New baby and post birth advice #19 Marching to the beat of our tiny dictators drums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the baby woke up at 11,12,1,3,4,5 and started the day at 5. The toddler woke up at 6 and announced it was time to do craft. I have not had enough sleep to be emotionally strong enough for toddler craft šŸ˜­
Do we have the same baby?! šŸ˜“

I am exhausted and feel for you with a toddler to entertain as well!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My baby put the baby talc in his mouth I washed it out immediately and he seems fine canā€™t get through to my doctors and have looked online but just wondering if this has happened to anybody else 9 months old

My baby put the baby talc in his mouth I washed it out immediately and he seems fine canā€™t get through to my doctors and have looked online but just wondering if this has happened to anybody else 9 months old
I think baby will be fine. Baby tango is putting my (big) earrings in her mouth right now, sheā€™s also had dog food, the dogs beef bone joints and sucked the top of my scabies cream (disclaimer I didnā€™t have scabies I was wrongly diagnosed before you think we are absolute filth šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Iā€™d imagine the saliva in his mouth would have stopped it going any further down, so he shouldnā€™t have taken too much, or really any, in.

BabyMe is always shovelling gravel, stones, sand, and whatever else he can lay his grubby little hands on, in to his mouth.

Reactions: 3
I think baby will be fine. Baby tango is putting my (big) earrings in her mouth right now, sheā€™s also had dog food, the dogs beef bone joints and sucked the top of my scabies cream (disclaimer I didnā€™t have scabies I was wrongly diagnosed before you think we are absolute filth šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚)
Iā€™ve been crying so much feeling like a sh*t mum I was only trying to change his nappy!

Iā€™d imagine the saliva in his mouth would have stopped it going any further down, so he shouldnā€™t have taken too much, or really any, in.
Thankyou šŸ„¹ he seems fine in himself didnā€™t cough or anything I feel like Iā€™ve failed this morning why are we always so hard on ourselves

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Iā€™ve been crying so much feeling like a sh*t mum I was only trying to change his nappy!
Donā€™t feel tit! He will eat much worse than that yet šŸ™ˆ honestly they take any opportunity to stuff the most horrendous things in their mouths. Talc must taste pretty gross though šŸ˜¬

Thankyou šŸ„¹ he seems fine in himself didnā€™t cough or anything I feel like Iā€™ve failed this morning why are we always so hard on ourselves
Nooo it happens!! With the scabies cream she was happily sucking I looked at the label and it didnā€™t say to get medical help if ingested so I just kept an eye on her for a couple of hours and thought sheā€™d be fine!

Itā€™s happened, the creepy toddler years have arrived. Ended up having to cuddle her to sleep in her cot and fell asleep myself, woke up and her face was right up against mine and she was just staring at me šŸ˜­

• Haha
Reactions: 17
As everyone else said I think it's probably fine. The other week hannah ate a fistful of newly fertilised soil šŸ¤£ and she ate a rabbit poo (on more than one occasion, she's so bloody fast getting them in her mouth šŸ¤£) I think she thinks they are maybe Blueberries šŸ¤£

• Haha
Itā€™s happened, the creepy toddler years have arrived. Ended up having to cuddle her to sleep in her cot and fell asleep myself, woke up and her face was right up against mine and she was just staring at me šŸ˜­

Iā€™m getting locks on the bedroom door for this stage šŸ˜¬ šŸ˜†

• Haha
Little cat keeps sticking her tongue out today like bleurgh like itā€™s offending her being in her mouth. What On earth is that all about šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I watched big daddy last night and you know the scene where heā€™s sick and stands at Adam Sandlers bed waiting for him to notice I started laughing and had to explain this thread to my partner šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Apparently I have to have the side of the bed by the door for the toddler years

• Haha
I'm so fed up today and I don't know why.
But I just don't feel like I'm doing enough with the twins in the day.
We're so restricted because of routine, because of the school run I can't just feed and let them nap when ever. They won't nap in the pram and if they do they're disturbed when we get home because the double buggy doesn't fit through the door. I feel so trapped inside the house. I spent the better part of yesterday and today crying when they're asleep. I was always out and about walking with the eldest it was easy, this time it just feels impossible. I won't take them out and feed them outside the house because you just get sympathetic looks of strangers who take pity on you. I don't need pity, I just wish I had a second pair of hands and it wasn't just me 24/7. I'm sorry to be a Debbie downer, Mr TY is no contact atm and I just feel so incredibly lonely.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
We're so restricted because of routine, because of the school run I can't just feed and let them nap when ever. They won't nap in the pram and if they do they're disturbed when we get home because the double buggy doesn't fit through the door. I feel so trapped inside the house. I spent the better part of yesterday and today crying when they're asleep. I was always out and about walking with the eldest it was easy, this time it just feels impossible. I won't take them out and feed them outside the house because you just get sympathetic looks of strangers who take pity on you. I don't need pity, I just wish I had a second pair of hands and it wasn't just me 24/7. I'm sorry to be a Debbie downer, Mr TY is no contact atm and I just feel so incredibly lonely.
Not a Debbie downer, just a touched out mummy. I am so sorry things are so tough. I wonder if in the nicer weather you can get them to sleep in the buggy on a walk and then leave them in it in the front garden when you get home?
I canā€™t imagine how hard it is with two, trying to juggle their needs and your own. You must just be mentally exhausted ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ Much love friend x

• Heart
You donā€™t realise how hard it is getting out and about. Some days I really have to build myself up to going out mentally, and I wonā€™t feed her out. Itā€™s so isolating.
hopefully mr Ty will be able to contact you soon. And weā€™re all always here šŸ’•

Do babies sleep more during a growth spurt? Sheā€™s 6 months and struggling with 90mins wake window šŸ™ˆšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø And she woke up later then normal

Last edited:
  • Heart
Anyone else spend their days arguing with a 4 month old because you tell them not to roll, but they keep doing it, getting stuck and whining?

@Iā€™mThankyou_ I feel you on this, but mine is because work is so manic, Iā€™m donā€™t nothing but the school run. Baby B is in the circle of neglect or suffocating himself because I donā€™t get a minute, toddler is at preschool 3x mornings a day, and when heā€™s here heā€™s wrecking the joint šŸ˜­
I need to work as we have to move, and I have to prove my income. Itā€™s getting all too much and I feel as though I have no life and no one to talk to. I know itā€™s a phase, but itā€™s a tough one

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Have you got an enclosed front garden where you could maybe leave them sleeping and grab a coffee and sit in the sun with them? I know it probably doesnā€™t sound the most productive but you probably could do with a breather. I honestly donā€™t know how you do it with twins, Iā€™ve mentally struggled this week with one! You are incredible ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not a Debbie downer, just a touched out mummy. I am so sorry things are so tough. I wonder if in the nicer weather you can get them to sleep in the buggy on a walk and then leave them in it in the front garden when you get home?
I canā€™t imagine how hard it is with two, trying to juggle their needs and your own. You must just be mentally exhausted ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ā¤ Much love friend x
We have such a tiny little garden out front the pram doesn't fit in the actual garden either šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Life of a tiny terraced house is acešŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
This might sound stupid because my baby is almost 3 months old, but how do you get your baby to sleep? The only ways I can get him to sleep is by feeding him until he falls asleep on the boob, or taking him out in the pram. He will sleep in the pram but when we get back home and I leave him in it, he wakes up within minutes so I just have to keep pushing him. Iā€™ve tried rocking him, swaying around, we even have a Ewan the sheep but heā€™s immune to it. I dont want him to be reliant on my boob to fall asleep, but at the moment itā€™s the only thing that works, I feel like Iā€™ve tried everything else and just wondered if thereā€™s something Iā€™m missing. Iā€™m feeling really touched out and everything aches from having to hold him all day every day, I wish I could just get him to sleep for half an hour so I could Atleast have a shower or get dressed šŸ¤Æ Iā€™ve tried a carrier and we have a baby swing, but he wakes up if I move too much in the carrier, and if he falls asleep in the baby swing he wakes up when I try to move him.

• Heart
This might sound stupid because my baby is almost 3 months old, but how do you get your baby to sleep? The only ways I can get him to sleep is by feeding him until he falls asleep on the boob, or taking him out in the pram. He will sleep in the pram but when we get back home and I leave him in it, he wakes up within minutes so I just have to keep pushing him. Iā€™ve tried rocking him, swaying around, we even have a Ewan the sheep but heā€™s immune to it. I dont want him to be reliant on my boob to fall asleep, but at the moment itā€™s the only thing that works, I feel like Iā€™ve tried everything else and just wondered if thereā€™s something Iā€™m missing. Iā€™m feeling really touched out and everything aches from having to hold him all day every day, I wish I could just get him to sleep for half an hour so I could Atleast have a shower or get dressed šŸ¤Æ Iā€™ve tried a carrier and we have a baby swing, but he wakes up if I move too much in the carrier, and if he falls asleep in the baby swing he wakes up when I try to move him.
I feed my babies to sleep for every night and nap until they are two, then cuddle them. My parents can get the baby (who is now 1 šŸ˜¬) to sleep in the buggy but for my itā€™s all the boob. Can your OH get baby to sleep? If you are worried that you shouldnā€™t be using the boobs as a ā€œsleep aidā€ then please donā€™t! They do learn other ways as they get older.
Have you tried feeding to sleep in the sling? Thatā€™s how we do naps. And feeding to sleep lying down in the bed, then I ninja roll away šŸ„· (more like a whale roll šŸ¤£) and can get a few mins to myself.

We have such a tiny little garden out front the pram doesn't fit in the actual garden either šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Life of a tiny terraced house is acešŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Out on the street then šŸ˜‰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.