Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

buffyjayne

Chatty Member
I moved countries when I was a child and due to the stress and fear I had around making new friends abroad I developed a stutter and a fear of speaking. I was bullied because of my accent too. With the combination of these, I chose not to speak.
One day I heard a girl in my class talk about a certain Stingray and Dylan - 'surely not? A neighbours fan ?? '
She was a fan.
And I built up enough confidence to talk to her about neighbours each morning on the bus before school.( The first time I ever spoke in school was about a random Janae and Brie storyline.) We got such a thrill dissecting each episode.
This girl and I have kept our friendship ( I'm her maid of honour!!! 🥰 And she will be mine, I'm sure) and our love for Ramsay Street (She's so much like Kate Ramsay!!!)
I'm so sad it is ending but so grateful for what it has given me - a talking point, an escape, a beautiful friendship, a pick me up in the afternoon after some very tough times. Thanks Neighbours

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Does anyone else remember that when Guy Pearce left Neighbours he then played a teacher on Home and Away who got one of his pupils, Sophie pregnant. Sophie was played by Rebekah Elmalogou who plays Terese. He was then killed when his car went down a cliff. How do I even remember these things?!😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
How sweet is Guy Pearce? He’s done this lovely interview where he talks about coming back into the show and wanting to play Sam’s dad as he is a friend of the actress’s family

• Heart
Reactions: 17

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
I thought the last episode was a fitting tribute, a big celebration! You could see and hear how truly emotional Susan was throughout.

I’m glad the “four musketeers of Ramsay Street” were back together at the end :) It was a bit odd with Kylie barely saying anything. But I guess they didn’t want the Kylie/Jason return to take over from the current cast too much. People would have moaned if she’d had too many lines, so they couldn’t win really 🙄 I’m just glad she agreed to come back. I really thought them pulling up and her saying “Home sweet home” would be the last scene, but how they did it with Susan’s monologue was a fitting end. Kind of gave me Desperate Housewives vibes.

Hats off to Guy Pierce though. Didn’t expect him to have such a big role in the final episodes and it was great to see him and Jane together. He didn’t have to go back but it’s so nice that he remembers his roots and clearly enjoyed himself.

Reactions: 16

Em_

VIP Member
I think Jason has been trying to return for Years just they wouldnt do it without Kylie
Guy Pearce though what a Man as wasn't just a quick couple of hours on set & i'm assuming his usual pay rate had many more zeros
I honestly think Guy and Jason weren't that bothered about the money and wanted to say goodbye to the show that made them.
Jason visited the set when Gemma first started, I remember being all excited, but he did say he wouldn't make an appearance without Kylie.

Reactions: 14

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I’ve recorded it and will watch it back a few times as it went to fast. Can properly take in all the old faces then. It was so well done and when they all started saying they weren’t moving it just made me so happy. In my little head they can all still be living in Ramsey street forever.
I’ve watched it since it started on bbc1 tea time, so about 35 years so it’s a big part of my life ended.

• Heart

eyeballs

VIP Member
I think what I loved most about it was that it was like a thank you to the fans. So many surprises, memories, happy storylines, even dead characters coming to say goodbye. They did such a good job, I feel like it was a really good last episode.

• Heart

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I cried so much. Susan was so full of emotion. So glad Paul and Therese got back together. I will have to watch it a few more times as it was too sad to take it all in. Glad they kept Scott and Charlene on the side and the main cast were the focus. I just really hate that it’s ended 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I still can’t believe Neighbours is ending when it’s in far better shape than any of the U.K soaps. The writing and continuity is always top notch, something that Corrie in particular could learn a thing or two from. You don’t see any of the glaring plot holes that you do in Weatherfield or Walford. Maybe the could look into hiring some of their writers and producers as I’m sure they’d do a far better job.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I honestly don't think they could have done any better. What an amazing final episode. It's just so sad. I'm not sure what my evenings look like now.

It's been so nice chatting with you all. Nobody I know in real life watches it, so it's been nice having people who enjoy chatting about the storylines and understand the sadness at it ending.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Raquencha

Chatty Member
It wasn’t dying on its arse at all, like other shows that have been cancelled. It has a strong, loyal fan base. I’m amazed no tv channel couldn’t have renegotiated, slimmed down the show and made it work. It was like no one was really interested.
I was so heartbroken by today. I’ve been pretending it’s not happening, but now it feels so flat.

• Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
I was reading about the channel 5 guy who decided not to renew the contract and he said he could have spent the money but he wanted to make british shows for British people. 😭 what about British people who like a bit of Aussie sun on their tvs daily.
i think I will be sad about this for a long while. I’m still in denial ☹
tomorrow has come round too fast
It shouldn't be up to a UK channel to keep an Australian show running. The show should have worked in their budget better and Australian TV should have cared more about their own show.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Did Kylie only say about four words because that’s all she was paid for? Seems pretty grabby of her if that’s the case. Meanwhile you have Guy Pearce who’s a proper Hollywood star really giving it his all. Makes me think slightly less of her to be honest.

Wood79

Chatty Member
Wonder if Clive's visit to the USA will involve a hook up with Sheila? We never did find out what she had phoned him about that day. Oh well never mind, loved the fact that Mike and Jane are together again..Also loved the fact that Amy might be pregnant.. There was alot of hope and love in that last episode and that is Neighbours for me in a nutshell. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Em_

VIP Member
Thanks to @FijiNour for the thread title.
Screenshot_20220603-163511~2.png

This is the final ever neighbours thread.
I'm going to miss this soap, it's so much better than any UK soaps.

Reactions: 11