaaat

• Haha
i have a 7 month old literal potato that isn’t arsed about moving in the slightest if you’re interested? 😂 so mad when tiny babies are just proper movers! I follow a lady with (literally) 9 kids on insta and her 4 month is ALREADY crawling…..waaaaat
Hahaha mines just turned 8 months and he’s the same. I realise I’ve been taking for granted the fact I can just lay him on the fluffy bathmat while I shower and he’ll happily stay there. Wtf do you do with a moving one?! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤯

I crawled the other day to show him how it’s done and he just sat and laughed at me 😂

• Haha
Well she’s got these massive fat thighs and I thought all the extra weight might mean she’d be a potato too 😂 I took a photo yest of her standing up on the laundry basket and she just looks so small!

Hahaha mines just turned 8 months and he’s the same. I realise I’ve been taking for granted the fact I can just lay him on the fluffy bathmat while I shower and he’ll happily stay there. Wtf do you do with a moving one?! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤯

I crawled the other day to show him how it’s done and he just sat and laughed at me 😂
I bring her in the shower with me and she sits on the floor and splashes 🤷‍♂️

• Heart
My 4 month old is basically crawling 🤦FML. It's not proper head and bum up fast crawling but he can get several feet surprisingly quickly. It's a nightmare to be honest, he's constantly after the toddler's dangerous toys! I thought I'd have longer before this stage started. He rolled both ways at 11 weeks, tiny little nutcase.

• Wow
I demonstrated crawling for baby G the other day, but realised she couldn’t really see my legs because my dress was in the way. So I hoiked it up round my waist and went crawling round on my hands and knees with my knickers on full display… right when the postman walked onto the drive 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My 4 month old is basically crawling 🤦FML. It's not proper head and bum up fast crawling but he can get several feet surprisingly quickly. It's a nightmare to be honest, he's constantly after the toddler's dangerous toys! I thought I'd have longer before this stage started. He rolled both ways at 11 weeks, tiny little nutcase.
These babies really lead the way for the potatoes among us, I’m here for it 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.