New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy birthday @jackolantern 🥳❤

@Definitelyme thank you for checking in!
We went to Germany for a couple of days. Bit mixed feelings. It was great to be somewhere else, but KW worked a bit/did some virtual meetings, which pissed me off.
I had told him so often leading up to our holiday I was looking forward to spending time with the three of us, but also the two of us while Kitten slept. I know he's not feeling great because of a number of reasons (work, his dad passing, etc). We're both sleep deprived and a bit down/depressed, so it's taking a toll on us as a couple. It was my birthday about 6 or 7 weeks ago and he still didn't get me anything. Sounds silly, but makes me feel crappy. I feel like he's just taking me for granted and he's not motivated to do anything at all. It's like he's checked out.
I'm sure we'll get through this, but it's really hard atm. Some days I just want to pack up and leave, but he's great with Kitten and I do still love him.

Kitten also keeps grabbing her ears, so going to an ENT today. She's had 2 ear infections in June and it looks like they're still lingering on now. Had hoped it would've cleared up now with nursery being closed, but it's been 2,5 weeks now and she still seems to have some issues with her ears :(

Sorry for the word vomit...
Feeling a bit down lately :(

Oh, and Kitten (and KW) slept pretty well on holiday, but I slept horribly. One night I spent over an hour panicking, thinking someone was going to come and kidnap Kitten. I walked around the appartment to check if anyone was there, went to check on Kitten, absolutely positive I was going to find an empty crib. Why do our brains do this? 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 20

We went to Germany for a couple of days. Bit mixed feelings. It was great to be somewhere else, but KW worked a bit/did some virtual meetings, which pissed me off.
I had told him so often leading up to our holiday I was looking forward to spending time with the three of us, but also the two of us while Kitten slept. I know he's not feeling great because of a number of reasons (work, his dad passing, etc). We're both sleep deprived and a bit down/depressed, so it's taking a toll on us as a couple. It was my birthday about 6 or 7 weeks ago and he still didn't get me anything. Sounds silly, but makes me feel crappy. I feel like he's just taking me for granted and he's not motivated to do anything at all. It's like he's checked out.
I'm sure we'll get through this, but it's really hard atm. Some days I just want to pack up and leave, but he's great with Kitten and I do still love him.

Kitten also keeps grabbing her ears, so going to an ENT today. She's had 2 ear infections in June and it looks like they're still lingering on now. Had hoped it would've cleared up now with nursery being closed, but it's been 2,5 weeks now and she still seems to have some issues with her ears :(

Oh, and Kitten (and KW) slept pretty well on holiday, but I slept horribly. One night I spent over an hour panicking, thinking someone was going to come and kidnap Kitten. I walked around the appartment to check if anyone was there, went to check on Kitten, absolutely positive I was going to find an empty crib. Why do our brains do this? 🙃
I'm sorry you're having such a time of it recently! Hopefully things will start to pick up in the coming weeks!
Take his credit card and buy yourself something you wouldn't normally to compensate the lack of a present!❤
Ps always word vomit away, better put than in.

Re Kittens ears, is it worth asking your ENT to check for Glue Ear? I was an awful baby/toddler/child with my ears and was forever having ear infections, ear aches etc,
Could be worth a mention for them to keep an eye on as she grows, especially if you notice the recurrent infections affecting her hearing and speech!
Hopefully its just one of those things and she grows out of it and builds up a tolerance to ear infections

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Sounds like a really tough few weeks for you. You’ve had so much going on, it’s no wonder you aren’t feeling great. Did your hormones settle at all? Or do you think that could still be part of it?
🤬 there is no excuse for not getting you a birthday present, that is just mean. Especially since it’s been his birthday since then and you got him something!
Hopefully kitten will be feeling better soon after seeing the ENT. Some kids do seem to be very prone to ear infections 😩

tit hun shall I send the axe wielder for backup? We’ll bring @I’mThankyou_ ‘s twin 2 and we’ll have you sorted in no time 🤣
No no, that’s me in the balaclava 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I mean if we’re talking grandparents … my kids are blessed with Glam-ma and Grandparent 🤦🏼‍♀️🤪 who despite neither of them having a job both said they wouldn’t have Toddler Runner while I was in labour so my husband stayed with her while I gave birth alone

Happy birthday @jackolantern I hope no one vomits in your mouth today

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Sending you lots of love.
Sorry you’ve had such a hard time lately x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Do we have the same kid? Currently nap trapped and KW is sound asleep. Mine’s been up since 14, it’s now 21:15 in NL and she’s 4 weeks today. She’s so tired but isn’t sleeping in the afternoons and early evenings.
So … she finally fell asleep around 10pm, slept until 2:30 am for a feeding, then slept 3:30 to 7:45ish am for another feeding. She’s 4 weeks (from birth not by date) and is sleeping much longer stretches now. All of a sudden it seems she changed from night / day confusion. I’m also convinced she has FOMO and won’t fall asleep if I’m on my phone and she can see it from our next to me sleeper

Her new pattern seems to be up all afternoon and then asleep by 10pm.
We are at 8 am and again at 10 am and played and did her Torticollis exercises in between. She’s now asleep on my chest.

she’s really good about sleeping in her
Crib downstairs so we’ve always just put her in there when she’s drowsy and she sleeps so I never really have had her fall asleep on me or get a lot of long cuddles. She’s so content on my chest now that I don’t want to move her, and her forehead is just in kissing reach.

Reactions: 4
I mean if we’re talking grandparents … my kids are blessed with Glam-ma and Grandparent 🤦🏼‍♀️🤪 who despite neither of them having a job both said they wouldn’t have Toddler Runner while I was in labour so my husband stayed with her while I gave birth alone

Happy birthday @jackolantern I hope no one vomits in your mouth today
Ok I think you might win the tit grandparents prize, that's horrible! Although there is done stiff competition, honestly what is wrong with all these grandparents?!

Also I basically got no sleep last night because for some reason baby decided he didn't fancy sleeping so that was fun! Slightly concerned I'm going to fall asleep driving on the motorway later 😴😴😴 lots of coffee today I think.

Reactions: 2
Trying to figure out how you can dislike Northern Ireland...
I know like everywhere it has its downsides, but it's an absolutely beautiful country!

SOLD to the Cumbrian Pumpkin
I think Tommy & Twin 2 would be the perfect match tbh Lantern.😂

Happy birthday BTW!! 🎂
Man I was going to bid on Tommy, I think this spirited child needs an equally spirited husband!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If you experienced issues with your pelvic floor post birth (I had a c section), how soon after birth did they start?

• Heart
Another question from me sorry 🤣!!

My partners only transport is his ford transit. He seems to think we can put a car seat in there (he said he’s had his other kids in vans before, they’re teenager left now so unsure of the age he actually let them sit in the van)

Surely this isn’t right? A car seat shouldn’t be in the front for a newborn? But we’re disagreeing on it, I’ve looked online a few people say they’ve done the same and turned off the airbag but I just don’t think this is right or legal surely?

Another question from me sorry 🤣!!

My partners only transport is his ford transit. He seems to think we can put a car seat in there (he said he’s had his other kids in vans before, they’re teenager left now so unsure of the age he actually let them sit in the van)

Surely this isn’t right? A car seat shouldn’t be in the front for a newborn? But we’re disagreeing on it, I’ve looked online a few people say they’ve done the same and turned off the airbag but I just don’t think this is right or legal surely?
Carseats are absolutely fine on the front seat so long as the airbag is turned off, absolutely correct 😊
It's the same as if your driving alone in the car it's recommended for baby to be in the passenger seat with airbag off so you can see them at all times

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.