New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any tips on dealing with my 6 week old's baby acne? It's all across her cheeks but her skin there feels rough and dry, not oily. A bit flaky towards her ears now too as well. I gently clean her face every day with cooled boiled water but not sure what else I could be doing or whether a gentle baby moisturiser or oil would make it worse.
My friend put sudocrem on her babies she had it a bit on her face and it cleared it up but I’d ask a pharmacist or gp first

Any tips on dealing with my 6 week old's baby acne? It's all across her cheeks but her skin there feels rough and dry, not oily. A bit flaky towards her ears now too as well. I gently clean her face every day with cooled boiled water but not sure what else I could be doing or whether a gentle baby moisturiser or oil would make it worse.
Are you breastfeeding? If so rub some breast milk onto the skin.

Other than that I would leave it, my first had it and I tried different creams and never really helped and took ages for it to go, my 2nd daughter had it and I left it and it cleared up in a couple of weeks and she has gorgeous baby skin now.

it’s completely normal because of all the hormones.

Reactions: 3
At least another half centimetre in there 🤣 what a sweetie, I love a white babygro 🥰
hahah when we first put him in it as a newborn it seemed massive! How things can change 😂

oh god same, freshly bathed baby in a white sleepsuit. Aaaaaaaaah amazing 🤩

• Heart
Has anyone else had issues with baby not wanting to settle in Snuzpod?
Thomas will one night sleep fine in it (with a wake up at 2 and then around 5) but then will have nights like last night where he doesn't sleep at all.
Also he seems to be massively sweating on his back when he sleeps.

Reactions: 2
Thomas will one night sleep fine in it (with a wake up at 2 and then around 5) but then will have nights like last night where he doesn't sleep at all.
I think I read on the other thread that the waterproof cover for the mattress can make babies really sweaty, which makes sense I suppose. some people put Muslins/blankets in which have their scent on it to try and settle baby, or warm it with a hot water bottle first (maybe not in This weather!)

We wrecked Ourselves trying to get our eldest to sleep in her crib. We’ve not used one since, we just cosleep, and everyone gets more sleep. But I know it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Baby sleep is so up and down, it can be a nightly guessing game of what will happen. Which is very hard to deal with x

Reactions: 1
I don’t have a Snuzpod (we have a next to me) but yes I’ve found that some nights she’ll settle fine, others she won’t. Same with her Moses basket during the day, sometimes she’ll nap in it, sometimes she won’t. She’s getting a little more consistent now she’s a big girl (well 6 weeks 🤣) but tbh the only thing I’ve really learnt is that every day is different with them. It’s probably not much help, but I think it’s normal newborn behaviour! If he’s sweating maybe check the amount of layers and try reducing one to see if that makes a difference?

View attachment 705278
I think our time may be limited in the snuzpod 🙈😂
mine was like that in her Moses basket near the end 😂 only got about 10 weeks out of it lol, was used to every inch of its life until I couldn’t get her in it anymore lol

I had a next to me but my wee girl wouldn’t sleep in it at all for the first 2 and a half months she’d only sleep in her Moses basket I think she liked it more cause it was more enclosed

Have you got a room thermometer near the crib? The weather where we are is so all over one night its 19 degrees the next 23 by our cot but it's not that noticeable to us.

Pampers are reduced to about half price at Morrisons if anyone wants to stock up x

Aveeno Baby Daily Care! My little one started to get it really bad last week and HV told me to clean with warm water and then put a bit of aveeno on. I can’t believe the difference it made within just a few hours!

Does anyone know what tog the tommee tippee swaddle bags are? (Can't find online, cos it's almost like a t-shirt material it doesn't have a filling)
My room is roasting and thinking a sleepsuit and swaddle bag should be enough? This actually stresses me out 😭🤣

Does anyone know what tog the tommee tippee swaddle bags are? (Can't find online, cos it's almost like a t-shirt material it doesn't have a filling)
My room is roasting and thinking a sleepsuit and swaddle bag should be enough? This actually stresses me out 😭🤣
I think those are 1tog! We have her in a sleepsuit and swaddled in a cellular blanket (but have the fan on). If she feels warm I’ll swaddle her in a muslin instead. Just feel his/her (sorry my memory is atrocious!) chest/back every now and again to check if too hot

• Heart
I think those are 1tog! We have her in a sleepsuit and swaddled in a cellular blanket (but have the fan on). If she feels warm I’ll swaddle her in a muslin instead. Just feel his/her (sorry my memory is atrocious!) chest/back every now and again to check if too hot
Thank you! I'm just so para about her over heating when I'm asleep

I’m exactly the same but found during the heatwave she let me know (loudly!) when she was too hot so im hoping she’d cry or become restless at night which would wake me. I randomly wake up and check her and she never is, so try not to worry!

I was constantly worried about this to we’ve a thermometer on our bedroom wall and our baby monitor tells us the temperature of the room as well and I use this wee chart thing tells you what they should be dressed in according to the temperature of the room I find it really helpful, there’s also a wee app you can download for free on your phone called baby weather which will tell you what your baby should be dressed in for outdoor temperatures

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
18 days PP after episiotomy and forcep delivery..
And did the deed with the mister
I swear felt like the first time I was ever having sex with him again because I was so nervous 😂😂😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5
18 days PP after episiotomy and forcep delivery..
And did the deed with the mister
I swear felt like the first time I was ever having sex with him again because I was so nervous 😂😂😂
Cor, you’re a braver woman than I!!
I’d been saying throughout pregnancy, ‘you can’t have sex for at least 6 weeks after’ to prepare him - when I found out they’d withdrawn that advice I wasn’t in a massive hurry to tell him 🙈😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.