Neighbours #2 that’s when good tattlers become good friends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not ashamed to say that I cried, I'm so excited, it's the best news ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We will need a new thread! I know in one way it's exciting in another well even if Jane comes back Mike certainly won't be has bigger fish to fry. That is just one couple I can think of.

Reactions: 4
We will need a new thread! I know in one way it's exciting in another well even if Jane comes back Mike certainly won't be has bigger fish to fry. That is just one couple I can think of.
In real life Rebekah has moved away from Melbourne, hopefully she'll be back with Stefan coming back.
I can't see Guy coming back and it seems a shame to split them up if Annie does comeback. I guess they could write in the final as if it was all a dream, Dallas style

Reactions: 3
She’s moved back to Sydney hasn’t she? She’s been posting loads of pics of her and Paul recently saying how much she missed neighbours which I thought was a bit odd but maybe she knew. If it’s a series does it mean it will be so many episodes then a break? If so maybe she will just live part time in Melbourne. So many questions.

Reactions: 7
Who is going to watch it on there though? Genuinely I think it’s time to let it lie now. As much as I loved it the finale gave proper closure and bringing it back with taint that.

Reactions: 7
She’s moved back to Sydney hasn’t she? She’s been posting loads of pics of her and Paul recently saying how much she missed neighbours which I thought was a bit odd but maybe she knew. If it’s a series does it mean it will be so many episodes then a break? If so maybe she will just live part time in Melbourne. So many questions.
Yes I really hope she comes back as Stefan is, I loved the 2 of them together. I think she still has a son of school age to consider but let's hope she can make it work if that's what she wants. Toadie is coming back and Karl and Susan. I am so excited as I felt cheated a bit as had just got back watching it again the last yr. I hope they can make it work it's not as if loads of time has elapsed in between..They wanted to bring Jane's ex (the father of Nicolette and Byron) in to it wonder if they will now? If Annie wants to come back would be a storyline for her. She might not be back, they could want Jane and Mike to live happily ever after off screen. Who knows? Very exciting especially as Jason Herbison is back behind the scenes.

Who is going to watch it on there though? Genuinely I think it’s time to let it lie now. As much as I loved it the finale gave proper closure and bringing it back with taint that.
That's how I feel. The ending was sad but well written so let sleeping dogs lie. It won't be the same and it's crummy some cast knew in advance to film the video but the rest found out when we did. All cast should have been told in advance. It doesn't sound like Chloe will be back. After the happy ending there is no point bringing Jane back as Mike won't be coming. They will have some stupid reason as to why Scott and Charlene already have moved out of their new house. Nicolette has been writing her own stuff so doesn't need the show anymore. She won't be the only one who's moved on so it will be full of newbies to get used to. The tour over here will probably be cancelled as it will clash with filming the comeback.

Attachments

Ive just bawled my eyes out!

That's how I feel. The ending was sad but well written so let sleeping dogs lie. It won't be the same and it's crummy some cast knew in advance to film the video but the rest found out when we did. All cast should have been told in advance. It doesn't sound like Chloe will be back. After the happy ending there is no point bringing Jane back as Mike won't be coming. They will have some stupid reason as to why Scott and Charlene already have moved out of their new house. Nicolette has been writing her own stuff so doesn't need the show anymore. She won't be the only one who's moved on so it will be full of newbies to get used to. The tour over here will probably be cancelled as it will clash with filming the comeback.
Tbh if they cancel the tour i will be happy as im going to struggle to make it and im hanging on and hanging on in hope i can

I will be watching it... and if all the past ones are om i will watch it from day 1 😂

I know what you are saying. They brought Crossroads back (after a number of yrs) and I didn't watch the new version but it became a bit of a farce and got cancelled after not very long. I am scared that that might happen here. I just hope it doesn't.. I agree the final was so good.

Yes that is not right ref cast. Scott and Charlene never bought a house on Ramsey St they just decided to call for a visit after however many decades absent.

Ive just bawled my eyes out!

Tbh if they cancel the tour i will be happy as im going to struggle to make it and im hanging on and hanging on in hope i can

I will be watching it... and if all the past ones are om i will watch it from day 1 😂
I was watching some old episodes on you tube from someone called "Ben" or his channel was. He has stopped up loading now though, he said once he wasn't a well person so hope he is ok. He has maybe just uploaded all he had or was able to upload.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
IVE JUST HEARD THE NEWS! NEIGHBOURS IS COMING BACK!

Same here. Even though months have gone by, since the finale aired, I still watch clips of the show now. It has such a special place in my heart. Some TV Exec out there, knew the format was too good to let fall by the wayside. Us fans thought for a return, and we’ve got one 😭❤.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm so happy about this!!!!!! I wonder why only Karl, Susan, Toadie and Paul were in the video and rest of the cast found out today - wonder what it means for them! The farewell tour will still go ahead (with a new name) which is great! I hope the new series has subtitles for deaf/hard of hearing, as some streaming isn't great for accessibility - had a look at Freevee and seems to have subtitles on shows so that's positive! Just so happy x

It's a poor look. I suspect even more will speak out about it. It's no way to treat the cast. I don't see David coming back as the actor said he planned on leaving and only stayed because the show was ending.

Screenshot_20221117-120936_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Not sure how I feel about it as the show had such a wonderful ending. I doubt I’ll watch as I didn’t watch it for the last 20 years. Might watch the old episodes though.

It's a poor look. I suspect even more will speak out about it. It's no way to treat the cast. I don't see David coming back as the actor said he planned on leaving and only stayed because the show was ending.

View attachment 1737564
To be honest, I imagine this deal has just been reached and they wanted to announce it themselves before it got leaked by a newspaper like Big Brother’s return was. It’s also worth noting, that production will begin next year, so they’ve got plenty of time to entice some more old faces back for the show’s return. Big Brother’s return was announced in August and they still don’t even have a house or a host yet, and this show was expected to air in Spring 2023!

At least, they’ve got the main four assemble cast coming back, which is more than I could’ve dreamed of. I suppose this puts a halt to any plans of demolishing the old sets.

Also, Im so glad Jason Herbison is returning as producer, so the show will have the same feeling, as it did prior to its axing. I think it’s safe to say, the fans are responsible for this show’s return. They shouted so loudly when the show was axed by Channel 5, which probably made a few TV Execs heads turn, and realise the show is too good to let fizzle away. It did have the perfect ending, but I always said I’d welcome a revival of the show.

Very poor showing if that’s true. I wonder why they are so keen to keep it going? Time to let sleeping dogs lie I think. I remember when Home and Away moved from ITV to C5 and there was a gap of eighteen months before it was shown again. Many people gave up on it in that time. It never regained its UK audience.

Reactions: 10
I’m on the fence because it’s Amazon and I don’t like supporting them in any way unless I’m absolutely desperate but I’m struggling to see how it will be the same show especially if it’s 80% new cast. The revelation that basically none of cast knew doesn’t sit right with me. It’s not a good way to treat people a few emails takes no time at all.

Very poor showing if that’s true. I wonder why they are so keen to keep it going? Time to let sleeping dogs lie I think. I remember when Home and Away moved from ITV to C5 and there was a gap of eighteen months before it was shown again. Many people gave up on it in that time. It never regained its UK audience.
I don’t quite get it either especially as viewing figures down under weren’t that great (and haven’t been for a while) I know that it was partly the channel move but it’s always been my understanding it was playing second fiddle to other soaps like home and away.

Another good thing about Neighbours returning is that it’s now going to be available to watch in the US, meaning it could establish a whole new audience, so it isn’t just reliant on UK viewers to generate ad revenue. Is Amazon Freevee a big streaming platform?

I can remember watching an interview with Stefan Dennis a few months ago, where he said he wanted Neighbours to be the first soap to make the jump to a streaming platform, and then he expressed his disappointment that it wasn’t able to do that. If only we knew this was going to happen!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.