Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I fully agree about roadside shrines and things. Years ago, people mourned in graveyards. Today things are very different.

We mourn much more publicly, I guess.

Reactions: 1

openbook1

VIP Member
To my knowledge they can find out if the persons cause of death was drowning or not. So even if she did eventually drown there are ways of finding out If that’s the cause of death or not

Desperately hope she’s still alive somehow tho :(
I guess if she hit her head on something, there could be signs of trauma etc.

vikka

VIP Member
From the press conference:

[...] Former Glee star Naya Rivera might have helped save her 4-year-old son Josey's life before her death, Ventura County Sheriff Bill Ayub said in a news conference Monday. Ayub confirmed that Rivera's body was found early Monday morning at about 9:10, floating in the northeastern area of Lake Piru, a reservoir in Los Padres National Forest. Rivera went missing Wednesday afternoon.

When employees at the lake found Rivera's boat Wednesday, Josey was asleep inside, wearing his life jacket. Rivera's life jacket was in the boat, but Rivera could not be found. Josey told investigators he was swimming with his mother, but it is not clear how Josey got back in the boat. "It would be speculation to say at this point. There are a lot of currents on the lake that appear particularly in the afternoon," Ayab explained. He said the boat may have started drifting, as it was not anchored. Rivera might have "mustered enough energy to get her son back on the boat, but not enough to save herself," Ayab said.

Earlier in the news conference, Ayab confirmed swimming is allowed in the lake, but most people visit for watercraft recreation. Authorities focused their search in the northeastern part of the lake for the past five days, but could not locate the body due to the poor visibility and heavy underwater shrubbery. According to Ayab, the reason why they found the body floating Monday may be due to decomposition, as the gas filling the body caused it to rise to the surface. The body looked like it had been in the water "for several days." [...]

Vanillaco

VIP Member
the boat drifted and she got into the currents, then she must've been exhausted.
I think the life jacket would've saved her, had she worn hers.
I wonder whether she thought it would be easier to hold onto her son if she didn't have her life jacket on. Two people with life jackets on would make it hard to hold onto a 4 year old. If shed regularly gone onto the lake she could have got complacent about the dangers. What an awful tragedy.
There is a dreadful blind on cdan about her put up after she disappeared. I hope they have the decency to take it down but its run by bots so probably not.

Sogdhitalley

VIP Member
Likely a reach but I saw someone say, what if she and her son were both in the water. When she was lifting him back into the boat, he kicked up and kicked her. Could you imagine?
That could be very likely you know 😳

Do we know if she had the life jacket on at any time? Could it be that she took it off as it got in the way when lifting her son back on to the boat (that's if he was in the water at any time of course)

Last edited:

Gamu

VIP Member
"she had enough energy to get her son back on the boat, but not herself.:cry:

This is so tragic and awful, her poor family and son. RIP Naya.

openbook1

VIP Member
It must have been hard for the investigators trying to "interview" her son although I guess they are trained for that.

• Sad

KINGAA

VIP Member
Ah I see.

I was looking at updates on twitter but had to stop. I used to love twitter but it is a cesspool of idiots all screaming that the police aren't doing enough, they should be searching land etc. Sure most of them are bots.
He’s there and is giving good information. The fans are just making it up.

Bstephxx

That’s the link for the press conference which is 10pm uk time (I think).
I’m so sad I’ve shed a few tears as well. I really looked up to her x

• Heart

Belulah

VIP Member
Oh of course, I completely agree. I just meant that I think the Twitter mob would come for her if she made a statement* saying “you never liked her anyway” and if she didn’t say anything, would come for her saying “don’t you even care??”

*I know nothing has been confirmed but I have a horrible feeling it’s going to be sad news
I think Lea will be best to release a short statement concentrating on Naya as a mother and a talented actress. It’s all so sad.

Cucumber and eggs

VIP Member
If it was suicide, why would she take her son with her? That doesn’t seem logical. He could have drowned or come to some harm while waiting to be found.

That to me indicates it was some sort of accident.
Maybe she knew he would be found, whereas at home it may go unnoticed for days leaving him on his own. I thought suicide initially but now I just think it was an accident or maybe drugs/alcohol involved.

presumably she jumped in the water first to check it was ok, and she planned to get him to follow her, but according to her son, she never surfaced.

Sounds like she was being a responsible mum to me, literally testing the water before he got in. She may have lost her life but by going in first without him, she’s likely saved his.
He/she could have dropped something in the water which is why she went in and not him