Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe after the years of rumours it’s finally happening and they’re cancelling neighbours!

To be fair it’s been dire for a few years at least now, and I didn’t watch it for over a year but do dip in and out now and again. Watched it every day for years though growing up and it’ll be sad now it’s not there for the times I do fancy watching it
What!?? Are you serious? When was this announced?

Reactions: 2
Hopefully another channel will pick it up. I’m thinking itv but that will add another soap onto their schedule. Or channel 4? Something doesn’t sit right though, it says cast and crew haven’t been informed yet it’s all over the media. The article originally came from the sun so let’s hope it’s not true.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
This is quite disappointing and makes me quite sad. It’s been a part of my daily routine since before I can remember. I doubt another channel will take it on though, if channel five drop it unfortunately I think that will be the end.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yeah I would be devastated if it ended. From a very young age I have watched itx even during school, watched it lunch and tea time! I sure hope it gets picked up by another UK channel

Reactions: 6
So, in the UK it will be dropped from channels? But it's still going to be filmed and played in Australia and NZ?
Sorry, I'm so confused 😅

Reactions: 2
So, in the UK it will be dropped from channels? But it's still going to be filmed and played in Australia and NZ?
Sorry, I'm so confused 😅
Probably not. A large portion of the production funding comes from the UK so if another channel won’t take it on it will likely just end full stop.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Genuinely will be heartbroken if it’s axed despite the fact I spend most of the episode saying how ridiculous the show is!

I love you neighbours. I take it all back.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh this will be so sad, I watched it when I was young and only came back to it in the last couple of years. It’s the only thing on tv I actually keep fairly up to date with now.

Reactions: 5
I don’t believe it will be axed, the same rumour pops up every year

It hasn't been axed. It's facing the axe, but I don't think it will come to it. Channel 5 will renew their contract with the show for less money or surely one of the million subscription services around will pick it up. Look at some of the garbage on Netflix that becomes a huge hit because it has 222 million subscribers around the world. Whack something like Neighbours on there and it will be watched by tens of millions more than see it on Channel 5.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It hasn't been axed. It's facing the axe, but I don't think it will come to it. Channel 5 will renew their contract with the show for less money or surely one of the million subscription services around will pick it up. Look at some of the garbage on Netflix that becomes a huge hit because it has 222 million subscribers around the world. Whack something like Neighbours on there and it will be watched by tens of millions more than see it on Channel 5.
That's a very positive way to look at it. I'll concentrate on that.

Reactions: 4
Genuinely will be heartbroken if it’s axed despite the fact I spend most of the episode saying how ridiculous the show is!

I love you neighbours. I take it all back.
Yes the same! Spend most my time on the phone watchin it. Even if I’ve put my5 on! It’s routine to me!

I am so sad about this, I only started watching it again 6 months ago after a gap of about 25yrs. It's the only soap I watch. Oh well I guess all good things come to an end and it has felt a bit wrong for us to be ahead of Aus in the schedules. I am still pinning my hopes on a last minute deal though!

Reactions: 1
Anyone here who used to watch it on YouTube? At Australian pace?
I can't find the new episodes anymore and I'm just wondering if any YouTube watchers know which YouTube channel might have it now?
If you look up, 'RA Apparel Neighbours' you might find it ;)

Probably not. A large portion of the production funding comes from the UK so if another channel won’t take it on it will likely just end full stop.
I agree with this. Remember just a few years back when there was talk of it being cancelled, and the UK deal came through? Without that deal, it definitely would have ended. It's not as popular in NZ as Home and Away; not sure about the viewing numbers in Oz but it is on some obscure channel which isn't a good sign.

100%! Maybe a 'last minute' deal will come through much like it did a few years ago.

It's a shame the storylines have become so 'woke' ... it used to be a great watch.

I laughed at this comment in the DM:

1644123689270.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Looks like it really is done 💔 See the email to the cast and crew in this article. No one is coming forward to fund it. Perhaps the fan reaction will make another channel reconsider.

Im the same as a lot of you, it’s my comfort programme and I’m really sad about it, despite it being rubbish at times, I still watch it and laugh at the nonsense.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think it's a load of bs, neighbours is one of C5's highest rated shows, the rumour appears every year.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.