New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I GOT MY FIRST SMILE 😁❤
Ps think I’ll be giving baby classes (except swimming) a miss from some of these stories 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Saw someone I know yesterday, I don’t know her very well but why did she feel the need to say “if you have another baby they will probably be a nightmare if this one is easy”

Thanks for your input, Karen. I’m not even joking, her name is actually Karen 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Saw someone I know yesterday, I don’t know her very well but why did she feel the need to say “if you have another baby they will probably be a nightmare if this one is easy”

Oh my goodness I feel you on this!
why do people feel the need to say it, does it make them feel better?? I might ask what their thought process is next time I’m told this followed by a duck off karen or (insert name) 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Yes, that’s how it works. You get your quota of “good” babies, before you gotta have a bad un 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I constantly got told this. And so far it's been no different 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Jesus, just enquired for swimming lessons at a leisure centre - she said we’ve got availability on Fridays! 6pm! Is she having a laugh? That’ll be a bloody nightmare. Poor kid will fall asleep in the water! I’m on two waiting lists for somewhere else, finding it really hard to find somewhere. If any mums are in the Nottingham area give me a heads up if you know of anywhere 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Jesus, just enquired for swimming lessons at a leisure centre - she said we’ve got availability on Fridays! 6pm! Is she having a laugh? That’ll be a bloody nightmare. Poor kid will fall asleep in the water! I’m on two waiting lists for somewhere else, finding it really hard to find somewhere. If any mums are in the Nottingham area give me a heads up if you know of anywhere 😄
I signed up before baby arrived end of December and only got an email last week about getting a space for December! We are going to do it on a sunday afternoon.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone I am currently in the madness of looking after my just turned 3year old daughter and my 3 month old son! Hope everyone is having a good day! I try to keep up with this thread when I can even though I don't post much. Has anyone gone through the hair loss stage yet ? A few weeks ago my hair started falling out so badly and its still an issue. I know it's down to hormones and all natural but still so scary to see. Just wondering if there are any suggestions of vitamins maybe or something that might help my hair become healthier again?

Hi everyone I am currently in the madness of looking after my just turned 3year old daughter and my 3 month old son! Hope everyone is having a good day! I try to keep up with this thread when I can even though I don't post much. Has anyone gone through the hair loss stage yet ? A few weeks ago my hair started falling out so badly and its still an issue. I know it's down to hormones and all natural but still so scary to see. Just wondering if there are any suggestions of vitamins maybe or something that might help my hair become healthier again?
I have a 3 year old and 3 month old too. Well, nearly 4 month old!

A lot of people recommend body shops ginger shampoo. In my mind it won't work because your hairs bulked up and thickened during pregnancy from hormones and once those hormones have gone, it has to come out 😂

I have a 3 year old and 3 month old too. Well, nearly 4 month old!

A lot of people recommend body shops ginger shampoo. In my mind it won't work because your hairs bulked up and thickened during pregnancy from hormones and once those hormones have gone, it has to come out 😂
It's hard isn't it! I feel so shattered all the time, my daughter will be starting going to nursery in a few weeks with the extra hours she gets from the government and I can't wait for the house to be a bit more peaceful during the day at least.

I might just start taking a well woman type vitamin tbh because my skin has taken a turn for the worst too. I think you're right, hair loss etc will happen post partem not much we can do.

It's hard isn't it! I feel so shattered all the time, my daughter will be starting going to nursery in a few weeks with the extra hours she gets from the government and I can't wait for the house to be a bit more peaceful during the day at least.

I might just start taking a well woman type vitamin tbh because my skin has taken a turn for the worst too. I think you're right, hair loss etc will happen post partem not much we can do.
I have a 6 month old and almost 4 yr old. It’s honestly the hardest thing I’ve done. Nursery is our absolute saviour!
I text my hairdresser about me hair loss and she said there’s nothing she knows of to slow it or stop it.

I use peanut on and off! I've just went on it and a girl from my area (which is rare) has messaged! Just wish I wasn't so awkward 😂

Reactions: 1
I use peanut on and off! I've just went on it and a girl from my area (which is rare) has messaged! Just wish I wasn't so awkward 😂
Is it good? I downloaded it, set up an account and deleted it within about 10 minutes bc I felt so awkward 😬

I've met a mum on peanut and she is really lovely! We have met a few times when the children let us lol. The rest I find are a bit young, I feel I'm an old girl 🤣

Re hair loss: I use the body shop ginger shampoo all the time and I haven’t ever noticed excessive hair loss post partum. I have thick hair and lose loads all the time, definitely not more after having a baby so maybe something in the shampoo working? I dunno!

just back hone after 7.5hrs travel with the 4 kids 😬😬 they were all so good though, and we are home now thank heavens 🙌🏻 They are all full of beans and I’m knackered!

Reactions: 8
Re hair loss: I use the body shop ginger shampoo all the time and I haven’t ever noticed excessive hair loss post partum. I have thick hair and lose loads all the time, definitely not more after having a baby so maybe something in the shampoo working? I dunno!

just back hone after 7.5hrs travel with the 4 kids 😬😬 they were all so good though, and we are home now thank heavens 🙌🏻 They are all full of beans and I’m knackered!
I salute you for doing that with 4 kids! Hope you
Had a lovely time away ☺

I salute you for doing that with 4 kids! Hope you
Had a lovely time away ☺
We did, thank you. We don’t have any choice in the length of travel, unfortunately, as my husband’s parents live so far away. That’s the first time we’ve been to them in a year (covid 🙄) so can’t complain really. We usually go a few times a year, and I think we’ve gotten out of the way of it! Just used to sitting at home 🤣

Is it good? I downloaded it, set up an account and deleted it within about 10 minutes bc I felt so awkward 😬
I quite like it! You can view mum's profiles and wave to them then chat if they wave back, also groups you can join and chat to people (local and not etc!) and ask questions etc. Ive never initiated a conversation tho because I'm too shy 😂

Reactions: 3
Hello all
Gave birth to my first baby last Thursday
He is absolutely perfect but I am struggling mentally, I don't know if its baby blues or my general anxiety
I feel like I'm constantly staring at my baby worrying something will happen
I am constantly checking the breathing monitor we have for him. I'm googling things constantly. I cried today because my partner thought our baby had a problem breathing- he just slightly choked on his saliva - but now I'm shaking and back to just googling things and staring at him
I'm so frightened of finally being happy in life and finally having mt perfect baby that somethings going to take it away

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.