New baby and post birth advice #16 Because I can birth a human quicker than my husband can poo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How fast as it gone?! I can't believe they're closer to one than they are newborn😪
NICU seems like a lifetime ago but it doesn't?!

We're not broccoli fans in this house either 🤣
NICU feels like it happened to someone else for sure. Definitely another life time ago.
now she does little things to make us laugh- she’s turning into a real little comedian!

I do however cheat on the poll and say 4-6 months because I can’t bare thinking of her as nearly 8 months old 😱

Back home after a mammoth 16 hours in a&e. I was given steroids a couple weeks ago to do with my itchy skin.. this thickened my blood (dr didn’t warn me of this despite stating my clot history) . My blood is thick but no clots currently present so GP must monitor to see if blood thickness increased or decreases
🥱 thank you for all your kind words x
I hope you’ve been able to have a good rest the rest of the day. I’m exhausted just reading that. 💖

How do you know when a breastfed baby decides to drop a feed? She is on 3 meals a day with the odd snack (8 months) but she never ever refuses a boob, even if she's literally just eaten 🤣
She’s not cutting down on the boob yet it seems haha (not even a little).

Everleigh has decided the past few days that as well as "ta" she can now say "Hello" and "Hiya"
Although she just walks around going "'iyaaaaa" whilst waving and then "Herrrrro" whilst waving 😂😂😂
Oh wow that’s the cutest!!!

It means they're content with you and know you'll always be there.
I read about it ages ago with my first. He'd always smile and laugh at his dad and others but rarely at me.

I tried to explain it previously. You can be with your, say, best friend all day, and you wouldn't smile at them much. But when you first greet them/see them, you smile at them. Or if someone else were to walk in the room, you'd smile at them, but not the one you're already with.

She knows you're there, she's content with you, you're her safety.
Everyone else is different
Just had this imagine of me spending the day with my best friend and creepily smiling at her all day 🤣🤣🤣

Was going to have a fart whistles title but the pregnancy thread beat us to it! Thought I’d pick something different to avoid confusion!
Who’d ever think the phrase fart whistle would be that sort after 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I feel ya, this baby could scoff an adult size portion of porridge and banana but if she sees boob her eyes light up and she’s ready to go 😂😂 I know they say you can’t overfeed, but does that count once they’re on solids?! I would assume not - she’s always ready for the boob but sometimes it’ll only be for a few minutes so I guess they do regulate it slightly?
I wouldn’t worry about over feeding at all. I can honestly say I have never given the frequency of breastfeeds a second thought during weaning. I read things often that say don’t feed them 30-60 mins before a meal etc, but so much of my baby’s feeding is really just for a wee cuddle and the milk is a bonus to them. So I’ve never followed anything, I continue to stick a boob in their mouth any time they so much as look at me sideways, and the older ones have all transitioned to solids and increased their intake in their own time. (I say the older ones as this current boy just hates food. Not connected to breastfeeding, he just doesn’t like to eat!)
She's increased it during the night if anything 🤣 back to feeding constantly during the night but not sure if it's because of her teeth and more for comfort but wow my nipples are sore 🤣🙈

Also totally off topic but I had a brazillian wax for the first time ever today and I can safely say I would much rather give birth and have 7 stitches than do it again 😭 genuinely thought I had no flaps left when I walked out 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
New thread!! Yipeeee

anyone got tips for gassy baby? (When I first typed this it came out as gay baby 😅). He has been farting and crying since 5pm I have tried everything 🙃🙃🙃😉😉 losing my tit

thank you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
New thread!! Yipeeee

anyone got tips for gassy baby? (When I first typed this it came out as gay baby 😅). He has been farting and crying since 5pm I have tried everything 🙃🙃🙃😉😉 losing my tit

thank you
I’ve never been any good at getting wind out by tapping her back. I tend to sit baby on my knee and sort of rotate her upper body in little circles? I’m not sure if this makes any sense but it works 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Trying to get back into the habit of expressing a couple of times a day as recently I feel like I've plundered the freezer stash and it puts me on edge not having a back up plan. Mr SI usually does his pre-bed feed a couple of nights a week, so he's the one that will make up his bottle but I did it tonight - and realised now he's 4 months I should probably think about changing the teats.
How do I know when he's ready!? And how often are you supposed to change in general!? We have MAM ones and a mix of size 0 and 1 teats on the go at the min. Time for a google I reckon.

Reactions: 1
I’ve never been any good at getting wind out by tapping her back. I tend to sit baby on my knee and sort of rotate her upper body in little circles? I’m not sure if this makes any sense but it works 😂
Yep same jiggle her on my knee and hold her upright gets burps out

• Heart
New thread!! Yipeeee

thank you
i tried EVERYTHINGwith my eldest. A billion different drops and remedies to put in feeds or use before/after but the only thing that worked reliably and noticeably was changing his formula to hipp organic (if your baby is formula fed) and using infacol.

we also did a lot of tummy massage, bicycling legs too wheels on the bus or grand old duke of Yorkthroughout the day at each nappy change. Warm bath with. Flannel over the tummy to warm it up and squeezing water over the tummy tk gently patter it used to help too. He’d always have a good fart after a bath 😂. Keeping baby upright for 10-20 mins after a feed helped us as well.

i used to be pacing the house looking out the windows for my husband to get home to pass him the colicky miserable baby. At least now with covid he still works from home so I can just loiter outside the door 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you ❤ I will give this a try. Anything other than screaming for 4 hrs. 😅😅😅

i tried EVERYTHINGwith my eldest. A billion different drops and remedies to put in feeds or use before/after but the only thing that worked reliably and noticeably was changing his formula to hipp organic (if your baby is formula fed) and using infacol.

we also did a lot of tummy massage, bicycling legs too wheels on the bus or grand old duke of Yorkthroughout the day at each nappy change. Warm bath with. Flannel over the tummy to warm it up and squeezing water over the tummy tk gently patter it used to help too. He’d always have a good fart after a bath 😂. Keeping baby upright for 10-20 mins after a feed helped us as well.

i used to be pacing the house looking out the windows for my husband to get home to pass him the colicky miserable baby. At least now with covid he still works from home so I can just loiter outside the door 😂
Thank you 😊😊😊 will look into these things.
It’s a horrible isn’t it

Thank you ❤ I will give this a try. Anything other than screaming for 4 hrs. 😅😅😅

Thank you 😊😊😊 will look into these things.
It’s a horrible isn’t it
I might be wrong, but was it you who’s baby cries all the time, and we mentioned about silent reflux?

I was once told if you’re trying to get wind, lay them back straight and then sit them up and the burp should come up. Hold your hand under their belly too

Trying to get back into the habit of expressing a couple of times a day as recently I feel like I've plundered the freezer stash and it puts me on edge not having a back up plan. Mr SI usually does his pre-bed feed a couple of nights a week, so he's the one that will make up his bottle but I did it tonight - and realised now he's 4 months I should probably think about changing the teats.
How do I know when he's ready!? And how often are you supposed to change in general!? We have MAM ones and a mix of size 0 and 1 teats on the go at the min. Time for a google I reckon.
You're supposed to change every 2 months I think, same with dummies.

I kept her on size 1 until she was 6 months but after that she started getting annoyed as it wasn't coming out fast enough as she was obviously so efficient on the boob! So she's been on size 2 for the last couple of months but looking like I'm going to have to go up to size 3 soon as she's doing the same! Can't get mam size 3 anywhere just now though 😭

I am by no means an expert, but from what I’ve read on here over the last year if they are content when feeding you don’t need to change their teat size. I believe it’s only if they are getting frustrated while feeding, or taking forever to feed, that changing is thought of.

Reactions: 5
I might be wrong, but was it you who’s baby cries all the time, and we mentioned about silent reflux?

I was once told if you’re trying to get wind, lay them back straight and then sit them up and the burp should come up. Hold your hand under their belly too
It was probably me if it was within the last week😂😂😞

I just tried the rotating circular knee thing and a burp flew up. I love this thread 😌🥰

i will try your suggestion too. Thank you! There is a lot of wind the other end as well😞

• Heart
It was probably me if it was within the last week😂😂😞

I just tried the rotating circular knee thing and a burp flew up. I love this thread 😌🥰

i will try your suggestion too. Thank you! There is a lot of wind the other end as well😞
How are you both now?
Baby bean is 13 weeks and he very rarely burps anymore. I want my newborn back 😭💔

@Rxt156 I second @Jellybean093 suggestion of lying them down and then sitting them up quickly. My babies haven’t been very windy but that always worked.
Same, I haven’t had windy babies or struggled to get the wind out. This is my years of experience working with babies 😂😂

Im going through hell with baby beans. Because he’s on reflux milk, the minute you make it it’s runny, but it starts to thicken up quite quickly. We use size 3 mam, but sometimes he drowns on them 🙄 size 3 is for 4months+, but if there’s no struggle, I wouldn’t worry too much about changing them. They are so bloody expensive!

New thread!! Yipeeee

thank you
I used to do wonky winding which worked amazingly until she got too big now I sit her up and kind of bounce her on my knee and she burps but she is 7 months nearly and gives herself hiccups sometimes xx

Starting to think about contraception…baby is 15 days old. Surprised I remembered a need for contraception as I think the last time we did the deed was probably his conception 😂 I exaggerate but that’s probably not far off being accurate.

i usually have the implant so I don’t have to fart around remembering pills and I iked having no periods. However when I had the implant out and started TTC #2 I really loved having no contraception…I couldn’t believe how “me” I felt without hormones pumping around. My libido was back, I lost weight easier, I was less grumpy and just felt different. And then I got pregnant and thenit all came back 😂

so I’m wondering about something different…I’m considering the coil as believe it doesn’t use hormones like the pill etc? I may be wrong it’s been years since I looked at options. Ihad an appt for a coil when I was about 19 (had epilepsy and wasn’t allowed any hormone based contraception due to other medication I was on) but on the day of the fitting I googled it and looked at some pics of insertion and panicked.

Those who have had it ….how was it? How was thefitting? I’m in my 30s now and not as petrified as I was at 19, having had a number of smears and ultrasounds and a miserable failed induction so used to people poking around up there now 😂, but Ido remember the nurse telling me coils are usually better for women who’ve had babies vaginally. Is this true? My two boys came out the sun roof.

I’m off to do some googling

@Jellybean093
He is fast asleep now thank goodness. Just the crying and farting is the problem at the minute. He seems in real pain with the wind. Managing to get burps up with the techniques everyone suggested above 😊😊🥰🥰 I can deal with the sleekness nights, tiredness and night feeds. Just the crying is really getting to me. Luckily Mr Rxt has been good and steps in when I need a break. Thank you for asking ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Starting to think about contraception…baby is 15 days old. Surprised I remembered a need for contraception as I think the last time we did the deed was probably his conception 😂 I exaggerate but that’s probably not far off being accurate.

i usually have the implant so I don’t have to fart around remembering pills and I iked having no periods. However when I had the implant out and started TTC #2 I really loved having no contraception…I couldn’t believe how “me” I felt without hormones pumping around. My libido was back, I lost weight easier, I was less grumpy and just felt different. And then I got pregnant and thenit all came back 😂

so I’m wondering about something different…I’m considering the coil as believe it doesn’t use hormones like the pill etc? I may be wrong it’s been years since I looked at options. Ihad an appt for a coil when I was about 19 (had epilepsy and wasn’t allowed any hormone based contraception due to other medication I was on) but on the day of the fitting I googled it and looked at some pics of insertion and panicked.

Those who have had it ….how was it? How was thefitting? I’m in my 30s now and not as petrified as I was at 19, having had a number of smears and ultrasounds and a miserable failed induction so used to people poking around up there now 😂, but Ido remember the nurse telling me coils are usually better for women who’ve had babies vaginally. Is this true? My two boys came out the sun roof.

I’m off to do some googling
So this is an odd once but because I hadn’t had contraception for about 8 years the doctor refused the coil and implant for me as he said if I went another baby I can just stop taking th pill however I’ve got high blood pressure no idea why I think it’s because the doctors surgery sends me over the edge every time I go there my friend has the coil and thinks it’s wonderful where as my sister in law got pregnant on it but not sure if it was the hormonal one or not xx

@Fauxphiehinchcliffe I am in the same boat. I loved not being on the pill. I felt freeee of all the chemicals. Don’t really want to go back on it. I had migraines for so long I thought that was just part of me that I was stuck with as I’ve had them for as long as I can remember. Turns out they disappeared when I came off the pill and I’ve only had a handful of them in 18 months +!!! Madness what we do to our bodies.
Good luck with your search 🔍 let me know what you find 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.