Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
She said she didn’t feel loke training then she runs ultra then again says she hasn’t trained and then posts a video at the gym- I am super confused. Also she is definitely obsessive around working out which has been common for many ED people. Plus food challenges, eating like her boyfriend, upping calories don’t seem healthy

Reactions: 7

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
So, what did everyone think of her long aawaited video?

Out of context, I loved it; Natacha benig Natacha and doing something totaally mental "just cause". I thought it was fun and it put me in a good mood. But in the back of my mind, I could not stop thinking about her radio-silence of the past 5 or so months and lack of explanation/acknowledgement of it in her come baack video, and it left a bit of a bitter aafter taste, so to speak.

It's really nice to see someone being able to get back to amazing performance and physical heaaalth after an injury thoough, always encouraging. I hope she talks about the whole process, herr healing, how to deal with it mentally. It's a very important parrt of health in generaal but obviously fitness/sport/exercise, caause it can throw someone off the rrails completely.

I do kind of agree with you. This video was exactly why I fell in love with her channel. There was a bit of a a "didn't train, got second" humblebrag vibe, which personally I found a bit annoying cos I always feel like I have to work way harder than everyone else to just be mediocre and she's just out here getting phds and winning ironmen races.

And i agree, some acknowledgment past "it's been a while" would have nice.

TamaraSz

As much as we could judge based on her videos, she is a very nice, real, genuine, pleasant person. She was one of my favorite yt-ers. However, the person we believe she is would not just disappear into thin air without saying a word to her subscribers and followers. She even called her viewers her family ... So, to be honest, if she is just simply too busy or got fed up with the influencer life and decided to call it quits without letting people know, she's not the person we thought she was. Still, I hope nothing bad happened to her :(.

Nothanx

I agree. Natacha is one of the very few influencers who actually give me hope for myself in the future. She inspires me to be healthy in every way possible - healthy relationship with food & exercise, healthy romantic relationship, etc.

Westeryonder21

I think she is genuinely lovely, a nice girl who clearly works hard. Her videos are very good.

I've thought from the start this over exercise is just a new form of her ED from the past, she eats enough which is great but she is always very lean she rarely "bulks". The 24hour run made me emotional but she said at the start she would have 'no expectations' then continued to comment on how she isn't doing as well as she wanted and pushing hard at the end to try and get more miles in. Why say she doesn't mind how she does when she was visibly gutted to not reach 100miles despite the fact what she did anyway was insane.
Once she gets an idea in her head she HAS to complete it, which worked out for the ironman but didn't help her here IMO, needed to take it much gentler.

Lilac Wine

I think the problem is that now she is financially independent and her channel has run its course, she lacks a sense of purpose. She has been trying all kinds different hobbies over the last few years, like sewing and crafts and now ultra marathons but they aren’t giving her a purpose and she is lost. She doesn’t know how to fill her days and she definitely doesn’t know what kinds of videos to make.

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
When I looked up their company a few months ago I saw that their partners own health clubs and might be Indian.

He has some posts from Dubai recently

The health club

Hope this helps. It’s super weird how she has totally abandoned her own business. I’ve been following her since about 10k and it’s very unusual for her to disappear for this long 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
That wasn’t a race though, that was just an ad for shoes, shes now doing an actual event.
Yeah, I guess it just seems like using a technicality? Because she did try to run 100 miles before and seemed kinda surprised that she didn't finish it because she had the impression her overall fitness would carry her through it. But maybe she's just my BEC at this point haha.

hdavidthrow

was this her business thing of being trained by celebrities? I am glad she admitted it as you say, but if it was this one there is no surprise it failed, was a bizarre idea...
Yeah I believe so. To me it sort of seems like they may have entered a market they didn’t understand? It looked like their business partner was probably the one with the idea & they seemed to have been under the false impression it was going to go over big in India. Now what they *should* have done is an app where kpop stars teach dances 😆

• Haha

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
She seems to have just done the same video 3 times. Fat loss. I guess those are among her most viewed in the past and she's trying to get people interested again.

Marinium

I agree she shouldn’t be the face of it and she definitely may overstep in her role, but also… there aren’t really more qualified large platform people making the content she makes? She always defers on diet topics to RDs, and encourages people to follow experts in the fields she talks about. Idk, she’s a hell of a lot more qualified to speak on the science than basically anyone else I see in the fitness space. There is room for science communicators, which is a skill that a lot of actual scientists do not have or do not have the time to develop.

Again, I do not idolize her at all and I have multiple problems with her platform. I just don’t “get” this particular criticism so much.
Agree with this one.
I think what she does -interpreting scientific studies to lay audience- is a very underrated subject. As a scientist myself, in my MSc degree we had a whole module in outreach and how to deliver scientific info in lay language. Cause so many scientists are just locked in their labs, when actually they could really make a difference by replacing all the misinformation provided everywhere with actually science based info.
And you don’t actually have to be expert in one particular field to understand it, there is some overlap, and one trained to interpret scientific studies in one domain can actually interpret in many more fields. Not being an expert in the field (which tbf to her, she’s not claiming to be), but in delivering the studies in simple terms, she clearly can do that.

Phillipa78

Chatty Member
Has anyone watched her new video?

I sympathise with her having stomach issues and having to 'quit' because of an issue that (I'd assume) is out of her control. But I didn't really understand when she said that training was interrupting her normal life too much. I don't know what she was expecting. Surely injuries, gut problems, and balancing training with other responsibilities is part of the challenge of ultra running?

I don't know, I think she's sometimes overconfident and overestimates her abilities. It's ok to not be the best at everything. Her relationship with exercise doesn't seem very healthy anymore.
I agree. I hope she recovers, but I don't know what she was thinking having done a month of designing her training without eating, to then enter another 100-miler. It's such a common issue in these kinds of races.
And yes, who does endurance race training alongside a job/family commitments without expecting it to be inconvenient?! I think the narrative was a little off there.

Slaybutter

VIP Member
I believe she’s mentioned that her studies were about proteins, like how muscle rebuilds or something? But down to the microscopic level like that, I’m not surprised she was bored AF and hated it. Being interested in STEM subjects in a big picture way does notttt = being interested in studying the nitty gritty for years 😬
Studying protein molecules is very removed from what she makes out on her channel that she’s qualified to have an opinion on. Ie, she said that she left Gym Shark because some of the trainers on their platform were mistaken about the literature in sports science and nutrition. I thought she was referring to material she covered in the degree she left. That’s not the case, though.

Last edited:

Gh0sts

I really hope she's okay. She's genuinely one of two YouTubers I actually enjoy watching and find her so refreshing and genuine in the oversaturated stale influencer world and her videos actually encouraged me to get active and healthy.

emm

VIP Member
What is the company's name? :) If they just launched, that would explain her absence, I suppose.. Not a great plan to not post on social media for 2+ months, but oh well.. For all we know, she doesn't want to be an influencer-influencer anymore.
it annoys me when influencers do this tbh, you have basically built your career on it andthen just rejecting it and ignoring your fans

• Heart

hdavidthrow

I agree she shouldn’t be the face of it and she definitely may overstep in her role, but also… there aren’t really more qualified large platform people making the content she makes? She always defers on diet topics to RDs, and encourages people to follow experts in the fields she talks about. Idk, she’s a hell of a lot more qualified to speak on the science than basically anyone else I see in the fitness space. There is room for science communicators, which is a skill that a lot of actual scientists do not have or do not have the time to develop.

Again, I do not idolize her at all and I have multiple problems with her platform. I just don’t “get” this particular criticism so much.

danish101

Aside from that, it’s an interesting choice to use Indian actresses/celebrities for the app. She seems clued into how big the un-captured market share of people that would follow these women would be. However, as someone as said prior it’s pretty strange considering they aren’t trained PTs to my knowledge. Very business savvy - not very “aligned” with what seemed to be her business values.
Well, her business partners are Indian/of Indian descent, and own a gym in London + are PTs (one of them already works with Indian stars). So I would imagine the workouts are not created by the celebrities, thankfully.
Given the accent of the women involved, the market is very much geared towards India, not something world-wide right now (I very much doubt an app with heavily accented Indian women would be successful in the US for example). From a quick look at their instagram accounts, the celebrities seem to be living in India as well. I guess not making Natacha and Mario's roles public could be partly because then the app might be construed as geared towards the UK or the rest of the world, when currently, it's not (although, I'm guessing they're counting on the Indian diaspora everywhere). Perhaps, culturally, it's something that is perfect for India, but not in our countries (or at least, the countries of those of us who don't understand the concept). Maybe if the app is successul long-term, they'll bring the idea to other places, with local celebrities. I can't see this thing working in my own country, that's why I'm thinking it might be better suited to India. Or maybe, they are just creating something completely niche that will take the world up by storm! And soon, we'll be able to workout with Chris Hemsworth or Zendaya!

View attachment 693141

All sounds a bit vague to me, but glad she's alive - I miss her IG HIIT workouts!
Yep, glad she's alive and as far as we're told, nothing horrible happened, but I'm with you on the vagueness. She had already said, in one of her last videos, or last insta post, that she was preparing a video that requires a lot of work. And then she was gone for almost 4 months. Now that she's posted this, touching on some difficulties she's faced (enough for us to feel close to her), thanking everyone for their love, she's good for another 4 months before she's forced to come back for another update post!

I love her content, the personality she's showed, but "influencers" have a knack for being shifty... As someone else mentioned, the app she's a director for just does not align with what she's told us before, focusing on performance and health rather than calories. I'll wait to get my hopes up.

Last edited:

Hc68759

VIP Member
I remember someone saying on an old gurugossip thread that Mario comes from an extremely wealthy family. Multimillionaires! So maybe he has a huge inheritance or something and has money to burn