New baby and post birth advice #18 Raise a glass (of Cola) to the future Nipple Biting World Champions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We ended up buying a stroller just to go away but with fitting things in, can you put half the chairs down in the back of the car?

I think we're going to have to invest in a roof rack šŸ˜‚
All the kids and partner had bags under their feet this time and we couldn't fit a suitcase in so had to put clothes in bags to fit around everything else in the car. The pram takes up so much space in the boot!
I need to test dropping the seats really, I've only looked at it by eye and assumed we'd struggle as it splits as 2 & 1 and it looked like the carseat would be tight for space on the 1 side. But hopefully it does. The more I think about it the more I don't want to spend any more money, plus I don't think I'm ready for him to be world facing, we still use the bassinet quite a bit!
The pram just takes up so much room. Ours is apparently small boot tested and goes into a Fiat 500. I dread to think how much stressy sweating it takes to load it in, as I have a Golf and it takes up all of that.
I hate being other cars where I can't use the isofix base, but if push comes to shove not using that for hol might make a bit of space too. Easier to pile crap in the footwell then šŸ˜†

Reactions: 1
Imagine if as mums we sat around waiting for instructions all the time too. Poor babies wouldnā€™t be happy šŸ™„
this is what really winds me up, unless I ask Mr T to do something to help me out, he just wonā€™t do it. And most of the time now I canā€™t be bothered to ask him to help, so I do it all. I donā€™t see why I should have to ask him to do basic stuff like change the babies nappy or pick him up when heā€™s crying šŸ¤Æ then he says to me ā€œI donā€™t know how you do it allā€ and Iā€™m just like well I donā€™t really have a choice šŸ˜‚ someone has to keep this baby alive! Yesterday I was talking to his mum and saying how Iā€™d love to have a bath because Iā€™m really achey, and then he was like ā€œyou can have a bath whenever you likeā€. He seemed surprised when I was saying I canā€™t, because I have the baby with me all day and Im lucky to have a 5 minute shower a day. Heā€™s always swanning off and going to watch football, having naps, itā€™s like his life hasnā€™t changed.

Reactions: 3
We ended up buying a stroller just to go away but with fitting things in, can you put half the chairs down in the back of the car?

I think we're going to have to invest in a roof rack šŸ˜‚
All the kids and partner had bags under their feet this time and we couldn't fit a suitcase in so had to put clothes in bags to fit around everything else in the car. The pram takes up so much space in the boot!
Yeah we bit the bullet and got a roof box! It just saves us cramming everything in under the seats and in between us etc. And we donā€™t need to worry about packing light, just bring the kitchen sink šŸ˜‚

re activities to do with baby, if we have a rainy day or whatever I take her swimming. It takes a good two hours to get there, changed, swim, changed back and home again but she loves it, we always meet people to chat to and it kills a few hours!

Although today I put her in the baby jail in the changing rooms whilst I got ready and she did a massive wee through her swim nappy and her costume, whoops šŸ˜¬

Went for a walk. Baby doesnā€™t sleep well in the pram so she had literally 20 mins šŸ™ˆ made the whining even worse when I got back šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ just shoved a bottle down her and fed her to sleep lol. Had a pop at my husband whose had a lovely day in the garage and doing a bit of gardening. Would be so nice to do things I actually want to do. Wouldnā€™t mind but heā€™s away all of next weekend!!! Might as well be a single mum šŸ™„

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just in case anyone is wondering what I do in my spare timeā€¦ making party hats for toy animals is apparently the answer šŸ¤£ this is for the birthday cake this week, my husband looked at me like Iā€™m mental šŸ¤£
B50AD4BB-3A2B-4A3D-A49E-83DF65C2BBD0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Love this! I think we all agree that we need to see the finished cake!
I am not best known for my baking skills, but Iā€™d loved a trier (so they say!) usually I see things on Pinterest and Iā€™m all ā€œyeah thatā€™s great Iā€™ll do that!ā€ And I am absolutely the sort of person who has Pinterest fails that should end up online šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Weā€™ve had two firsts today - she rolled front to back this morning and at lunchtime I tickled her tummy and she laughed. Tried both again so I could film them for Mr O and she just cries like sheā€™s being tortured šŸ™„

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Anyone got a linkanimals? My mum sent us one for Easter. Omg itā€™s sooo annoying with the creepiest singing voice but the babies love it so much and keep smiling at it šŸ˜©

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Anyone got a linkanimals? My mum sent us one for Easter. Omg itā€™s sooo annoying with the creepiest singing voice but the babies love it so much and keep smiling at it šŸ˜©
Yes! We have the sloth and itā€™s so bloody creepy, I have to put it in the wardrobe at night now because I swear itā€™s watching me

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Went for a walk. Baby doesnā€™t sleep well in the pram so she had literally 20 mins šŸ™ˆ made the whining even worse when I got back šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ just shoved a bottle down her and fed her to sleep lol. Had a pop at my husband whose had a lovely day in the garage and doing a bit of gardening. Would be so nice to do things I actually want to do. Wouldnā€™t mind but heā€™s away all of next weekend!!! Might as well be a single mum šŸ™„
I know not everyone likes shopping as much as me but I found mollie is happy being on the wheels in the car seat so I just take her shopping when we have nothing on she usually naps and thereā€™s lots of big shops with cafes inside so we can stop to feed and for me to get a drink. That defo helps keeps my sanity on the winey days with no plans. If you take them through the lighting department itā€™s practically sensory play šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes! We have the sloth and itā€™s so bloody creepy, I have to put it in the wardrobe at night now because I swear itā€™s watching me
Haha we have the good manners panda. Iā€™m desperate to take the batteries out šŸ˜‚

Haha we have the good manners panda. Iā€™m desperate to take the batteries out šŸ˜‚
As much as I find it creepy, she loves it so much I do want to get another one šŸ˜‚ haha wouldnā€™t it be a shame if itā€¦fell out the window šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

• Haha
Reactions: 4
We have almost the whole friggin set šŸ˜‚

The sloths voice is very creepy šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Just in case anyone is wondering what I do in my spare timeā€¦ making party hats for toy animals is apparently the answer šŸ¤£ this is for the birthday cake this week, my husband looked at me like Iā€™m mental šŸ¤£View attachment 1203056
When I was pregnant with baby tango & very hormonal I cried & said I didnā€™t want to be a teacher anymore but start an animal party hat business šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Plot twist I am actually going to hand my notice in after Easter after agreeing to go back šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wow being ill with a baby is HARD. Been vomiting all day and my partner is working till 10pm, had to call my parents. Think I may actually be dying šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.