Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hollyoaks is the only one that does it. I can see why more don’t. It must be a lot of time and effort having to change them all the time when characters come and go
Yes I guess so and how many new fans do soaps get nowadays I suppose. It's just I got back in to Neighbours 6 ish months ago and found it useful as not good with faces! The old faces made it easier though of course. I was not aware of Hollyoaks I used to watch most of the soaps years ago but that was one I never tried to watch. I feel it is maybe aimed at a younger age group than I am, but I guess the same could be said of Home and Away. I don't really want to watch another soap to be honest was happy with Neighbours (even though Paul never ever learns from his mistakes as most of us do!)

Ive also tried with Home and Away on and off since it went to C5 but it feels like a completely different show now and has lost any of the warmth it had back in the 90’s. Am I right in saying that they don’t even have the full theme tune at the start anymore? Sacrilegious if true!

Neighbours on the other hand has always remained true to itself and has never tried to be something it’s not.
No they don't really have alot at the beginning anymore and at the end the character and actor names are so small you can't read them! I do get the point that the opening credits do need reshooting often depending on folk leaving and that costs time and money, but I just found it useful when getting to know Neighbours again. Marilyn in H&A is already doing my head in it! I get there was some sort of chemical thing happened and it has altered her personality but she is vile.. Can't beat Neighbours I think as I lurk on some of our British soap threads and they seem so poor by what people say...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I stopped watching home and away after the Braxtons left and they brought in this awful new family and it went downhill. I might try and get back into it, but it's just not as cheerful as neighbours. If I was to compare them to UK soaps, h&a is more like EastEnders, but no where near as rubbish as that show and neighbours is more like Corrie, has some humour to it.
I'm still holding out hope that neighbours is saved

Reactions: 5
I stopped watching home and away after the Braxtons left and they brought in this awful new family and it went downhill. I might try and get back into it, but it's just not as cheerful as neighbours. If I was to compare them to UK soaps, h&a is more like EastEnders, but no where near as rubbish as that show and neighbours is more like Corrie, has some humour to it.
I'm still holding out hope that neighbours is saved
I don’t really watch Home and Away but I became fully invested in the Braxton’s. I loved them. I was gonna enter the comp C5 did to win a date with all 3 of them 😂

Reactions: 6
I don’t really watch Home and Away but I became fully invested in the Braxton’s. I loved them. I was gonna enter the comp C5 did to win a date with all 3 of them 😂
I loved them, Heath was just gorgeous. Have you seen five bedrooms? Stephen Peacock who played Brax is in it

Five Bedrooms is fantastic! I just finished watching season 3 ... no word on if there's a season 4 as yet. "Brax" plays a bit of a dippy character on that. He's also on the reboot of The Flying Doctors (whatever it's called), where he plays a nurse.

Five Bedrooms is fantastic! I just finished watching season 3 ... no word on if there's a season 4 as yet. "Brax" plays a bit of a dippy character on that. He's also on the reboot of The Flying Doctors (whatever it's called), where he plays a nurse.
I've only seen series one, what channel is series 2 on?

I've only seen series one, what channel is series 2 on?
I'm in NZ and watched it on "Neon" which is part of Sky. I know in AU, they started playing it on free-to-air TV then mid-series switched to Paramount+ (subscription only), which seemed like a tit move.

I'm in NZ and watched it on "Neon" which is part of Sky. I know in AU, they started playing it on free-to-air TV then mid-series switched to Paramount+ (subscription only), which seemed like a tit move.
Ah, I'm in England and I've not seen a second series yet, but I'm going to have a look and see if I've missed it.
I hate it when they only show one series, they did the same with winners and losers, showed two series and that was it

Ah, I'm in England and I've not seen a second series yet, but I'm going to have a look and see if I've missed it.
I hate it when they only show one series, they did the same with winners and losers, showed two series and that was it
I loved Winners & losers. I never saw the last season annoyingly

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Winners and Losers was the best! It had several seasons but something weird happened with the funding and distribution rights ... I can't remember exactly what went on, but someone gave all the details on the show's Facebook page. The final season, which took forever to come out, was really short and its fans were seriously peeved. You *might* be able to find it on YouTube ... that's where I watched it back in the day.

If you love Australian drama, 'Tangle' (two seasons) and 'A Beautiful Lie' (one season) are both excellent too ... both were on Netflix / Amazon Prime at one point but may be on You Tube.

Winners and Losers was the best! It had several seasons but something weird happened with the funding and distribution rights ... I can't remember exactly what went on, but someone gave all the details on the show's Facebook page. The final season, which took forever to come out, was really short and its fans were seriously peeved. You *might* be able to find it on YouTube ... that's where I watched it back in the day.

If you love Australian drama, 'Tangle' (two seasons) and 'A Beautiful Lie' (one season) are both excellent too ... both were on Netflix / Amazon Prime at one point but may be on You Tube.
I'm going to have a look, I love Australian TV

Reactions: 2
O/T but The Heart Guy or Doctor Doctor as they call it in Oz is good. Only five seasons but a lighthearted watch

Reactions: 4

Thanks for the recommendations, I will have a look.

I hope for the final episode. It’s everyone together having a street party / barbecue. Roxy and Kyle announce their pregnancy. Old faces like the Kennedy Kids, Brennan siblings, Willis kids return. And everyone’s just happy.
I am still gutted though. End of an era for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I hope for the final episode. It’s everyone together having a street party / barbecue. Roxy and Kyle announce their pregnancy. Old faces like the Kennedy Kids, Brennan siblings, Willis kids return. And everyone’s just happy.
I am still gutted though. End of an era for me.
yes that would be a great end too it

yes that would be a great end too it
Everyone happy but Paul! No I am being a bit unkind. He is not very well for real soon and like the "boy that cried wolf" nobody believes him until Glenn finds him laid out. I guess he will survive though, he always does!!

Reactions: 2
I hope Marlene Kratz appears in the final episode after her 3 month ship cruise from 1995.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.