New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carseats are absolutely fine on the front seat so long as the airbag is turned off, absolutely correct 😊
It's the same as if your driving alone in the car it's recommended for baby to be in the passenger seat with airbag off so you can see them at all times
Oh really thank you!! I thought it was an absolute no go! Makes me feel better I was nervous about the idea… the OH was right for a change 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Man I was going to bid on Tommy, I think this spirited child needs an equally spirited husband!
Put me down for next in line 😂 happy birthday @jackolantern!

Oh really thank you!! I thought it was an absolute no go! Makes me feel better I was nervous about the idea… the OH was right for a change 🤣🤣🤣
There are a few car seat safety FB groups which might put your mind at rest too, I’ve found them helpful anyway as I had noooo clue about car seats!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Another question from me sorry 🤣!!

My partners only transport is his ford transit. He seems to think we can put a car seat in there (he said he’s had his other kids in vans before, they’re teenager left now so unsure of the age he actually let them sit in the van)

Surely this isn’t right? A car seat shouldn’t be in the front for a newborn? But we’re disagreeing on it, I’ve looked online a few people say they’ve done the same and turned off the airbag but I just don’t think this is right or legal surely?
Baby Waka is always in the ford transit 😊 rear facing and airbags off

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tommy when he brings his first partner home only to find out he’s been betrothed to multiple other people across the country: 😦

(Tommy’s first partner when they come over and realise his parents own an axe: 😦 )

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Tommy when he brings his first partner home only to find out he’s been betrothed to multiple other people across the country: 😦

(Tommy’s first partner when they come over and realise his parents own an axe: 😦 )

‘My mum said your mum said you owe me a date’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
i honestly give up with this child’s sleep, I just cannot any more 😩 fighting naps, bedtime, still waking up one million times at night! 😭

I think she is about to drop to 1 nap some days. Those who have gone through this, what age were they? Baby b is 11.5 months, I thought we had a bit longer on 2…

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
i honestly give up with this child’s sleep, I just cannot any more 😩 fighting naps, bedtime, still waking up one million times at night! 😭

I think she is about to drop to 1 nap some days. Those who have gone through this, what age were they? Baby b is 11.5 months, I thought we had a bit longer on 2…
Every baby is different. Everleigh has only just dropped down to 1 nap but can still have 2 sometimes and she's 16 months. Although her naps have never been more than 40 minutes. That's a good nap.
Where as my 2nd, stopped naps completely by age 1

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

God, sounds horrible. I don’t know how you mum’s of low sleep need babies cope!
My toddler was 1, I think it was a couple of days after his birthday. I don’t think the baby is anywhere near ready for only one nap. Hopefully moving her down to one nap will help with overnight sleep 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you so much all! ❤ It's not even that I wanted something fancy for my birthday, but just anything at all would've been nice 🙃🤷‍♀️
He understands though and wants to do better. So yeah 🤞

Kitten still has fluid in her middle ears, but it's clear, so not infected. Have to give her some medication now for the next 7 days. And then in 4 weeks we have a check up (unless she gets another ear infection sooner). If she still has fluid by then, they'll probably put those tiny tubes in her eardrums. But I'd much rather have that then fluid in her ears all the time.
Kitten did however inherit both MrCat's and my teeny tiny ears/ear canals, so putting tubes could be quite a challenge 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Every baby is different. Everleigh has only just dropped down to 1 nap but can still have 2 sometimes and she's 16 months.
Where as my 2nd, stopped naps completely by age 1
Omg no naps at all 💀 if she did that I’d at least hope for an uninterrupted night!

Reactions: 2

She dropped to 1 nap at about 10 months, but tbh most days is no nap (or 20 minutes nap) then she wakes up eleventy billion times overnight, presumably because she’s overtired but won’t nap more 🤷🏼‍♀️ No advice, just solidarity!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Sounds like a really tough few weeks for you. You’ve had so much going on, it’s no wonder you aren’t feeling great. Did your hormones settle at all? Or do you think that could still be part of it?
I'm not sure. I think it's mainly exhaustion and general life is being a bleep 😅
I started taking the pill again last week and my pimples are clearing up, which is great and I do feel more stable in a way.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I caved in and bought just chill mamas sleep course. Do you want me to outline the routine? Baby waka responded to it first day and sleeps up to 2 hours at mid day and 11.5 hours at night 7-6:30ish now
ETA she’s 11 months and 2 weeks!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Live scenes when I gift him all his Tattle wives for his 18th

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Talking of sleep since starting nursery this week she wakes around 5-5.30am I am knackered!!!!! It’s only me in the mornings, then work and it’s only me in the evening. I’ve not even been having dinner this week because I can’t be arsed. I hope she settles soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I caved in and bought just chill mamas sleep course. Do you want me to outline the routine? Baby waka responded to it first day and sleeps up to 2 hours at mid day and 11.5 hours at night 7-6:30ish now
ETA she’s 11 months and 2 weeks!
Omg, can you give a bare bones outline? I literally cried the other night because I just don’t think she should be waking up 6/7 times at 13 months when she isn’t napping either

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg, can you give a bare bones outline? I literally cried the other night because I just don’t think she should be waking up 6/7 times at 13 months when she isn’t napping either
Wake between 6:30-7:00
Breakfast 7am
Milk/snack 8am
No nap before 9am.
Nap 9:00 if woke closer to 6:30 but try to get to 9:15-9:30. Wake no later than 10am. (This nap shortens until it’s gone)
Snack 10am
Lunch 11:45
If no morning nap, nap 12:15
Morning nap- nap at 12:30-12:45
Snack 2
Dinner 5
She says bath 6:15, milk 6:45 (I swap these two)
Bed 7pm

settling method is firm hand on chest to replicate hug and x3 ‘sssh’ & leave room. If unsettled set a timer and return at your set time (this can stay the same or extend, it’s what you feel comfortable with). If they wake at night, repeat settling method. All naps and bedtimes start with same routine, nappy, sleep bag, book then down (I have dummy and a cuddle. She has started to push me away now as she knows she’s ready to sleep). Yesterday she chilled in the cot for 25 mins by herself which she never does. She still wakes bang on 4am every night but goes back down with a kiss and dummy whereas before she would cry until she got in the bed, even if I rocked her and laid her down asleep. She had no ability to relax and was playing until 9pm each night.
I think that’s everything! It’s a 10-18 month routine

ETA being in the room can over stimulate some babies but there is also a suggested method of staying in and moving back a distance each time, think @Lulu Goss did this. Laying them down if they’re standing can turn into a game so if the timer went and she was standing I wanted until she was down again to resettle her.

(My own opinion) I kept the book the Same for the first few days for comfort so she knew what to expect. then I introduced a new one. I now have 3 on rotation in the bedroom and she can choose which one she wants and I know she’s getting older and will want some control over some things so this gives her some power back

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Don’t ask me how but just squirted myself in the face with fresh from the boob breast milk.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Glam-ma has out done herself today. After months of dealing with bridezilla for her upcoming wedding… I’ve discovered via Facebook that she ran away to Gretna Green and got married earlier in the week

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.