Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Columbo

VIP Member
Never watched Glee or tbh even heard of this lady until she went missing but it’s just so terribly sad. If this happened to a regular person it would be put down as a tragic accident but once a celebrity is involved people seem hell bent on making it something sinister. I very much doubt a mother would take her child to a lake and let him watch her commit suicide leaving him stranded alone on a boat. Very tragic accident and if it’s true that she died saving her son then she died a hero. RIP Naya ❣

Reactions: 10

KINGAA

VIP Member
Just watched the press livestream, her son said she never went to the shore or made it out of the water, there is not strong currents in the lake but It can be cold and there is a lot of trees and weeds which could cause entanglements. The area where she went missing is 30ft deep and if she’s tangled they may possibly never find her.

They are going to release the 991 call, footage of her on the boat at the dock and footage from the divers to see conditions, they can only see about 15ft

• Sad
  • Wow

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
It's so very sad. My gut instinct is it was accidental, calm looking water is often not what it seems below the surface.

karmacoma

Chatty Member
But the water was so calm and the lake isn’t that big that you wouldn’t notice something odd going on
I think if they don’t find her - Alive or dead - then something dodgy has gone on. They should be able to find a body fairly quickly, in a lake.

conrea37

VIP Member
It seemed inevitable but it’s still very sad to hear this. Her poor son, I hope he will be able to cope with what happened.

• Sad

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I've read an account from another family whose relative also drowned in the lake, they mention whirlpools beneath the surface, could be a possible explanation. The lake is sounding more and more like it's not safe to swim in, makes you wonder why it's still being allowed.

• Sad
  • Wow

KINGAA

VIP Member
I just read her son told the police they were swimming and he got back on the boat but she didn’t although it’s not clear what happened as they said it’s challenging interrogating a 4 year old.

• Sad

Luce0331

VIP Member
Is that not a bit weird, that they are checking around the area? Not just in the lake?
I think they’re only doing it to shut the twitter dickheads up. I’m sure they started a petition for the police to search the land because they can’t accept that she has drowned

openbook1

VIP Member
Why did they even release the cctv footage? I just don't see the point. It's only making people speculate even more...
To me it just seems like a horrible accident. It's so heartbreaking... I just hope that, if she's dead (which at this point, I'm afraid she is), she didn't suffer too much...
I saw the footage they released of the visibility in the water. It is really murky. What an awful job to do. Something about deep murky water really creeps me out.

To cat lady

Chatty Member
I got a funny feeling reading the headlines about this. It seems an odd thing to do to take a small child out on a lake and go swimming........... I instantly thought suicide. Poor little lad, he must have been so scared.
I know somethings not right about it. Surely she wouldn’t of left the boy on the boat (and endanger him falling in) if this was her intention

Bstephxx

Is it me or is the pics of her family playing in the lake with other children a bit odd.. they’re all splashing and laughing? Wtf

willow2012

It is a confusing situation. I know social media can be deceiving but she seemed to love her life and her son so deeply I can’t imagine this being suicide. But who knows. She could have got too cold? Does anyone know what animals live in that lake? Sounds like I’m making leaps here but you never know. I really do feel for that little boy though.... what a strange and scary situation

openbook1

VIP Member
Why did she park so weird. She drives in, is in line with the white markers and then she moves forward and then reverses on an angle. A bit weird. Couldn’t imagine taking my son out there alone but I am terrified of water so I wouldn’t be there in the first place. I hope her son is ok and her family get some answers 😭
I live in North America and it isn't uncommon for people with expensive/big SUVs to park angled so that people can't park next to them and ding their car. It is a dick move but is done. I've seen people park in the middle of the line so they take up two spaces, lol. Gwagon's are expensive so I wouldn't be surprised if that is why she did it. Also, going out to lakes isn't uncommon either, even alone. There are even many suburban communities that have lakes in them.

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
Sounds absolutely horrific. They said she managed to get her son out of the water and on board but when he turned around she had completely disappeared. There’s a possibility that they were both in trouble in the water before she managed to get him to safety - but that’s only speculation.

RIP Naya x

• Sad

gigi_93

VIP Member
Poor Naya :( I hope the people who harassed the police and accused them of not doing their job feel silly now.

Reactions: 9

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I don't think we'll ever know the whole story. But just the thought of meds, alcohol and a small child makes me feel very queasy.

Lollypad

VIP Member
I’m shocked. And I know the Glee thing isn’t a curse, but a show with such young people having such bad outcomes is a bit strange.

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I always find the voyeurism around cases like this distasteful.

Everyone on twitter wanting to have their own theories and making it all about them.i hope she is found soon and her family can have privacy and peace