Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fuzzydunlop

Did she really set up her camera and then get back into bed to film herself pretending to wake up?!?!:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Ratsout

VIP Member
Controversial opinion but I’ve found a lot of content creators who are recovering from EDs are still hyper obsessed with their body. It’s like they’ve replace one obsessed/addiction with another ? She’s obsessed with showing that she too has rolls (when she contorts her body) and that she has hip dips (when she pulls her knickers all the way up to her chin). Is it true recovering ? I don’t think so personally because her entire brand/appeal is about how her body looks. She has a very controlled way of how she shows off her body that is very ritualistic and she seems to be very overwhelmed with trying to keep up this façade

Reactions: 27

_Laura

Chatty Member
Her to do list for the day. Are we supposed to feel bad for her?
Open new rug? Such a hard task for fuck sake.
So 5 out of those 9 items are what most people do outside of working hours, the remaining 4 are just her job.
Such a hard life, I'll light a candle and keep her in my thoughts...

• Haha
Reactions: 24

hellogrrrl

Chatty Member
THAT FACE god she is a dreadful looking woman, ugly on the inside and out it seems

Also why copy someone else’s content? Be original for gods sake. The video is EXACYLY the same as the girl she was “inspired by” ... honey call it what it is, it’s COPYING
She looks like MoMo

• Haha
Reactions: 22

HolymolyMeohmy

Her fucking stories this morning 'ive booked the whole day off work....I'm not sending a single email' .... Babe your only job is full time influencer and I honestly can't imagine your that busy with emails... Unless she's cold calling brands for work.

Also surely if you've booked a whole day off ... Get off social media

cee-bee

VIP Member
This is what annoys me about Nelly/Helena.

She has a story up from 109 weeks ago, so about two years. Before she became an “influencer”. She has a genuine review of a product she’s bought herself, the laser for hair removal. I have a laser too (a different model but it’s a Philips one), and she’s right. It’s amazing. Barely any need to shave. It’s changed a lot of my body hair permanently. It comes back now and again but is much sparser/thinner. She says herself she doesn’t need to shave anymore.

for context, I’ve been used my laser for about 4 years. It does almost completely remove most hair, and my body hair is very dark, sounds similar to how Nelly describes hers. It’s time consuming to laser every little section you want gone top to bottom, but for the most part it does last a few months or more for me with only a few patches of hair that I’ve maybe missed. When my hair grew back it was sparser and lighter in colour, and much easier to shave. I used to get terrible regrowth bumps on my legs and bikini area that, since lasering, barely happen now. My skin also looked so much more smooth - no strawberry leg looks. I laser less now, but shaving has become much easier for me. I haven’t lasered in a while but I’ll probably get round to it again in summer - and I’ll probably need to do it one every fortnight for a short while and then won’t need to for months, I’ll shave once a week at most for any stray bits. So my point is - even if she’s stopped lasering, it will change her hair permanently. She has said so herself.

fast forward and now she’s shilling razors like there’s no tomorrow. Best case scenario, her laser gun thing broke and she hasn’t replaced it. But why not mention that? And also, since she loved it so much why is she now switching back to razors? I quote “I can vouch for how effective [the laser] is at permanently killing hair” and “it is so so so effective. I can’t believe how little hair I have…” so she effectively said she permanently removed her unwanted hair and has very little of it - so how can she be a effective judge of what razors are good or not?

I’ve checked her story for the razors and at no point has she referenced the fact she used permanent laser removal. In all her videos she has hardly any hair. If she was being honest, why not reference in? Something along the lines of, hey guys, I know I’ve used laser removal in the past but I don’t anymore because I felt it was too expensive/whatever. I now use these razors instead

worst of all, in one video she zooms in on her legs to show how “close” the shave Is. I switch up between laser/shaving and no shaver has ever given me that type of post-shave look (I have dark hair like nelly). It’s a result of using a laser. IMO it’s very misleading to put out a video like that without mentioning prior laser removal.

I don’t know how she can smile down the camera in full knowledge of what she’s doing, never mind buy herself a cake to celebrate (wtf?). Of course the razor is going to be amazing at removing hair if there’s hardly any hair there to remove.

talk about soulless, mindless marketing.

cee-bee

VIP Member
“I haven’t done self care in a long time” - Nelly, the girl who literally doesn’t have a job, spends her days taking pictures of herself and whose entire life is about “self care”. And of course she even had to make an ad out of that as well

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Farringdon

I had to unfollow Nelly a while back.
At first I loved the body positive stuff, it was really refreshing. I liked her beauty recommendations sometimes.

but then it became her “full time” job. The body positive stuff became tiresome. I couldn’t trust her recommendations anymore and they were mostly collabs. Her baking stuff was mostly recipes she took from other people (she was honest about this at least)

she comes across as a lovely girl but strikes me as someone who maybe had a sheltered, pampered existence. Living at home and being able to buy her own flat for example

she also comes across as a bit odd and eccentric. Not many girl mates, no TV (who doesn’t have a TV these days even if you don’t watch a lot?!), long term loved up relationship but no plans on living together or buying together etc etc.

I initially followed her because she seemed quite affable, relatable and she was a bit different. It’s all gone downhill ever since it became a full time gig at the end of last year.

Now it’s all collabs with misguided, gymshark, overpriced products and talking about how “busy” she is responding to emails a couple of hours a day then taking some selfies. Standard, boring influencer stuff.

Reactions: 20

ShingC

I've always felt she masquerades as a curvy person because it gets more engagement on insta.

Reactions: 20

cee-bee

VIP Member
She’s as fake and disengenuois as they come, I don’t think she realises herself how bad she is.

I think “influencing” is horrendous. It isn’t being influential, it’s usually being misleading. At worst, manipulating people into buying products. Calling someone an “Influencer” is like polishing a turd.

Nelly for me, is among the worst out there. Not because of the stuff she puts out, but because she’s so careful to cultivate an image of herself as being the relatable girl who is just your friend. The way she addresses her followers, calls them angels etc. Is all part of the charade. Whether it’s intentional or not.

but in reality, if there was any respect or “friendliness” there - she wouldn’t outright lie. Lie about her name. Lie about not needing shavers for brand A then miraculously needing to shave again when Brand B comes along with some razors to shill.

the sad thing is, whatever charity she worked for before - was probably contributing a lot more to society than what she’s doing now.

my advice to Nelly/Helena if she ever reads;

• find a job you’re actually passionate about. Receiving freebies and getting paid to post pictures might be fun and thrilling but it isn’t a passion.

• invest In friendships. I wonder if Nellys lack of friendships and close friends contributes to her relying on her insta-audience too much.

• re-evaluate your weird AF relationship. There is something so off about the whole thing. Separate bedrooms in your 20s? That creepy highly sexed charade you put on for the camera? Most people see through it.

• realise your body (whether you feel positive or negative about it) is changeable and only one part of a person, you don’t need to place so much emphasis on your body. It isn’t healthy, no matter how much you tell yourself it is. You aren’t respecting or being “positive” about your body by plastering nudes over insta. You are looking for validation. And that is just as unhealthy IMO as being negative about your body and investing in diet culture. Why not talk about your academic/work achievements? Personal achievements? Why does it all have to come back to your boobs?

• You come across as a very lost person desperately pretending they aren’t. That’s sad in and of itself. But it makes me uncomfortable to see someone pretend otherwise to a fairly large Instagram audience, some of whom will take you at face value. Many of whom will be vulnerable/young/naive etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Such weird behaviour. The username/pseudonym in itself isn’t weird but making a big deal about it being her real name? 🤔

her first name is also written on her necklace, هلنة = Helena

• Wow
Reactions: 19

KayleighRose

Chatty Member
Is it a life goal to have perfectly round nipples? I personally love the shape of my nipples and they are NO way near round 😂 shes so bloody boring. No one cares about your "normal" nipples Helena Haycock

Nelly London #2 boob job number 9, can't help but whine, perfectly normal nipples this time.

Nelly London #2 boob job number 9, can't help but whine, perfectly normal nipples this time.

• Haha
Reactions: 18