Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Marinium

I hope she is well.
I feel like Natacha has changed dramatically since her first 2-3 years, first physically with all the Botox and whatever else she’s done plus the weight loss but secondly her videos became 100% performative compared to her more genuine personality that we all loved in the beginning, and all this makes me think that something’s off and there are a lot of background issues that she doesn’t wanna talk about.
As most of us, I used to love her and anticipate her weekly videos back 4-5 years ago which is obviously not the case anymore. I hope she manages to address whatever’s troubling her.

Reactions: 10

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I don't like how she did no training for it though. It's not a good example to set that she's constantly pushing herself insanely hard on huge impressive sounding things that she hasn't trained for at all.

Reactions: 9
I absolutely love natacha, ive watched her for years now and she’s nothing but positive in this egotistical fitness influencer world. she really makes time for her followers and makes genuinely good, interesting and thoughtful videos! it’s nice to see her being able to do something outside of being an “instagrammer” too with her business!
overall she’s just my absolute fave

TamaraSz

I think this post of hers was just to throw something out there to put out the fire. I would be surprised if she started to be active on yt again and prepare videos.

• Heart

Sheabutter

VIP Member
I do kind of agree with you. This video was exactly why I fell in love with her channel. There was a bit of a a "didn't train, got second" humblebrag vibe, which personally I found a bit annoying cos I always feel like I have to work way harder than everyone else to just be mediocre and she's just out here getting phds and winning ironmen races.

And i agree, some acknowledgment past "it's been a while" would have nice.
I felt like she was trying to blow past that by uploading the style of video that her audience ostensibly wants. I didn’t enjoy watching it which is new for a Natacha video. This challenge she set for herself felt kind of pointless because she’s spoken in the past about how in the history of her physical and mental health, the triathlon was actually a low point. Also, the leg compression things seemed like sponsored content. Weird.

LucilleSi

what was her reason for leaving?
She couldn't stay with a brand which has so many athletes (influencets) doing the "pseudo-science shitty false-promise" weightloss/fitness programs because she wouldn't want to be put in the same "category" of fitness influencers.

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
Idk though… if she’s a history of having an eating disorder then how do we know if she’s just not switched one extreme to another?
This is what I think. She's basically punishing herself through running, the same way someone with an ED might punish themselves over food. There was no training, it was all supposed to be mental fortitude. At the end, she talked about wanting to do better....and didn't mention training at all. She seems to truly think that if she's just positive enough, she can waddle through 100 miles. Not that 89 miles is nothing BY ANY MEANS, but she looked uncomfortable starting just a couple hours in. She wasn't in shape for this at all. I'm all for pushing yourself mentally but this was so far beyond that.

And wearing shoes that aren't even known to be good running shoes, which you've never used previously, that still look brand new, is just a whole level of idiocy I can't comprehend. She raved at the end about how it was great to do things like this because her injury taught her to do things because you never know when that might be taken from you. Ma'am this absurd publicity stunt is just BEGGING for another such injury to take you out for months.

Slaybutter

VIP Member
It was not about Lululemon for me, I don't have strong opinions about them, but about how she did the whole thing, and it felt really shady. If I'm gonna watch an ad, I wanna know very specifically that it is, which is why I like the creators that do an ad break, and announce it at the start.
---
Natacha can be really sneaky with her ads. There’s a really awkward pudding one that she shoe horned into her What I Eat In a Day while in Australia at the veeeeery end of the video.

• Wow

ellamae

Chatty Member
Natacha used to be my all time favourite YouTuber. Her attitude helped me overcome serious issues with my diet&exercise and, as a scientist myself, I genuinely loved that she wasn’t spreading bullshit and misinformation.
But I can’t help but feel that something has significantly changed. All this Botox first and foremost, her face looks completely different to what I was used to, and I can’t help but feel that she let herself (and a good chunk of her followers) down by doing it.
Also she doesn’t seem as genuine anymore, someone commented a little while ago that it’s all performance these days and I only agree unfortunately. It’s all fantastically edited and everything, but hardly any of those moments are genuine anymore- which was the most important reason I was attracted to her channel in the first place.
Anyway, I hope she is in a good mental headspace herself at least.
For me I switched off when I found about the secretive app business she was involved in. I think she’s insanely performative and since I’ve noticed more and more issues with her and her content eg Botox

TamaraSz

Someone said they saw both her and Mario working out at the gym a few days ago. Um.. and she's too busy to take 2 minutes out of her day to post a "I'm alive, just taking a break" post or instastory when there are hundreds of her followers actually concerned for her? Natacha, you suck and your nice persona is just that - a persona.
She took the easy way out now I am sure of it ... It is easier to simply disappear than to make a vid explaining forever good bye, fans, I do not need you any more and I am just fed up with being an influencer. She developed her new businesses successfully, thanks to her follower base and as these are going well I suppose, she doesn't need to make any more efforts to produce videos - towards the end she started to post fewer videos, 1-2 months apart. Calling her followers her fam and pretending she cared was most probably a carefully designed business plan :D.

Reactions: 8

hdavidthrow

All of her science explained videos go through the academic papers she is basing her opinions on. Personally I feel she is well qualified to read those and interpret them. Her background is even more technical than (and is the building blocks for) most of the topics she discusses, so she should understand them at a very advanced level. Again, not saying i trust her implicitly, but I do think her scientific quals are pretty solid.

Now whether she’s qualified to write exercise programs is another question, which I don’t know the answer to. It seems very possibly not.

Slaybutter

VIP Member
Today I learned biophysics is not in any way at all related to exercise science & physical education 😖 What a letdown.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Marinium

A Bollywood star dance fitness app or something? It went under I believe.
---
Personally, I don’t care about the Botox or plastic surgery/whatever. I don’t think it suits her but she’s free to do whatever she wants with her face. She’s not promoting skincare or something where it might creep into false advertising category.
No, but on the other side she has been praising health and performance and feeling good within yourself, which all go hand in hand with feeling good with your face and body changing and growing I’d say.
Also if you look back in so many of her previous videos she used to say “how I look is the least important thing about me”, and I used to really admire her for that. Also she would do almost everything in front of the camera with hardly any makeup.
I do appreciate it must be very hard as an influencer not to fall into the trap of wanting to look pretty and young, and no one is flawless, I’m just disappointed that she couldn’t prevent this happening.

alwaysdreaming

Chatty Member
You know I also wonder if she’s ok herself ? It’s so strange to be silent for so long right. Not even a quick post to acknowledge she’s staying off social media. I really hope she’s ok.

emm

VIP Member
Not sure if this has already been said on this thread, but does anyone know what Natacha’s new project is that she’s working on?
something that has (seem ot be) based in Dubai which, in my mind, as a place built bascially on slave labour and the opression of women's rights is not a good place to work tbh

• Heart
As much as we could judge based on her videos, she is a very nice, real, genuine, pleasant person. She was one of my favorite yt-ers. However, the person we believe she is would not just disappear into thin air without saying a word to her subscribers and followers. She even called her viewers her family ... So, to be honest, if she is just simply too busy or got fed up with the influencer life and decided to call it quits without letting people know, she's not the person we thought she was. Still, I hope nothing bad happened to her :(.
Just my opinion, but I've always felt this wall between Natacha and her viewers.. She joined youtube somewhat late, after the platform was seen as more of a potential career more so than anything else (hobby, creative outlet, etc). I've always felt her videos and instagram posts are extremely well-planned, controlled and edited, to the point that they seem less down to Earth and genuine, if that makes sense. It seems to be that she's been extremely careful not to share too much of herself and her private life since day 1. All of this is fine, but on the other hand she's simultaneously tried to foster a very close relationship with her viewers (like calling them her family), which is obiously great for business. We also shouldn't forget that she initally became popular from doing 10k kcal challenges... which is not a great origin story (and she still hasn't deleted them..). :confused:

But I still hope she's doing okay! And kudos to her for prioritising her mental health! ❤ But honestly, I think she views youtube mostly as a pay check , and now that she has so many other options she might tap out. She's obviously doing great economically speaking.

danish101

Wasn't the 50k thing basically an ad for some shoes? Not sure if I'm remembering it wrong but I remember she did it wearing shoes ahe had barely worn before
Yes, Lululemon. It was placed towards the end of the video I think. I felt a bit tricked personally, I much prefer creators that make it obvious it's a sponsored video, by saying it at the beginning and having an "ad break" within the video itself, instead of trying to make it look seamless.

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
All fitness influencers seem to end up at this point where they've exhausted all possible content. They all seem to just do reaction content after that. There's only so many different ways you can talk about CICO and progressive overload.