Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
I’ve not committed on this thread before. I’m glad they have found her- or if it’s not her, glad for that person’s family. It would be awful to have no closure.
Poor, lovely lady. Let’s hope she didn’t suffer and is at peace x

Reactions: 7

Chipstiz

The way she died has upset me so much all week and I (obviously) didn't even know her. I can't begin to imagine how much her family and friends are suffering.

• Sad

Chinwag

I am glad they released the footage as they were coming in for a lot of unfair criticism by people that had no idea what their job entailed and how tricky it was.

A few comments from professionals now that she may well never be recovered, which is an unbearable thought for her loved ones.

Gamu

VIP Member
I agree with everyone who has said that this was likely an accident. She seemed to adore her son and I don’t think she would have left him on the boat alone. I just keep thinking how awful her final moments must have been. She would have been so scared not only for herself but for her son too, wondering if he was going to try and climb into the water to find her.

Naya was so talented and had a beautiful voice. it’s a shame that she didn’t do much after Glee.

This is my favourite of her Glee performances.

• Heart

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
I hope this isn't the case but could she have gone there with the intention of killing them both but decided against her son which is why her life jacket was on board.

I pray she is found safe and well.

FlabbyWoofWoof

Those photos of her family in the lake are heartbreaking. They want to feel close to her. I know if my son was lost in the water I would want to be near him too.

Luce0331

VIP Member
I can’t stop thinking about her either and what she must have been thinking during her last moments 😣 I really hope she didn’t suffer too much

• Sad

vikka

VIP Member
I've read an account from another family whose relative also drowned in the lake, they mention whirlpools beneath the surface, could be a possible explanation. The lake is sounding more and more like it's not safe to swim in, makes you wonder why it's still being allowed.
From the start of Naya missing articles have said the lake is dangerous to swim in and that a number of people have died in that lake.

Just because the surface is/looks calm, doesn't mean the waters are safe.

I know a good number of stories of good and experienced swimmers dying in waters. Water is very dangerous.

I am certain it was an accident, like so many others.

Why people need crazy theories for everything that happens is beyond me.

CabbagePatchKid

For someone who wasn’t a Glee fan nor even heard of Naya pre her going missing, I cannot stop thinking about her. It is such a tragedy. Completely devastating accident. I sincerely hope her little boy grows up a strapping young man and this doesn’t have a serious effect on his life, losing his mother so young will always effect him but I mean from a traumatic point of view. 😢

Tea4u

VIP Member
I’ve been listening to Glee all day too. As it’s Cory’s 7th year anniversary since he sadly passed. The lyrics have been breaking my heart especially if I die young😞

• Sad

Lollypad

VIP Member
Given that many of them have asked the cameras to leave the family alone over the last few days, I don’t see it as attention seeking at all.
These poor guys have lost three friends in the last few years (not lumping Mark in with Naya and Corey as it opens a can of worms), I don’t think this can be a show. What a tough day for everyone involved, but mostly Naya’s little boy.

Sandydan

Has anyone seen the cctv of her parking? Seems a little odd, maybe she was under the influence. Heartbreaking.

And she doesn't hold her sons hand on the way to the boats.

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
Is it me or is the pics of her family playing in the lake with other children a bit odd.. they’re all splashing and laughing? Wtf
Yeah.... I couldn’t imagine having a desire to go swimming or splashing around in the same lake whilst your family member is still lost underneath it. But who knows their reasons for doing that 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6

LMPhun

So very sad to see this today. She was my favourite in Glee and I loved her book that came out a few years back. She isn't (because we don't know she's gone yet) an angel by any means, she had her faults, but she really did seem to be getting everything back on track. Such a tragedy if she has lost her life so young, and that poor little boy, regardless of what happens, even if shes fine, he will remember that happening and that fear!

eSsExBiRd

VIP Member
I’m so so sad, I loved her in Glee.

I don’t think she’ll be alive sadly, I wonder if her son has told police what happened for them to stop their search as he was wearing a lifejacket and she left hers on the boat.
They said on Radio 1 this morning that he told them she’d gone for a swim 😢 This is so sad and I don’t believe it will have a positive outcome. I hope this isn’t the case but it’s not looking good😢

• Sad