Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

vikka

VIP Member
Just reading that the little boy saw her go under. Poor thing, I hope he has as much care and support as he needs.

Excuse my ignorance, but it said they were swimming and she was too tired to get on board herself? What would have caused her to tire so much, would it be because they were far away from the boat? Or the conditions? I’ve not swam in a lake before so I’m not sure of the conditions.
Boat may have drifted, though I guess not too much as they found her approx at the location from where she sent her family a pic of her son.
The sheriff said there are under-currents in the afternoon and this happened mid-afternoon, she must've been caught up in that and that exhausted her.

Swimming is extremely exhausting and many swimmers underestimate this, swim far out at the seaside and then don't have the energy to swim back to shore and drown or the currents are too strong and drain too much energy (I know drowning stories from the sea side, the rivers in my home town and lakes, incl people who were excellent swimmers, water is no joke).

If the boat drifted and she got into the currents, then she must've been exhausted.
I think the life jacket would've saved her, had she worn hers.

Her son didn't see her drown, she helped him onto the boat and when he turnt around she was gone.

She grew up near the lake and went often to it, it was said from the start that the lake was "her sanctuary".

They should put up warnings at the lake (if there aren't any), considering that a good number of people have drowned in that lake and it's not really a swimming lake. Though warnings are often ignored...

I am just glad they found her. It gives her loved ones closure.

She may not have been terrified in her last moments. She may have been hopeful and thought she'll make it.

The thing with drowning is, there is no splashing. I see that mentioned here quite a bit, but she wouldn't have splashed. People who drown are very still and barely move. They become exhausted and I suppose "sleepy" and then sink. It's not the spectacle Hollywood has portrayed it as.

Edit: Currents tend to also pull people under. If they don't exhaust you, they just take you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

Bstephxx

Has anyone seen the cctv of her parking? Seems a little odd, maybe she was under the influence. Heartbreaking.

And she doesn't hold her sons hand on the way to the boats.
does that matter? I don’t hold my hands son everywhere lol that doesn’t mean anything

Reactions: 19

ELFILY

VIP Member
I feel like this is reaching a bit, it’s literally a song about the dad killing the mother then putting her body in the water. I feel like “just the two of us” is literally just a caption because it’s them two 🤷🏻‍♀️ I agree with you think it’s just an unfortunate coincidence
Definitely. ‘Just the two of us’ is a very common phase too.

Reactions: 18

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
I don’t think it was suicide. I honestly think it was an accident she’s possibly drowned, been pulled under by a current or maybe even hit her head off the side of the boat on the way down. Unfortunately I think it is highly unlikely she will be found alive

Reactions: 17

Beachbabe

Chatty Member
It’s got to be accidental. If you were going to commit suicide you would do it alone or you would both go together. Unless that’s what she was planning and then bottled taking her son with her at the last minute 🤔

Either way what a sad sad situation.

• Sad
Reactions: 16

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I think it was an accident. If she jumped in and got tangled that could easily explain why she couldn’t come up. Or she hit her head, etc. Her parking was a bit odd but some people just don’t park well or maybe she could never park properly? I don’t think that should become the focus but I understand why people are asking these questions because they don’t have a body yet or an autopsy done.
Credit to all the volunteers who do these search and rescue missions. I could never take part, must be so difficult for them.

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
The part in the press conference where they said she had enough strength to get her son back in the boat but not herself broke me what a horrible accident

• Sad

Rubywoooo

Chatty Member
Absolutely awful, I know people are posting on social media praying for her to be found safe and well but I don’t think it seems very likely unfortunately 😞 heartbreaking for her poor son

• Sad
Reactions: 15

bubbadabut

VIP Member
This is really sad. Her little boy must be traumatised. I live next to a large lake and there are warnings all around it not to swim, but people do and people die in there regularly. People think that because it's a lake the water is still, but it is so deep and there are very strong currents underneath the surface that will just pull you under.

• Sad
Reactions: 14

Louweze88

💔 drowning is my biggest fear, the thought of her terror knowing she was in trouble and he was on the boat. Poor little love

• Sad

KINGAA

VIP Member
I can’t stop thinking about her son, it’s so sad 😥
Same and her, I just know she would of been so scared and to think they still haven’t found her is just.......to be honest I’ve barely ate all day I feel sick to my stomach. I felt like this over Caroline Flack just so so so unexpected and tragic. I keep refreshing everything.

I hope her son had no idea about what was going on that maybe she went for a long swim underwater.

• Heart
  • Haha

Chipstiz

I don't understand why this autopsy information has even been released tbh. Feels completely intrusive.

Reactions: 13

KINGAA

VIP Member
Hopefully her family may be able to get her son to open up a bit more about what happened. Like was she splashing etc. I have to say personally drowning and fire are the two things I’m most scared of because, there’s nothing you can do. The poor woman must of been so so so scared but he got back on board so she must of done a good thing!

Its_Me

VIP Member
Sad to read she had appetite suppressants in her system, not that it contributed to anything other than she was tiny, but still felt under pressure to stay slim.
I know what you mean it made me feel a pang of sadness too. Her little boys account of her last moments and her putting her hand up is devastating I feel heartbroken for him no child should have to witness and recount that.

• Sad

Bstephxx

I was shocked reading about this this morning. I absolutely love Naya she was my favourite in glee as well and I feel I can somewhat relate to her. The whole thing is heartbreaking and I’ve been checking the news all day for any updates. I will be so sad if they find her body, and as for the poor little boy too, he was found asleep on the boat by himself by another person on a boat. Just makes me so sad. If you have kids I’d definitely hug them a little tighter today. X

spilleroftea

VIP Member
Naya if dead is really sad.

Mark Sailing after what he did killing himself isnt a curse. Disgusting man.

Corey Monteith who had Drug and Alcohol addiction, again not really a curse.

Reactions: 12