New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a dream we all went on a Tattle coach trip. How weird that your brain can make up you think people look like 🤪 Can’t remember much but the weird head thing from the knight bus in Harry Potter was the driver (see picture) and there was also an aquarium on the bus in which we could put the babies.

In case you can’t tell I had cheese with my dinner.

4B889A10-D90A-4F09-87EE-F80D8B349440.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Had a dream we all went on a Tattle coach trip. How weird that your brain can make up you think people look like 🤪 Can’t remember much but the weird head thing from the knight bus in Harry Potter was the driver (see picture) and there was also an aquarium on the bus in which we could put the babies.

In case you can’t tell I had cheese with my dinner.

View attachment 1470576
😂😂😂

You’ve just broken my dream!!! I had a dream all our babies were auditioning for Annie,… I haven’t seen that film since I was about 6.
clearly we were getting the bus to the auditions 🥴😂
I didn’t have cheese but I read page 1 on this new thread and passed out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What was even more hilarious was that she posted a Facebook status at 9pm on his birthday (after clearly just remembering!) wishing him happy birthday (because a 1 year old will truly appreciate that) BUT SPELT HIS NAME WRONG.

I just get upset because I think how can any one of his grandparents actually love them. They can’t. They’ve never met him. Or met him for 4 hours at 7 months old.

Other than that, toddler (!) moimoi is absolutely thriving and driving me mad running and crashing into everything. We’ve got our first proper scraped knee! We’ve been thinking about maybe putting him into nursery (£95 per day… London) for a couple days a week just to have bit of a break but I feel bad especially as I’m not working atm. We also need to be out of our place next month but dont have anywhere yet so trying not to break down 🙃 I hope you and your brood (and everyone else!) are all ok.
I think if you have no help to ever get five minutes break, then utilising nursery is absolutely the way to go. My SIL lives nowhere near any grandparents and her eldest has gone to daycare for two days a week since he turned one, and she is a SAHM. She uses the time for stuff like the shopping that isn’t fun with kids, and to have the small break she doesn’t otherwise get.
£95 per day though 😨😨😨😨
But I say go for it, don’t feel guilty. You are always a better mum when we’ll rested and in a good headspace x

Not as bad as some of you guys (there's some shocking behaviour mentioned on here!) but my parents are also tit grandparents.
They live a long way away and are obviously jealous of the fact that we live close to my in-laws but like put some effort in then?!
They visit maybe twice a year, and only in certain months of the year so we go for like at least 7-8 months without seeing them because of this. When they do visit they won't take the toddler or so anything with her without us being in the same room so they're no help. Like just play with her in the garden or walk along the street, it's not hard!

They are both retired and yet can't find time for a video call at a time that works for us, the only times they suggest are midday or 6-7pm which is lunchtime and dinnertime into bedtime and they're totally inflexible on that despite having nothing to do with their time.

Despite me telling them about a million times they don't change their top between smoking and trying to hold the baby so I have to take him off them and they get funny about it.

And my mum does the same as above crying down the phone that she never sees them and moaning if I haven't sent her any pictures for a few days.

Wow that was a rant! Doesn't help that I've had no sleep yet as for some reason baby is super unsettled and KW is being as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.
My in laws also live far away, both retired, can fly to New Zealand and stay with my SIL for two months, but can’t come to us for more than 3 days twice a year because they don’t like Northern Ireland 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 Makes me so mad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I have two daughters, they can marry two tattle sons. The boy can marry a tattle daughter, I will be the best MIL to the tattle children. come forth my children 😂
I have cake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve got a next to me crib I keep my 3 week d son in on a night, we usually keep him in Moses basket for downstairs

He sleeps fine in the crib but he tends to roll on his side alllll the time, I turn him on his back when I’m awake and notice but obviously during the night when we’re both asleep he turns back. I’ve even found he’s done a complete turn and he’s done like a 90 degree angle 📐 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m absolutely scared when he does this as I know it can cause SIDS or so they say!

Does anyone have any advice?? Or is he fine as long as I’m putting him down on his back and he rolls himself? He’s not only a month yet so I. Didn’t know if just to stick with Moses basket for day and night for now ?? Ant advice would be useful!
As long as you're putting him down on his back.
A lot of babies tend to lean/turn to one side when they're young 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have two daughters, they can marry two tattle sons. The boy can marry a tattle daughter, I will be the best MIL to the tattle children. come forth my children 😂
I have cake.
I'm putting an early bid in for Tommy, pretend you didn't hear everything you've learned about him :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My in laws also live far away, both retired, can fly to New Zealand and stay with my SIL for two months, but can’t come to us for more than 3 days twice a year because they don’t like Northern Ireland 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻 Makes me so mad.
Trying to figure out how you can dislike Northern Ireland...
I know like everywhere it has its downsides, but it's an absolutely beautiful country!

I'm putting an early bid in for Tommy, pretend you didn't hear everything you've learned about him :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
SOLD to the Cumbrian Pumpkin
I think Tommy & Twin 2 would be the perfect match tbh Lantern.😂

Happy birthday BTW!! 🎂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Thank you! Well, I'm atleast one of those things 💀 :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1470824
Happy birthday chum! Can’t wait to hear what surprises Tommy has in store for you on your special day 🙈

I actually just snorted at this.
Lord above!
You've probably got more chance of that in England at the moment🤦🏻‍♀️
I mean obvs we have had our fair share of trouble here over the years 😬 but you’d think we lived in an active war zone the way they get on. Also we live in the country, a million miles from everywhere. More likely to get rammed by a cow than bombed, even at the height of the troubles 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I mean obvs we have had our fair share of trouble here over the years 😬 but you’d think we lived in an active war zone the way they get on. Also we live in the country, a million miles from everywhere. More likely to get rammed by a cow than bombed, even at the height of the troubles 🤣
I mean I can't see you living in the Northern Ireland equivalent of MossSide, I'd imagine where you're based is probably slightly rural?!
People baffle me😂
Get on a plane, have a Guinness and spend 3 weeks soaking up some culture man!

Happy Birthday @jackolantern ! If your partner gets you even half as unusual presents as you get him, I’m very intrigued to know what today brings you 🤣

• Haha
I mean I can't see you living in the Northern Ireland equivalent of MossSide, I'd imagine where you're based is probably slightly rural?!
People baffle me😂
Get on a plane, have a Guinness and spend 3 weeks soaking up some culture man!
An actual pic of me walking the kids to school

72AE24AF-A2DE-4CDF-BCBE-C7D4FBBA6BC0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.