Nelly_London

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve dermaplaned for a few years and love it. I find the hair grows back the same tbh, and one tip I did find useful from Nelly was to use a serum before dermaplaning. But everyone is different.
I don’t understand the name thing - why lie? Loads of people have pseudonym’s on insta, why has she made a big deal out of it 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 6
fgs so sneaky.

I unfollowed her for a lot of reasons but among them was the fact her recommendations were pure crap.

every clothing haul was the most best, most luxurious most beautiful thing she’d EVER worn. I bought a bra at nellys recommendation and it was terrible. An overpriced bralet that I’ve hardly wornthat was terrible quality.

I bought a conditioner she recommended that was expensive, she had a commission with, she said was the best thing ever but turned out to be useless and left a weird greasy feeling.

i took her up on her recommedenation for dermaplanning as I have similar colouring to her. Worst. decision. Of. My. Life. Hair just grows back more noticeable and it’s so easy to get whiteheads. Plus removing peach fuzz doesn’t make the huge difference she insisted it did.

combined experiences above plus the fact she has monetised her account has made me doubt her credibility and claims she’s “100% honest” about products. The fact she’s being so shady about her name absolutely confirms in my eyes that she isn’t honest.
same with the dermaplaning. It made me break out so badly and I scratched my face to tit around my nose area. Threw the horrible thing in the bin. These influencers have so much to be held accountable for with their outright lies!! Also if you’re still in the market for a decent shampoo/conditioner... I got the gum salon keratin kit from homesense (was £14.99 for both but big bottles, not sure what the original RRP is). It’s worked a treat on my fine hair and has really thickened it up, no split ends at all even though I haven’t had a cut for months post lockdown. And that is a genuine truthful review given I have an actual job and work for a living unlike some 🤣

Reactions: 4
I thought I liked her, other than her insistence that every lingerie set she’s sent is incredible, but this name debacle is shady.

If she’s going to lie about something as basic as a name, about something she could’ve just said ‘it’s my IG name’, what else is she lying about? And the laughing at people about it is worse for me, it’s really odd behaviour.
So odd, hope she addresses this because she’s obviously seen that people now know it’s a lie.

Reactions: 5
So what’s the story with this one? I’ve only started watching but I’m finding her very enjoyable, what am I missing ?

Reactions: 1
I followed her for a while and genuinely liked her for the body confidence etc. After a while it got a bit to much and I had to unfollow her. There were only so many pics I could deal with, with her prancing about in her underwear 247.

I followed her for a while and genuinely liked her for the body confidence etc. After a while it got a bit to much and I had to unfollow her. There were only so many pics I could deal with, with her prancing about in her underwear 247.
I'm the exact same! Liked her in the beginning but it was all just prancing about in underwear in the end and making cakes on a Sunday and that bored me.

Oh wow, okay having a pseudonym online is pretty smart and normal but the making fun of people not knowing your fake online name is not fake when it is, is soooo bizarre. You just didn’t have to speak about it loooool.

Reactions: 11
Tbh I’m not so bothered with the nakedness, what bothered me was the disingenuous feeling I got from it. The usual influencer sunshine and rainbows vibe because they’re just a walking tampon or cereal ad.

I also have noted all the weird things she’s done and said and hinted at over time, like the whole name business and I just don’t like the feeling I get. I think either this whole business is completely curated or she’s truly just self obsessed.

I hate how these 'woke' instagramers need to tell us all how to shave our legs and to love our body hair., we're grown woman ffs. Also, her swimwear line, sorry even if I was size 6 i'd not wear that, hanging out all over the place, certainly not flattering for anyone with curves. Not everyone over a size 12 wants to wear a string bikini, it doesn't make you any more confident than a good fitting, flattering one.

Reactions: 9
I agree, Alex’s seems to be one of the few influencer lines / collaborations that looks properly thought through. Helena’s line has a very particular look and market, which would be fine if she didn’t go on about how they’re designed for all her ‘angels’.

Also on the swimwear front, Nelly called one of her bikini tops ‘Helena’...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I just don't see the hype of her bikini line.... Yes I'm all for the sustainability aspect of it but it's really just a basic bikini design

Alex Light's swimwear actually looks much more inclusive and well designed 👀
AGREED 100% no one with curves wants to wear a tiny string as a bikini

She’s just trying to be mysterious now by telling us the top is called the “Helena” like honey we all know that’s your real name you REALLY are not interesting exotic exciting or mysterious in the slightest. Honestly she strikes me as being really dumb, I know she’s got dyslexia and I don’t mean in terms of that or her spelling I just mean she SEEMS dim in the way she acts like the simplest things (a strawberry eaten while sitting in a pool of water filled with her own dirt) tastes like heaven on earth. This is another reason why the whole fake name thing has annoyed me because she HONESTLY THINKS she’s been really clever and has masked her true name and identity when you can legit find her real name, real Twitter, real Facebook and her boyfriends real details / name soooooo easily. She’s so stupid like how dumb does she think people are

Attachments

That strawberry thing was bizarre 😂 she mentioned it on her stories as if it was this groundbreaking discovery and she features it a lot as a picture with writing over it on stories too.

I liked her at first but now she just seems a bit odd and fake to me.

she reminds me of a girl I worked with (bizarrely they look similar too). She had a bad relationship with food and self image. She had to make out to everyone that life was perfect, she pretended to have certain quirks and I’ve never understood why. To appear trendsetting? As part of the image she was trying to portray? To have a element of control over other people’s perception of her? I don’t think I’ll ever fully understand. But now I’ve seen it in Nelly/Helena I cba with her.

Reactions: 7
Why is she always so dramatic when posting ‘life updates’, will say she has news or an update but then won’t post it for hours and hours. It doesn’t build suspense love it’s just annoying as fck

Why is she always so dramatic when posting ‘life updates’, will say she has news or an update but then won’t post it for hours and hours. It doesn’t build suspense love it’s just annoying as fck
I’ve just seen this on stories, drama much🤷🏽‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.