New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just given tommy his morning feed and he was making such an arse of it but I kept up because he wanted it. He projectile vomited the entire thing which he’s never done before and had the biggest, most explosive poo he’s had yet. Does this sound like a bug or maybe just overfull and needed a poo? I haven’t fed him more than usual but it has been a while since he went.

Since using fresh expressed milk instead of fridged he went from 7-8 poos to 2-3 day, then after cutting out dairy to one every 3-4 days(!) and I can’t tell if that’s good or not 🧐 so it tends to be that he has a bigger one (usually while having his morning bottle) and sounds struggley drinking (till hes had a poo clear out then he’s ok) but he’s never actually vomited the milk too ☹

It still smells like actual death too even without the dairy 🥵 his guts just seem so angry all the time no matter what I do 😭

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Its 5yo rearranged belated birthday party at soft play today, please send prayers 🙏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Just given tommy his morning feed and he was making such an arse of it but I kept up because he wanted it. He projectile vomited the entire thing which he’s never done before and had the biggest, most explosive poo he’s had yet. Does this sound like a bug or maybe just overfull and needed a poo? I haven’t fed him more than usual but it has been a while since he went.

Since using fresh expressed milk instead of fridged he went from 7-8 poos to 2-3 day, then after cutting out dairy to one every 3-4 days(!) and I can’t tell if that’s good or not 🧐 so it tends to be that he has a bigger one (usually while having his morning bottle) and sounds struggley drinking (till hes had a poo clear out then he’s ok) but he’s never actually vomited the milk too ☹

It still smells like actual death too even without the dairy 🥵 his guts just seem so angry all the time no matter what I do 😭
Do you take any probiotics?Or are baby probiotics a thing? May help to give his gut a reset if things are dodgy in there.
May just be bad luck with the poo and the vomit all at once. If he’s sick again you’ll know it’s a bug though.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

He could be full, or just having a sicky day! Sometimes I wonder if it’s us like having OJ or things that are high acidity… it baffles me!

I very rarely give freshly expressed anymore but mainly out the fridge and she’s poops around 2x a day, but it’s gone up 10 fold since teething and duck me, it’s not great today! 😂but I’ve not noticed a difference in poops between fresh and fridge.

See how he gets on today, but try not to worry. I know when babies are sick, it looks a lot more than it is sometimes. But if he’s ok, no temp etc. don’t worry ❤

Formula mommas - what’s the rules with premade bottles? Can I put them in the fridge?
Also is there a trick on saving money on formula? It doesn’t seem to last long and buying one at a time is a pain in the arse!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
He could be full, or just having a sicky day! Sometimes I wonder if it’s us like having OJ or things that are high acidity… it baffles me!

I very rarely give freshly expressed anymore but mainly out the fridge and she’s poops around 2x a day, but it’s gone up 10 fold since teething and duck me, it’s not great today! 😂but I’ve not noticed a difference in poops between fresh and fridge.

See how he gets on today, but try not to worry. I know when babies are sick, it looks a lot more than it is sometimes. But if he’s ok, no temp etc. don’t worry ❤

Formula mommas - what’s the rules with premade bottles? Can I put them in the fridge?
Also is there a trick on saving money on formula? It doesn’t seem to last long and buying one at a time is a pain in the arse!!
Unfortunately no trick to saving money as they're not allowed to discount formula.

Pre made bottles as in ones you've made up yourself?
If so, you make them, cool them and then they can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours 😊

• Heart

I’ve always formula fed and always premade and they keep in the fridge 24 hours. So you should be fine ☺ If you’re out & about they last 4 hours in a bottle bag.

• Heart
😂😂 I went through a phase during the mega sleep deprived new born days where I would call Baby Cupcake a name which is absolutely nothing like his own, not a name that we had considered and we don’t know anybody with this name 🤷‍♀️
We call baby Waka Dave 😂

Okay it’s happened some of the newborn sleepsuits are too small 😭😭😭 I’m emotional
I have a drawer of 6-9 months which I’m not willing to go through yet. I DO NOT need to put them away just yet!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I bulk buy formula from Amazon - I get a box of 6 for £57. Still the same price as the shops but it means I’ve always got some in the house

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Powder is cheaper than the premade bottles and a tub lasts 4 weeks once opened.

If you make it from powder it can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours according to the NHS website. HVs say not to, but we've always done it and never had an issue. We'd make up 3 or 4 at a time twice a day.

BabyShark is quite dainty I think, she was in her first size clothes from birth until a couple of weeks ago. She’s 3 months and 0-3 are still huge on her 😂

• Heart
Thanks ladies, I’m about to ask more stupid questions, here goes 😂

Unfortunately no trick to saving money as they're not allowed to discount formula.

Pre made bottles as in ones you've made up yourself?
If so, you make them, cool them and then they can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours 😊
she’s only having 10oz a day it’s goes so fast!!! Can’t believe it, it just seems so expensive 👊🏻

Sorry, just realised how stupidly that was worded 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 so if I make them with a nuby cool down flask, can they go in the fridge at that temp or should I leave it longer, and can I reheat them if needed when I get them out of the fridge? Everything online contradicts itself, it’s a minefield!

I’ve always formula fed and always premade and they keep in the fridge 24 hours. So you should be fine ☺ If you’re out & about they last 4 hours in a bottle bag.
I’ll have to get one of these!!! Do you ever take them out cool or warm? and if little cats drank out of the bottle and not had it all, how long do you use it for?

I bulk buy formula from Amazon - I get a box of 6 for £57. Still the same price as the shops but it means I’ve always got some in the house
I was literally just looking on Amazon at the bulk buying! I think I’m going to have to do this, as one box is not lasting me long and it’s stressing me out 😂

I’m also intrigued about keeping the formula in the fridge to take out with you… Do you warm it up or give it baby as it is? I have one of the Tommee Tippee insulated bottle bags.

If I know she will need a feed within 2 hours I’ve been making up a bottle just before I leave and taking it with me, in the bottle bag until she wants it, and then using the premade ones if I’m out any longer. I can’t work out what the best thing to do is.

@ThePidge we are using Aptamil which I found they sell in Costco 3 tins, so I am always stocked up. And I thought once started you had to use the bottle within 2 hours but I could be wrong? 🤯

• Heart
Another small twin mum win - managed a solo Costa trip. Brought them snacks to keep them occupied whilst I had a 🙌🏼Hot🙌🏼 Coffee and cake. They sat all happy in their little high chairs in their element with all the people to nosey at!

also does everyone else’s babies HATE having their face cleaned after they eat? It’s like I’m rubbing acid on their face they scream and squirm so much 😩😅

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.