New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it’s just a nightmare, I’ve convinced my
5yo she only needs to go to the parties where she plays with the child. I’m not buying a present & giving up my Weekend for a kid she never speaks to.
You need to have a word about the phone signal 🤣
It's it bad, I've never bought a present for any party the eldest has attended?
I'll always buy a card, but we've never got a present. My excuse is, I've never thrown him a birthday party as he's a Christmas baby so why should i buy other people's children who I don't really know and to be fair nor does my son a present? I'm a cheap skate🤣
Hes always been invited the following year so I don't even think the parents care, I know I wouldn't who needs more junk in their house?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'll always buy a card, but we've never got a present. My excuse is, I've never thrown him a birthday party as he's a Christmas baby so why should i buy other people's children who I don't really know and to be fair nor does my son a present? I'm a cheap skate🤣
Hes always been invited the following year so I don't even think the parents care, I know I wouldn't who needs more junk in their house?!
I give the child a card from the 5 for a £1 at card factory and I don’t spend more than £6 on the present. I get my daughter to wrap it in normal white drawing paper (the one on a big roll) and she colour it in. I reuse a present bag as I always just rip the name label off.
My child is having one birthday party & that’s it, just so they can repay the gift 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ugh I really cannot with birthday parties, we’ve already had to go to a few and baby isn’t even 1 yet 😑 actually one of the great upsides of having a late summer baby is surely that you won’t have to do the stupid thing of inviting the whole class when they’re at school because it’s during the summer holidays, plus lots of people will be on holiday…

I'm yet to find a changing room I fit in with my double pram. I miss ikea trips it's just not doable with the twins anymore😭
They don’t even have double seated trolleys 💔 I found this out when I recently when I had to juggle pram and basket with all the stuff in it!

Reactions: 1
I would say the sleep from 11-7 is sleeping through, but if they’re going to bed 7-7 and waking at 11 for a feed they’re not sleeping straight through 7-7, but 11-7 is still pretty good going so I’d be proud of that*

* I don’t want to brag but my baby can sleep from 11pm - 11.07pm without waking
7 whole minutes?! TEACH ME YOUR WAYS, I could have a wee, put a wash load on and get a snack in that time 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Omg baby had his 12 week jabs this afternoon and he's not happy at all 😭 he's screaming the place down unless he's on me. Usually I'd get him down for the night around now but I don't think it's going to happen. Send help and wine!

• Heart
  • Sad
They don’t even have double seated trolleys 💔 I found this out when I recently when I had to juggle pram and basket with all the stuff in it!
This is my issue! I tweeted them and they ignored me.
I love a good tweet rant to supermarkets about how inaccessible they are to twin mums🤣
My local Aldi has been trolled hard by me🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Any words of wisdom from anyone who has come out the other side of a nursing strike? I never had this at all with my eldest but since last night baby has often screamed when I offer the boob and has barely fed in comparison to normal and not at all this evening. I'm trying to stay calm as I know it's almost certainly because he's ill and he then had vaccinations today just to top things off but it's really upsetting and I will start to worry if he doesn't have any milk soon even though so far he's had plenty of wet nappies.

• Heart
  • Sad
Mr G got home from work and sodded off 5 mins later to go out and watch football for the evening. He had the cheek to half heartedly say “did you not want me to go? I just wanted to have a nice evening to watch the football that’s all” - could have throttled him because Baby G has been miserable today because of her teething, barely let me put her down all day and I’m exhausted. I haven’t even had time to wash my hair today let alone have a nice bleeping evening 🙄🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Ugh. Changing rooms. The one in our Sainsbury's was broken for ages so we had to use the changing table in the ladies, but the layout meant it was very difficult to not set off the hand dryer, which makes baby cucumber scream.

I also get annoyed at the lack of parent and child parking spaces. Our pool/gym had 4 and they are always full and the normal bays are tiny. Not fun when negotiating baby and float and kit. It also has a dozen disabled bays, of which I've only ever seen a couple used even when the rest is rammed.

Reactions: 1

Honestly we had a party with 15 kids for our eldest on the weekend and I wish no one had bought presents for her!! 🤣now we have a house full of tit (as if it wasn't full enough already!) And she literally forgotten about all of it 2 days later!

I have put a fiver in a card for a few of the parties because I couldn't be bothered to go to the shop just to get a present 🤣

• Haha
I’ve got to that point in the summer holidays where I’m done. 2 weeks in.
I’ve been on the phone to the broadband company all morning, trying to work, look after 4 (3) kids, I’ve had what feels like 20 tradesmen in the house since yesterday as the previous tenants left it in such a state and this baby does NOT stop crying for me. He’s literally attached. I can’t eat, piss, drink, whatever without him screaming unless he’s asleep. I’ve barely seen Mr B as he’s been sorting the old hold and working.

I just want to cry and eat all the chocolate

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Talking of changing rooms, I took baby G to a pub recently when I went up to visit work friends. Asked if they had baby changing and the barman said no, but in the disabled toilet the window sill is really wide so I could change her on that. Riiiight, thought I’d give it a go. Went in, window sill was basically the same height as my shoulders and definitely not wide enough to lay a baby on 😂

• Haha
Talking of changing rooms, I took baby G to a pub recently when I went up to visit work friends. Asked if they had baby changing and the barman said no, but in the disabled toilet the window sill is really wide so I could change her on that. Riiiight, thought I’d give it a go. Went in, window sill was basically the same height as my shoulders and definitely not wide enough to lay a baby on 😂
That is awful. Typical unhelpful man answer. May as well ask the baby to hang from the door frame while you change the nappy😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Any words of wisdom from anyone who has come out the other side of a nursing strike? I never had this at all with my eldest but since last night baby has often screamed when I offer the boob and has barely fed in comparison to normal and not at all this evening. I'm trying to stay calm as I know it's almost certainly because he's ill and he then had vaccinations today just to top things off but it's really upsetting and I will start to worry if he doesn't have any milk soon even though so far he's had plenty of wet nappies.
Me! Mine is bottle fed though but we’ve been though god knows how many bottle strikes!
All I can say is they will take it again. Just watch for signs of dehydration. Keep offering, they don’t starve themselves but my god it’s so stressful 😂💕

I’ve been on the phone to the broadband company all morning, trying to work, look after 4 (3) kids, I’ve had what feels like 20 tradesmen in the house since yesterday as the previous tenants left it in such a state and this baby does NOT stop crying for me. He’s literally attached. I can’t eat, piss, drink, whatever without him screaming unless he’s asleep. I’ve barely seen Mr B as he’s been sorting the old hold and working.

I heard someone in the supermarket car park today say to their kids, when are you back to school 😂😂😂

• Haha
@CrimeJunkie we had all 4 injections in the thighs. Won’t lie, it’s a shitter. Just as they get their breath the next needle goes in and it’s crap. But only for a few minutes. We did have some unsettled days afterwards, but may have been unrelated. And they say that it can affect then 10/11 days later as the mmr (I think) kicks in.
Oh wow it was so brutal, they did 2 in each thigh and she sobbed her little heart out until we got home. She’s been quite unsettled since and has already been up twice crying since going to bed at 7 😥 I know it’s so worth having them done but isn’t it just so heartbreaking when they properly cry!?

@wakametango 2.0 how are you getting on with baby Waka’s sleep? Has playing around with naps/bedtime helped at all?

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Cry and eat as much chocolate as you need to ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@Babyyoda88 so good to hear from you ❤

This baby is something else. As I’m breastfeeding less and less I’ve started wearing nice bras again, todays hasn’t got any padding in, and then I’ve got a thin work blouse on (luckily it’s patterned to avoid any embarrassing moments). Was cuddling her to sleep and she bit my boob right through my blouse and bra and I just don’t understand why that is necessary 😂😭

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.