Neighbours #2 that’s when good tattlers become good friends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's daft bringing it back now after it's already had its finale. Especially when it's on a subpar platform to even channel 5. And the main actors playing Karl, Susan and Toadie especially should move on and do something different with their lives

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I wonder which other characters will return. I would almost definitely say Lucinda Cowden who played Mel will be returning, as long as she still lives in Melbourne, considering she signed the petition to save the show and is still interacting with lots of fans. I imagine Rebekah Elmaloglu will also be back considering it appears she’s still in touch with lots of cast members. I think Jacinta Stapleton will be back as Amy as well, considering she represented Neighbours at the Inside Soap Awards and the NTAs. I hope Phoebe Roberts returns as Freya Wozniak as she was a brilliant character, and I REALLY hope Charlotte Chimes returns as Nicolette, which may be possible as I can see Annie Jones returning as well. I know the chances of this are slim to none, but it would be dream if they could get Guy Pearce back, especially if it’s only a limited series.

Reactions: 3
Omg guys! My heart dropped! As happy as I am really poor form to not inform all the cast

Hope it does better than All My Children & One Life To Live when they made he same jump
I am excited about the old eps being shown though, wonder if it means they'll add more Home & Away as they've been stuck on 400 eps for Years

Who is going to watch it on there though? Genuinely I think it’s time to let it lie now. As much as I loved it the finale gave proper closure and bringing it back with taint that.
I’ll be watching it and plenty of people will, I’m over the moon that it’s back. The people that don’t want to watch it, don’t have to watch it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think it's daft bringing it back now after it's already had its finale. Especially when it's on a subpar platform to even channel 5. And the main actors playing Karl, Susan and Toadie especially should move on and do something different with their lives
I didn’t want it to end but I agree. After that big send off for it to come back less than a year later is mad

Reactions: 4
I can’t understand why anyone is moaning about it coming back, it‘s absolutely bizarre.

Reactions: 9
Yes I don’t think I will go back, it just ended so special and now I think it’ll be meh and won’t ever get such a lovely send off again.

I wonder if it will be very the same though, I imagine they might have totally different writers, not to mention if ratings were low they might feel they do need to shake things up to get better viewing figures

I wonder if it will be very the same though, I imagine they might have totally different writers, not to mention if ratings were low they might feel they do need to shake things up to get better viewing figures
I assume it'll be more a series than a soap at least at first. So majority of storylines will have a start,middle, end with some that can over run to future series. I'd also say that way will be a smaller cast but if a series people wouldnt have to sign up for aslong so could pop in & out. So gives the cast chance to do other things.

I can’t understand why anyone is moaning about it coming back, it‘s absolutely bizarre.
You don‘t think the way they’ve behaved towards some of the cast is really underhand?

Not only that but if I was one of those who returned under the illusion that it would be finishing for good, I would feel used.
But there was no guarentee it would return in anyform, Todays news i'm guessing if we'd put a bet on the odds would be giant. So they shouldnt feel used.

I'd guess they had to release the news now in case of a leak, which if they told more cast might've happened

Surely none of the cast were still under control contract though. It finished 5 months ago. It’s the format that’s being brought back. Yes it would have been good/ decent to tell ex cast member (that’s what they are), but a lot of cast have moved on so why do they have to let anyone know first.

You don‘t think the way they’ve behaved towards some of the cast is really underhand?
If they announced this, prior to Neighbours finishing in July, I’d find it really distasteful, but considering none of the actors are employed by Fremantle anymore, and many of them have probably already moved on, they weren’t under any obligation to inform past cast members of the comeback, and let’s face it, Amazon isn’t the most ethical company. Probably the only reason why they informed the golden four of the show’s return, was so they could take part in the promos, to pedal the announcement.

However, it’s worth mentioning that the cast members who are moaning about not being informed of the show’s return, are the ones who said they were going to leave at the end of their contracts anyway (Takaya Honda, Georgie Stone etc).

Even if they aren’t under contract it would still be common decency and polite to give a quick heads up before the announcement came out.

Reactions: 1
I get what you’re saying, but at the same time it ended so perfectly, and we don’t know Amazon’s intention for buying Neighbours yet. I saw someone on Twitter saying that Amazon recently commissioned the return of a popular Australian series, and bought the back catalogue (like they’ve done with Neighbours) but axed it after one season and it became clear they only brought the show back, to promote the fact they’d bought the back catalogue. I’d hate them to pull this stunt with such a beloved TV show like Neighbours. However, if they saw how angry fans were when the show was axed by Channel 5, they’d realise that if they did axe Neighbours after airing just one series, then Amazon Freevee’s reputation would suffer massively. I’d say Neighbours being axed caused a huge dent to 5’s reputation.

However, to those who are apprehensive about the show returning, it’s worth noting, that the Neighbours finale was always set up to be open-ended in case something like this happened. The only thing they’re going to have difficulty explaining, is Mike’s absence, if Annie Jones returns as Jane as I imagine Guy Pearce won’t be back.

If you want to read a more in-depth article about Neighbours returning, then go to the Erinsborough News website. They’re probably the best source around for Neighbours news!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Obviously they should have been told, however they had to get the main four back first. I'm just glad it's back, because enjoy watching it, unlike some others in this thread.

Surely none of the cast were still under control contract though. It finished 5 months ago. It’s the format that’s being brought back. Yes it would have been good/ decent to tell ex cast member (that’s what they are), but a lot of cast have moved on so why do they have to let anyone know first.
Exactly that

I get what you’re saying, but at the same time it ended so perfectly, and we don’t know Amazon’s intention for buying Neighbours yet. I saw someone on Twitter saying that Amazon recently commissioned the return of a popular Australian series, and bought the back catalogue (like they’ve done with Neighbours) but axed it after one season and it became clear they only brought the show back, to promote the fact they’d bought the back catalogue. I’d hate them to pull this stunt with such a beloved TV show like Neighbours. However, if they saw how angry fans were when the show was axed by Channel 5, they’d realise that if they did axe Neighbours after airing just one series, then Amazon Freevee’s reputation would suffer massively. I’d say Neighbours being axed caused a huge dent to 5’s reputation.

However, to those who are apprehensive about the show returning, it’s worth noting, that the Neighbours finale was always set up to be open-ended in case something like this happened. The only thing they’re going to have difficulty explaining, is Mike’s absence, if Annie Jones returns as Jane as I imagine Guy Pearce won’t be back.

If you want to read a more in-depth article about Neighbours returning, then go to the Erinsborough News website. They’re probably the best source around for Neighbours news!
I can't understand why people are moaning about them having a final, etc. The final was left open ended, apart from chloe they all stayed on the street, so it wasn't like it was over, as you said it ended in a way that it could come back.

I just think that some people love to moan and it's not like they have to watch it .

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.