New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I caved in and bought just chill mamas sleep course. Do you want me to outline the routine? Baby waka responded to it first day and sleeps up to 2 hours at mid day and 11.5 hours at night 7-6:30ish now
ETA she’s 11 months and 2 weeks!
Would also be interested in this 🙈🤣

Edit: just saw you posted, thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I mean if we’re talking grandparents … my kids are blessed with Glam-ma and Grandparent 🤦🏼‍♀️🤪 who despite neither of them having a job both said they wouldn’t have Toddler Runner while I was in labour so my husband stayed with her while I gave birth alone

Happy birthday @jackolantern I hope no one vomits in your mouth today
How about my mum who refused to have 4yo while I was induced but wouldn't let me be alone as KW stayed with her so stayed at the hospital while I gave birth...but sat as far away as she could in the room, sipping her thermos of tea and watched me while I was pushing for two hours 🥴

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Wake between 6:30-7:00
Breakfast 7am
Milk/snack 8am
No nap before 9am.
Nap 9:00 if woke closer to 6:30 but try to get to 9:15-9:30. Wake no later than 10am. (This nap shortens until it’s gone)
Snack 10am
Lunch 11:45
If no morning nap, nap 12:15
Morning nap- nap at 12:30-12:45
Snack 2
Dinner 5
She says bath 6:15, milk 6:45 (I swap these two)
Bed 7pm

settling method is firm hand on chest to replicate hug and x3 ‘sssh’ & leave room. If unsettled set a timer and return at your set time (this can stay the same or extend, it’s what you feel comfortable with). If they wake at night, repeat settling method. All naps and bedtimes start with same routine, nappy, sleep bag, book then down (I have dummy and a cuddle. She has started to push me away now as she knows she’s ready to sleep). Yesterday she chilled in the cot for 25 mins by herself which she never does. She still wakes bang on 4am every night but goes back down with a kiss and dummy whereas before she would cry until she got in the bed, even if I rocked her and laid her down asleep. She had no ability to relax and was playing until 9pm each night.
I think that’s everything! It’s a 10-18 month routine

ETA being in the room can over stimulate some babies but there is also a suggested method of staying in and moving back a distance each time, think @Lulu Goss did this. Laying them down if they’re standing can turn into a game so if the timer went and she was standing I wanted until she was down again to resettle her.

(My own opinion) I kept the book the Same for the first few days for comfort so she knew what to expect. then I introduced a new one. I now have 3 on rotation in the bedroom and she can choose which one she wants and I know she’s getting older and will want some control over some things so this gives her some power back
ooh thank you this is interesting! That is incredible that it worked straight away for you guys. Tbh I’ll try anything now 😩 we had about 2/3 weeks of decent-ish sleep, cot naps and only 2/3 wakes but now we are back to screaming hell most days 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 2
ooh thank you this is interesting! That is incredible that it worked straight away for you guys. Tbh I’ll try anything now 😩 we had about 2/3 weeks of decent-ish sleep, cot naps and only 2/3 wakes but now we are back to screaming hell most days 😭
Best of luck with it. We were the same. I had to hold her down to try and get her to relax Thursday night as she was crawling up and down the bed at 10pm giggling and Friday I just cried. She was just messing about and had no ability to ‘relax’. I was crying, she was crying crying and I bought the course. Me and mr Waka were speed reading it to try and implement it, funny in hindsight but we’d reached the peak of 5 months of unsettled bedtimes

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not me telling hubby my dentist appointment was at 2 and an hour long when it’s really at 230 and 30 mins. So I could have half an hour to chill in the car by myself 😅😅 motherhood is wild

Happy birthday @jackolantern hope you’re having a lovely day

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
@Midgettree all okay with you!?
Yes all good thanks, have just been lurking, the threads seem to be moving so fast at the moment every time I go to write something there are about 6 new pages 😂
Having the toddler off nursery, while my partner is working 6 days a week, and baby tree is in full destruction mode is slowly killing me off. Every time I look over he is somewhere different, drinking his sisters juice, eating houseplants, riding around on top of our robot Hoover 😂This morning I found him with his hands down the toilet 🤢. He is doing a fantastic job of making me feel like a bad mother.

ETA happy birthday @jackolantern! Hope your crevices are sick free today!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Happy birthday @jackolantern !!!
The past few pages have had some spitting my brew out.
tommy the little pimp… I would offer little pidge up, but I think her skids would put any fella off 😂😭

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Glam-ma has out done herself today. After months of dealing with bridezilla for her upcoming wedding… I’ve discovered via Facebook that she ran away to Gretna Green and got married earlier in the week
Oh Glam-ma 🤣🙈🙈🙈 what an absolute nut job she is!
And I like that you found out via Facebook, that just is the cherry on top.

Reactions: 2
All the toys in the world and my child is running around with a bird toy, that we just HAD to take and carry round the shops too 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

me doing an @I’mThankyou_ and emailing sainsburys to complain that there were no twin trolleys to be found in my local shop this morning

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Promise I'll stop banging on about it soon, but in the comments of the photo of Baby C she posted on FB last night, my mum has written "I didn't realise how wonderful being a grandmother would be". Errrr your life has changed exactly 0%. 😡

On another note, adding Baby C into the ballot to have @I'mThankyou_ as his MIL! He has the most handsome smile. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Promise I'll stop banging on about it soon, but in the comments of the photo of Baby C she posted on FB last night, my mum has written "I didn't realise how wonderful being a grandmother would be". Errrr your life has changed exactly 0%. 😡

On another note, adding Baby C into the ballot to have @I'mThankyou_ as his MIL! He has the most handsome smile. 😂
I think I'm gonna need some more babies aren't i😂

Ps. Your mum is a knobwaffle 🖕🏻

I need @Definitelyme to become one of my children's MILS tbh, maybe they'll move to NI and wear balaclavas all day😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Look if Tommy has to cut a bish to fight for T2 he will, I ain’t raised no quitter 😤🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Erm can I hire baby cj to give baby waka classes on how to be gentle to animals as she corners the cat then hits the air right in front of him multiple times a day 🫠🫠
Of course she takes payment in the form of strawberry wafers and has started squealing loudly 😵💫

ETA bloody predictive text

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We need a name for tit grandparents
Narcissists?! 😂

Oh Glam-ma 🤣🙈🙈🙈 what an absolute nut job she is!
And I like that you found out via Facebook, that just is the cherry on top.
I am stupidly really pissed off about it. I wanted to elope, and when I was engaged she told me she’d never speak to me again if we did. So we had a proper wedding. So for her now to elope and then to find out via Facebook takes the real biscuit! It must have been quite planned as she’s got professional hair, makeup and flowers in the photo. I think I’m just cross she lied? I dunno. I have a lot of feelings about it and I’m not quite sure how to express those yet

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.