New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would simply die I think 🤣 I am pretty strict about our nap routine because having that little bit of peace during the day just makes all the difference. I know my SIL in particular always thought I was really OTT about it, but I give zero shits because I’m taking those naps while I can! How does a 1yo even get through the day without a nap?! I’m 35 and need them 🤣🤣

I love my toddler endlessly, but in the last 6 months she’s been quite something because she NEVER SHUTS UP. She just talks incessantly and the quiet I get when she’s asleep is superb. Allows my ears a bit of a rest and to stop bleeding 🤣
Ha ha maybe we should pair ours up. If I don’t respond to her constant chat even once she’ll say ‘mummy why aren’t you talking? Why are you being quiet?!’

• Haha
Reactions: 3
We started my daughter on kendamil & omeprazol from the Dr this week, I'm really hoping it helps settle her reflux. Her sickness has gotten worse, we're going through several outfit changes a day and shes a lot more unsettled than she was before 😓
Omeprazole can take a while to kick in and them to settle on it; doctors also always put them on a very low dose so may be a little while till you find what she needs based on her weight. My little one has been on omeprazole since 2 months old.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
12 hours straight is the dream. 8 months in here and we had 10 nights of 1 wake up, first tooth cut and been back on 3 a night since!! can't ever see him sleeping through.
I promise he will eventually! My second born only started STTN at 4.5y and we honestly never thought it would happen he was the worst sleeper ever. Now he conks out in minutes and sleeps all night. It’s a miracle! (Now we just have to wait for the almost 3yo and baby to sttn so we should be good to go in about 4 more years 🤣)

Ha ha maybe we should pair ours up. If I don’t respond to her constant chat even once she’ll say ‘mummy why aren’t you talking? Why are you being quiet?!’
No way! If I go “uh huh” she’ll say “TALK PROPERLY MUMMY! Say words!” Well I would, kid, but you’ve used everyone’s daily quota so 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
12 hours straight is the dream. 8 months in here and we had 10 nights of 1 wake up, first tooth cut and been back on 3 a night since!! can't ever see him sleeping through.
. We will be waking up forever more with this one I think. My first was sleeping through by 16 weeks so still waking at almost 7 months has been a shock to the system!

Reactions: 1
I would simply die I think 🤣 I am pretty strict about our nap routine because having that little bit of peace during the day just makes all the difference. I know my SIL in particular always thought I was really OTT about it, but I give zero shits because I’m taking those naps while I can! How does a 1yo even get through the day without a nap?! I’m 35 and need them 🤣🤣

I love my toddler endlessly, but in the last 6 months she’s been quite something because she NEVER SHUTS UP. She just talks incessantly and the quiet I get when she’s asleep is superb. Allows my ears a bit of a rest and to stop bleeding 🤣
My 3 year old does not shut up either. It's constant. 😑
This morning she came in and woke me up with "Do you know what I'm waiting for? Christmas" and then proceeds to sing 'We wish you a merry Christmas' and 'Jingle bells' combined in 1 😑
Within seconds of me waking up🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This morning she came in and woke me up with "Do you know what I'm waiting for? Christmas" and then proceeds to sing 'We wish you a merry Christmas' and 'Jingle bells' combined in 1 😑
I’ve got to say though as annoying as they are there really is something magical about toddlers. I feel mean saying it but I can’t wait foe this baby phase to be over and to have another toddler. They’re so funny!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What a beautiful way to start your day 😵💫😵💫😵💫

Funny, this morning I thought to myself (as I lifted the baby and was sorting him before my eyes were even open the whole way) you literally don’t even get a minute even to wake up as a mother!

I’ve got to say though as annoying as they are there really is something magical about toddlers. I feel mean saying it but I can’t wait foe this baby phase to be over and to have another toddler. They’re so funny!
Totally agree! Toddlers are hilarious! Mine is still in the stage of saying things wrongly, and it’s just so sweet and hilarious 🥰

I do have to agree 😂
She doesn't stop talking and doesn't sit still but she's friggin hilarious 😂

• Haha
We started my daughter on kendamil & omeprazol from the Dr this week, I'm really hoping it helps settle her reflux. Her sickness has gotten worse, we're going through several outfit changes a day and shes a lot more unsettled than she was before 😓
I’ve not read the comments but does she have a dairy allergy? Omeprazole can make matters worse as it stops all acid production and can lead to the body making more of it to compensate. (Google acid dump) Not only that, they can be more susceptible to other illnesses and stomach bugs as there’s no acid to kill it off. Google natphos and speak to Helios (google will give you the number).

I’ve not read the comments but does she have a dairy allergy? Omeprazole can make matters worse as it stops all acid production and can lead to the body making more of it to compensate. (Google acid dump) Not only that, they can be more susceptible to other illnesses and stomach bugs as there’s no acid to kill it off. Google natphos and speak to Helios (google will give you the number).
I mentioned to the gp about a potential dairy allergy but as usual she palmed me off saying it'll be reflux. My son had cmpa and he was projectile sick after every feed and screamed in pain constantly. Her sickness is becoming a lot, she's bringing it up during her feed when she's winding, then after finishing her bottle, to anytime you lay her down or a few hours after her feed she still brings up sick. It's horrible, her throat must be sore from all the sick she brings up. I'll Google it just now and have a read, thank you!

• Heart
  • Sad
Just had the tongue tie lady in to assess my wee one. Basically doesn't think its an issue, which I'm glad about, I think it would've traumatised me more than her to get it snipped 🤣 in fact she thinks it's that thin that when she does go onto solids it might actually snap itself.
So that's me paid nearly £150 to basically be told I'm over reacting 🤣 (she didn't say that, she was absolutely lovely and totally reassured me)

• Heart
How often would you ladies say to bathe an 8 week old? We are currently bathing her every other day rather than daily as she has quite dry skin which I don't want to dry out even more. However her neck folds get rather gunky and smelly quite quickly and there's a slight red rash there (even though she's not really a dribbly or sicky baby?! 😕) so I'm thinking to start bathing her daily instead but would this potentially aggravate her neck more if we are (gently) scrubbing it too much? Any tips for dealing with gunky neck as its so hard to get right into the folds without compromising her head/neck support.

• Heart
How often would you ladies say to bathe an 8 week old? We are currently bathing her every other day rather than daily as she has quite dry skin which I don't want to dry out even more. However her neck folds get rather gunky and smelly quite quickly and there's a slight red rash there (even though she's not really a dribbly or sicky baby?! 😕) so I'm thinking to start bathing her daily instead but would this potentially aggravate her neck more if we are (gently) scrubbing it too much? Any tips for dealing with gunky neck as its so hard to get right into the folds without compromising her head/neck support.
I bathe mine (almost 8wks) everyday and use aveeno which seems to keep any dry skin at bay. Could you just use a flannel to gently wipe her neck folds rather than giving her a full bath? Is anyone able to help you hold her head so you can get into the folds or use a bath support?
ETA: I’m sure the midwife said bathing a few times a week is fine and they don’t need a bath everyday but tbh I find it breaks the evening up a bit and gives us both a little routine for the evening

Twice a week maximum. You could always just wipe round her neck daily with a soft flannel if that’s the main issue.

Just had the tongue tie lady in to assess my wee one. Basically doesn't think its an issue, which I'm glad about, I think it would've traumatised me more than her to get it snipped 🤣 in fact she thinks it's that thin that when she does go onto solids it might actually snap itself.
So that's me paid nearly £150 to basically be told I'm over reacting 🤣 (she didn't say that, she was absolutely lovely and totally reassured me)
Sometimes I think I should train as a breastfeeding consultant, a few clients a month and you’d be minted! So glad her TT isn’t an issue x

• Heart
My 7 month old won’t stop rolling onto her front in her sleep and then screaming about it. I feel like a zombie 😨

• Heart
I bathe mine around twice a week. Maybe 3 times if she's thrown up a lot.
I don't do it too much because it dries out their skin.
I use a baby wipe to clean under her neck and stuff as it's the same where the milk sometimes runs and stuff and then put sudocrem on if it's red. Same happens under her arm pits.

I mentioned to the gp about a potential dairy allergy but as usual she palmed me off saying it'll be reflux. My son had cmpa and he was projectile sick after every feed and screamed in pain constantly. Her sickness is becoming a lot, she's bringing it up during her feed when she's winding, then after finishing her bottle, to anytime you lay her down or a few hours after her feed she still brings up sick. It's horrible, her throat must be sore from all the sick she brings up. I'll Google it just now and have a read, thank you!
I feel like I should have a degree in this area of parenting. DM me if you want to go into more depth as I may take over the thread 😂

• Heart
I bath my daughter every night tbh (with no products) and wash her hair and body 3/4 times a week just depending how sick she's been as I don't want to dry her skin out. I do bath, bottle and bed and it seems to be working for both my kids as I do it at the same time! I usually use a baby wipe and sudecreme when her necks red and it seems to help!

I feel like I should have a degree in this area of parenting. DM me if you want to go into more depth as I may take over the thread 😂
Hahaha thank you so much! It's not giving me an option to DM you 😞

Someone needs to take my debit card off me.....I found this site and I want it ALL

I'm horse mad, and they have leggings with wee foals on them and of course I've had to buy them....and several others 🤣 I'm bloody inundated with clothes for her already 🙄

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.