New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby is having the longest nap of his life so far, 2 hours and counting! He's outside so I'm trying to pretend I can't possibly go inside and do jobs as I have to stay near him reading my book...

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The amount of women on Mumnet that say they have constant sex dreams about him and that he's their guilty pleasure 🤢

Baby is having the longest nap of his life so far, 2 hours and counting! He's outside so I'm trying to pretend I can't possibly go inside and do jobs as I have to stay near him reading my book...
Well you’re only following safe sleep guidelines, it would be positively dangerous to leave him 😉 enjoy!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My baby won’t nap in this heat 😫😫😫 I’m going insane
Mine will only sleep on me today 😩!! I love the cuddles but my washing is half hung up outside! He just cries the second I put him down, I try to leave him for a few seconds to go for a wee and do bits but his cry makes me feel mega mum guilt 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Mine will only sleep on me today 😩!! I love the cuddles but my washing is half hung up outside! He just cries the second I put him down, I try to leave him for a few seconds to go for a wee and do bits but his cry makes me feel mega mum guilt 😭
Have you got a sling or carrier?

I love Bluey. I’ve cried at loads of them… I put one called Sleepytime on the other day for Baby G, thinking it might be a nice soothing one before her nap. She took fuckall notice of it and I was sat there sobbing! 😂
Mines is the same! I heard that Bluey was good, popped it on the other day. I thought it was great, baby was not interested at all. If it’s not Elmo she just isn’t into it 😂 Can’t even watch Sesame Street on any channel now so I have to YouTube it 🙈

Sorry to rant on a Friday night but here I go anyway…

Mr G mentioned a few times earlier this week that he might go for a drink after work today (he’s wfh). Every time he’s mentioned it I’ve said that it’s not really fair when baby has been so ratty this week and I’ve not had a break, it would be nicer if he helped out a bit instead. Bedtimes are a bleeping nightmare, last night it took me 2.5 hours to get her to sleep. Today it took me 2 hours to get her to nap, with her screaming and crying for most of it, which he saw. I literally sat there and said to him I can’t do this twice a day every day any more it’s ridiculous. He said ohh ok maybe I won’t go out then...

5 o clock rolls around and he says he’s going out 🙄 His argument is that I didn’t flat out tell him no. To which I answered, because I’m not your mum?! He also made a big deal of not wanting to let people down which summed everything up for me because I told him he’s more bothered about other people even though he’s now letting me down by sodding off for the evening, leaving me with a miserable hot teething baby and a horrible bedtime to do alone again. The fact he doesn’t even think he’s in the wrong winds me up even more!

• Angry
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
@Lulu Goss what a knob, he needs to put you both first!

I'm so confused, I rang up the GP to book Arnie's last injections and the receptionist was like oh the doctor wants to see baby for a 4 month check so you can book the injections when you see him next week. I'm so confused we never had a 4 month check when the other two were little? Is this new?

Said to my husband “I’m a hammy clammy lady” & he replied “I don’t know what that means, but sounds like you need a shower.”

So that’s how my evening is going. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back when you send off the child benefit form? I posted mine a month ago now and haven’t heard anything? Do they send you a letter?
I posted mine about a month ago and got the first payment on 4th August (for 12 weeks) so it was quite quick. I only got a letter back this week though.

I'm so confused, I rang up the GP to book Arnie's last injections and the receptionist was like oh the doctor wants to see baby for a 4 month check so you can book the injections when you see him next week. I'm so confused we never had a 4 month check when the other two were little? Is this new?
We had an 8 week check and jabs! She checked her hips, weighed her and put something in the red book then we went to the nurse and had the jabs

So.... how long is the bloody witching HOUR??

And which mutha trucker invented it 😠

• Heart

Never heard of that before!

Sorry to rant on a Friday night but here I go anyway…

Mr G mentioned a few times earlier this week that he might go for a drink after work today (he’s wfh). Every time he’s mentioned it I’ve said that it’s not really fair when baby has been so ratty this week and I’ve not had a break, it would be nicer if he helped out a bit instead. Bedtimes are a bleeping nightmare, last night it took me 2.5 hours to get her to sleep. Today it took me 2 hours to get her to nap, with her screaming and crying for most of it, which he saw. I literally sat there and said to him I can’t do this twice a day every day any more it’s ridiculous. He said ohh ok maybe I won’t go out then...

5 o clock rolls around and he says he’s going out 🙄 His argument is that I didn’t flat out tell him no. To which I answered, because I’m not your mum?! He also made a big deal of not wanting to let people down which summed everything up for me because I told him he’s more bothered about other people even though he’s now letting me down by sodding off for the evening, leaving me with a miserable hot teething baby and a horrible bedtime to do alone again. The fact he doesn’t even think he’s in the wrong winds me up even more!
In the bin, MrG. ❤❤

I've never had a 4 month check with any of mine. Maybe it's new for your area.
Had a 6 week one and that was it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.