New baby and post birth advice #27 Hammy clammy crevices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby Bluebird is 3 weeks tomorrow, and I’m 3 weeks post op from my c section. We went on our biggest outing yet and we’re gone for almost 2 hours. We went to have her hearing test done and then to our shopping center for ice cream. I had GD so did t have any ice cream during pregnancy. I couldn’t decide between chocolate and key lime so I ordered both, separately, and it was divine!
We walked the whole time and now I’m exhausted. I was feeling pretty energetic and optimistic about my recovery but I’m definitely not 100% yet.

Also: when can I start drinking coffee again? I don’t want it to interfere with BF.

She was awake and feeding from 6:30 am to about 1:30pm today which is a wide bleeping wake window for a 3 week old. She was sound asleep for her hearing test and out walk, and is still out now. I hope she sleeps like she’s slept the last two nights, almost 2 full stretches of 4-5 hours between feedings.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My husband is working away for a week in august. I am tempted to take the opportunity to book me and the kids a last minute holiday somewhere sunny. Is this insane? It’d be me, Toddler Runner is 3 and baby runner will be 7 months….

Reactions: 11
My husband is working away for a week in august. I am tempted to take the opportunity to book me and the kids a last minute holiday somewhere sunny. Is this insane? It’d be me, Toddler Runner is 3 and baby runner will be 7 months….
It sounds like bliss I won't lie😂
No house work? Get on it!

Sounds perfect!

Baby Bluebird is 3 weeks tomorrow, and I’m 3 weeks post op from my c section. We went on our biggest outing yet and we’re gone for almost 2 hours. We went to have her hearing test done and then to our shopping center for ice cream. I had GD so did t have any ice cream during pregnancy. I couldn’t decide between chocolate and key lime so I ordered both, separately, and it was divine!
We walked the whole time and now I’m exhausted. I was feeling pretty energetic and optimistic about my recovery but I’m definitely not 100% yet.

Also: when can I start drinking coffee again? I don’t want it to interfere with BF.

She was awake and feeding from 6:30 am to about 1:30pm today which is a wide bleeping wake window for a 3 week old. She was sound asleep for her hearing test and out walk, and is still out now. I hope she sleeps like she’s slept the last two nights, almost 2 full stretches of 4-5 hours between feedings.
I found c section recovery happens in fits and starts, you’ll feel great then plateau for a while, then have another spurt to feeling much better.

Reactions: 2
On the struggle bus today. I just feel so tired and drained that I just don’t have to energy to entertain baby o. Luckily she’s pretty happy rolling around on her play mat and just chewing her toys but I feel so guilty for staring mindlessly at my phone while she plays because I just don’t have the brain power to do anything else 🙁
We all get days like that, it is draining. Don’t feel guilty tomorrow will be better x

Reactions: 1
On the struggle bus today. I just feel so tired and drained that I just don’t have to energy to entertain baby o. Luckily she’s pretty happy rolling around on her play mat and just chewing her toys but I feel so guilty for staring mindlessly at my phone while she plays because I just don’t have the brain power to do anything else 🙁
I feel the same today. I feel so stressed out at the moment but I have no energy to do anything. The house is a mess and she’s currently an hour into a nap yet I’ve just been sat on the sofa instead of tidying up. I know she’ll wake up and then I’ll think ffs I should have done it then, but I just cba.

I feel like I have a ridiculously long list of things to sort out/stress about, yet my partner is finishing work then going to watch football tonight without a care in the world 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m joining the struggle bus today. Sending solidarity to others also taking a seat on it!

Mr Author has just been asked to move abroad for 6 months, partly because baby author is easier to move at this age compared to others in his team with school age kids. I’m totally torn about it. On the one hand our current house is too small with a baby and we are struggling to sell in the current market with cost of living, so a move abroad could be a great break from the daily house stress and relieve some of the pressure. Plus it could be a fun little adventure (although it’s not really a city/country that would have ever been on my list to visit let alone live in…) But on the other hand a whole new country is not going to help with the current mat leave loneliness I feel and will be starting from scratch trying to find baby sensory groups and meeting other new mums without even the antenatal group coffee met ups to fall back on. It’s not an option for only Mr Author to goso it’s an all or nothing, and the one certainty is that it would be a boost to his career.

Sorry- it’s not strictly baby related, but it’s going to shape the remainder of my mat leave and I only just feel like I’m getting a weekly routine of different classes and meet ups to start enjoying it more. Thinking about it is using up what little brain power I currently have!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
No one told me how much of my time as a parent would be spent dangling treats in front of the baby, like she’s a dog, trying to get her away from things she shouldn’t be playing with

I’m joining the struggle bus today. Sending solidarity to others also taking a seat on it!

Mr Author has just been asked to move abroad for 6 months, partly because baby author is easier to move at this age compared to others in his team with school age kids. I’m totally torn about it. On the one hand our current house is too small with a baby and we are struggling to sell in the current market with cost of living, so a move abroad could be a great break from the daily house stress and relieve some of the pressure. Plus it could be a fun little adventure (although it’s not really a city/country that would have ever been on my list to visit let alone live in…) But on the other hand a whole new country is not going to help with the current mat leave loneliness I feel and will be starting from scratch trying to find baby sensory groups and meeting other new mums without even the antenatal group coffee met ups to fall back on. It’s not an option for only Mr Author to goso it’s an all or nothing, and the one certainty is that it would be a boost to his career.

Sorry- it’s not strictly baby related, but it’s going to shape the remainder of my mat leave and I only just feel like I’m getting a weekly routine of different classes and meet ups to start enjoying it more. Thinking about it is using up what little brain power I currently have!
I have no advice because that sounds an incredibly tough decision. I think maybe it would be a great experience especially if it’s guaranteed to be 6 months max and it would have long term positive effects, but also sounds like it would be really hard for you in another country with a baby. Xxxx

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Wow that’s a huge decision to make. Is the new country far from where you are now (in case you don’t want to say exactly where)?

It’s very boring but with big decisions I always list the pros and cons. Would it also be an option to visit first before he has to let his company know his decision?

Sorry just realised I’ve given no advice and just asked more questions for you to think about instead 🤦🏻‍♀️

Do it! Could you book somewhere with a kids club which you would take one or both of them…?!

Wow that’s a huge decision to make. Is the new country far from where you are now (in case you don’t want to say exactly where)?

It’s very boring but with big decisions I always list the pros and cons. Would it also be an option to visit first before he has to let his company know his decision?

Sorry just realised I’ve given no advice and just asked more questions for you to think about instead 🤦🏻‍♀️
Its not that far, and I think as part of the ‘relocation package’ we would definitely ask for a number of trips back to the uk to be included to make visits back a bit more doable and affordable (weekend trips would be an option too if a bit stressful/exhausting to do with a baby too often). I don’t think we’d get many visitors going the other way.

A visit beforehand is a really good idea- think it would need to be in the next 2/3weeks if it did happen but I trust Mr Author really to do that without me- one of the first things he said was that he was concerned how tough it would be for me with the baby so feel like he’s got a good grip on the main issue (from my perspective).

Defs time to get making a pros and cons list!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You can drink the same amount of coffee as you could pregnant I think it’s about 200mg a day. I found even one cup made my baby really irritable and uncomfortable. I’ve only just started trying caffeinated coffee again in the last 3 weeks, he’s 17 weeks and seems to be fine now!

@Author123 what a big decision! Sounds like such a great opportunity, but definitely daunting with a new baby. I’m assuming you speak the language of the country? I know from stories of others that often relocating means you can find other expats, and join the little community they have. Obviously not sure if that’s a possibility where you’d be going.

@Author123 what a big decision! Sounds like such a great opportunity, but definitely daunting with a new baby. I’m assuming you speak the language of the country? I know from stories of others that often relocating means you can find other expats, and join the little community they have. Obviously not sure if that’s a possibility where you’d be going.
No, I don’t speak the language (which is obvs a con) but it’s a multilingual place so there wouldn’t (hopefully) be to big a language barrier, but it does make things more difficult. I think there probs is quite large expat community- Google suggests that nearly 40% is expat, so it will just be trying to tap into it… so much to think about!

• Heart
Just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts. What do you class “sleeping through the night” as?
i had a convo with a mum at baby group And she said her 8 month old boy sleeps through the night 7 to 7am. Then in a separate convo she mentioned he still has an 11pm feed.
Now to me sleeping through the night is sleeping without any wake ups. The twins are in asleep in cots from around 630/7 til 5/6am. They both still regularly wake a couple of times for a dummy though (normally straight back to sleep). But I don’t class this as sleeping through? I guess because I’m still being woken and getting broken sleep 🫠.

Reactions: 6
Do it! My husband has a conference at the end of August and I’ve booked for me and the baby to tag along - won’t see him all week but I’m never going to turn down a week of sun and sand!

I had exactly this last year when I was pregnant, sent me for an ultrasound and it’s called ‘accessory breast tissue’ which can happen in pregnancy when your breasts grow, the tissue can move up. It still hasn’t gone now, makes me really self conscious!
I hate it, and you can see it, but they won’t do anything with it 😔 think I’m stuck with it forever!

Just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts. What do you class “sleeping through the night” as?
i had a convo with a mum at baby group And she said her 8 month old boy sleeps through the night 7 to 7am. Then in a separate convo she mentioned he still has an 11pm feed.
Now to me sleeping through the night is sleeping without any wake ups. The twins are in asleep in cots from around 630/7 til 5/6am. They both still regularly wake a couple of times for a dummy though (normally straight back to sleep). But I don’t class this as sleeping through? I guess because I’m still being woken and getting broken sleep 🫠.
Sleeping through the night means exactly that. Sleeping straight through with no wake ups for feeds and no disturbance to anyone else’s sleep.

The good news is it gets easier as they get older. Fewer parties as they tend to only invite a few rather than a whole class shindig, and you can leave them at it and bugger off 🤣
Covid meant my 6yo missed the stage of loads of parties 👌🏻
Same! Although they bloody made up for it the last couple of months! I always drop and run. Unfortunately I couldn’t do it when it came to his own party 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.