New baby and post birth advice #18 Raise a glass (of Cola) to the future Nipple Biting World Champions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby o has been coughing and sneezing all weekend, but last night and today I’ve noticed a rattling/wheezy/snotty noise when she’s trying to sleep. Do we think it’s worth getting her checked or am I just overly anxious?
We have that at the moment, I haven’t had her checked over yet bc bank hols and she’s so happy and content apart from her stinking cold that I didn’t think it warranted 111. But if it puts your mind at ease that’s what they’re there for!

Reactions: 1
Yep, that’s exactly what we went through. There was so much up in the air when the baby came, helping me, helping with the baby and helping with the home. I had to reiterate being a dad is more than playing the joker and getting her to laugh. He used the classic line ‘just ask me’ 🤬 I had to remind him that he was an adult and equal parent to the baby, he can’t rely on me to remind him to engage his brain. And before going to football asking did I need anything, had I been to the toilet, had I eaten, did I need ten mins of baby free time. He needed to much guidance 🙄🙄
Literally had the same response from Mr B. Why should I have to ask for you to feed your son? And when I do, you fall asleep so, what’s the point in asking?
I woke up at 9.45 and just chilled. Let him deal with the kids and making bottles.
He asked why I got the hump, and I said we both done the same things on Saturday and Sunday, yet he gets sleep (8 full hours) and I get 5 if I’m lucky. I haven’t had a full 8 hours since before I was pregnant. Over a year. I’m tired. Just because my job isn’t physical, doesn’t mean I do any less

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have a whiney baby. I think she’s bored of my company. I’m running out of ideas, husbands decorating / hiding in the garage. I know it needs doing but he literally does nothing with her and I’m bored too. I don’t know whether she’s hungry tired from silly 30’min naps, teething or just that age where they just whine but it’s frustrating me so bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have a whiney baby. I think she’s bored of my company. I’m running out of ideas, husbands decorating / hiding in the garage. I know it needs doing but he literally does nothing with her and I’m bored too. I don’t know whether she’s hungry tired from silly 30’min naps, teething or just that age where they just whine but it’s frustrating me so bad.
Honestly, get out for a walk! There’s times when I thought it was impossible but throw on anything, even if they’re dirty and get some air for you both. Sit on a bench, people watch, sit her on some grass, it will distract her if nothing else x

Literally had the same response from Mr B. Why should I have to ask for you to feed your son? And when I do, you fall asleep so, what’s the point in asking?
I woke up at 9.45 and just chilled. Let him deal with the kids and making bottles.
He asked why I got the hump, and I said we both done the same things on Saturday and Sunday, yet he gets sleep (8 full hours) and I get 5 if I’m lucky. I haven’t had a full 8 hours since before I was pregnant. Over a year. I’m tired. Just because my job isn’t physical, doesn’t mean I do any less
Exactly, I explained that yes I’m default parent but when we’re both home it’s 50/50, she has two parents!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I dont know if it will help, but me & Mr TY separated after we had the eldest. He was only around 5 months old. He was an amazing dad, but he was selfish too. Obviously now we've found our way back, but for 3 years it was just me & the eldest aside from when he went to his dad's. Within about 6 weeks of me telling him to go he realised just what I did and why I was "nagging" him.
Not saying you need to do the same, but sometimes I think they need the reality to set in that oh tit if something doesn't change she will. If that makes sense?
Yeah it totally does. My partner says I’m nagging/moaning/going on about stuff but like, it’s because it needs doing and why should I have to ask 100 times?!

He actually helped me out a lot yesterday before my family came over, just spoilt it all by being an hole last night.

It’s really lovely that you and Mr TY got back together though. I think sometimes they just need a good kick up the bum and to mature a bit!

Imagine if as mums we sat around waiting for instructions all the time too. Poor babies wouldn’t be happy 🙄

I second going for a walk. Mines at the same age and sometimes I just think what are we actually supposed to do all day? But even if it’s just for half and hour, if you can stick her in the pram and go out for a walk it both kills time and gets you both out of the house. Mine tends to fall asleep in the pram too which helps!

• Heart
Ahh it’s so tough at that age. I spent so long staring at her just going “what do I do with you now?!”

I second going for a walk, or even just going to sit outside, it’s a mood booster for you and a bit of sensory time for her. You could pop her in the pram, go for a long walk (maybe grab a coffee etc) and then hopefully she’ll sleep as well so it’s a win win!

• Heart
Yeah nap times due so I’m going to go. I went for one yesterday too. I just need some adult company my brains turning to mush

Yeah nap times due so I’m going to go. I went for one yesterday too. I just need some adult company my brains turning to mush
Also, be pushy. Ask mums if they want to grab a coffee, go to the local free rhyme times and your family centres free groups. When I moved to the area I live now when I was younger and baby free I made meet up groups on meetup purely just to get out the house and if they were a bit odd I considered it a good story for the future 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Also, be pushy. Ask mums if they want to grab a coffee, go to the local free rhyme times and your family centres free groups. When I moved to the area I live now when I was younger and baby free I made meet up groups on meetup purely just to get out the house and if they were a bit odd I considered it a good story for the future 😆
Haha I second this, when baby was tiny I literally forced my company on a girl I vaguely knew with a baby the exact same age. I’m a v anxious person an I always worry I’m annoying people but I did it anyway and now we’re besties and the babas are besties. Like you said - worst case you get a funny story!

I know no one where I live. ☹ I need to get out more. 😂
Have you tried Peanut?

• Heart
Haha I second this, when baby was tiny I literally forced my company on a girl I vaguely knew with a baby the exact same age. I’m a v anxious person an I always worry I’m annoying people but I did it anyway and now we’re besties and the babas are besties. Like you said - worst case you get a funny story!

Have you tried Peanut?
More often then not women probably thinking are thinking the same but too shy to ask! My friends used to text me and ask how my lady dates had gone 😆

Have you tried Peanut?
I met two wonderful women on it and I see them every week usually we go for coffee the park loads of cheap things and I love them so much we also rant about our partners not really me so much but I am there to talk to and listen I don’t know what I would do without them. Baby group helped me make some other friends too! Check out orange on a swing 🥺🥺

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I met two wonderful women on it and I see them every week usually we go for coffee the park loads of cheap things and I love them so much we also rant about our partners not really me so much but I am there to talk to and listen I don’t know what I would do without them. Baby group helped me make some other friends too! Check out orange on a swing 🥺🥺
Baby tango loves the swing so much! How cute is it!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Quick Q - I love our pram but getting a bit stressed about how we're going to fit everything in the car when we go away in the summer. It's just the three of us but once pram and car seat and travel cot are loaded it's gonna be tough adding in clothing etc x3 plus we need towels, beach towels, possibly a high chair or bumbo or something as we're in a self catering unit, blah blah blah.

So considering pulling the trigger on buying a smaller lightweight/travel pram, with the thinking that we'll use it to go abroad with next year too. I heard the babyzen are good but then I saw the price and er, no. I don't mind not buying the absolute cheapest if it means it's a bit more fit for purpose/we get a bit longer out of it, but we won't be spending two hundred quid.

This one looks okay, does anyone have it? Or would recommend another or has a tips on what to watch out for? Ta.

Quick Q - I love our pram but getting a bit stressed about how we're going to fit everything in the car when we go away in the summer. It's just the three of us but once pram and car seat and travel cot are loaded it's gonna be tough adding in clothing etc x3 plus we need towels, beach towels, possibly a high chair or bumbo or something as we're in a self catering unit, blah blah blah.

So considering pulling the trigger on buying a smaller lightweight/travel pram, with the thinking that we'll use it to go abroad with next year too. I heard the babyzen are good but then I saw the price and er, no. I don't mind not buying the absolute cheapest if it means it's a bit more fit for purpose/we get a bit longer out of it, but we won't be spending two hundred quid.

This one looks okay, does anyone have it? Or would recommend another or has a tips on what to watch out for? Ta.

We ended up buying a stroller just to go away but with fitting things in, can you put half the chairs down in the back of the car?

I think we're going to have to invest in a roof rack 😂
All the kids and partner had bags under their feet this time and we couldn't fit a suitcase in so had to put clothes in bags to fit around everything else in the car. The pram takes up so much space in the boot!

Reactions: 1
Ffs, why does Mr B look fit today? How can I hate him when he gets his sunglasses out and is playing with the older boys 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Baby o has developed a new habit of bending and then kicking/stretching her legs when she feeds so she shuffles her bum off my lap 🙄 I don’t think she’s in pain as she’s not lifting her legs and her tummy feels fine, it’s just bloody annoying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.