Natacha Oceane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn't the 50k thing basically an ad for some shoes? Not sure if I'm remembering it wrong but I remember she did it wearing shoes ahe had barely worn before
Yes, Lululemon. It was placed towards the end of the video I think. I felt a bit tricked personally, I much prefer creators that make it obvious it's a sponsored video, by saying it at the beginning and having an "ad break" within the video itself, instead of trying to make it look seamless.

Reactions: 8
Yes, Lululemon. It was placed towards the end of the video I think. I felt a bit tricked personally, I much prefer creators that make it obvious it's a sponsored video, by saying it at the beginning and having an "ad break" within the video itself, instead of trying to make it look seamless.
ugh i really hope i do not come off patronizing but i kinda liked this deal with lululemon. they are doing a lot of research plus donating a ton for endometriosis research. despite the sus i guess overall it comes out fairly ok, considering some other influencers.

i do, however, see a lot of restrictive and problematic tendencies in other areas she does (mainly eating, also another one of those low cal meal people).

Reactions: 2
Also I kind of feel ultra/any kind of distance running doesn't really fit with Lululemon overall. They are a fashion sports brand, who do some things really well. But they're not really a running brand, particularly for shoes. And I've not seen anything else where they're particularly been trying to break in to the ultra world (and I doubt most serious runners would take them seriously... maybe the insta runners) so I just wonder what they want to achieve with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wasn't the 50k thing basically an ad for some shoes? Not sure if I'm remembering it wrong but I remember she did it wearing shoes ahe had barely worn before
I think that was the 100 miler attempt. That was an ad for Lululemon shoes. As far as I know the 50k was unsponsored/unaffiliated and was just something she genuinely wanted to do for a challenge. (But I could be mistaken and have missed a sponsorship in the 50k video, too.)
---
Also I kind of feel ultra/any kind of distance running doesn't really fit with Lululemon overall. They are a fashion sports brand, who do some things really well. But they're not really a running brand, particularly for shoes. And I've not seen anything else where they're particularly been trying to break in to the ultra world (and I doubt most serious runners would take them seriously... maybe the insta runners) so I just wonder what they want to achieve with this.
I don't know that they even asked her to do an ultra, it seemed to me like she wasn't required to run any particular distance and could have done something much smaller. But I agree, that type of activity doesn't fit with their brand at ALL imo.

Reactions: 5
ugh i really hope i do not come off patronizing but i kinda liked this deal with lululemon. they are doing a lot of research plus donating a ton for endometriosis research. despite the sus i guess overall it comes out fairly ok, considering some other influencers.
It was not about Lululemon for me, I don't have strong opinions about them, but about how she did the whole thing, and it felt really shady. If I'm gonna watch an ad, I wanna know very specifically that it is, which is why I like the creators that do an ad break, and announce it at the start.
---
I think that was the 100 miler attempt. That was an ad for Lululemon shoes. As far as I know the 50k was unsponsored/unaffiliated and was just something she genuinely wanted to do for a challenge. (But I could be mistaken and have missed a sponsorship in the 50k video, too.)
Oh yeah, maybe. It was in the US. I don't remember much about it.

Reactions: 5
It was not about Lululemon for me, I don't have strong opinions about them, but about how she did the whole thing, and it felt really shady. If I'm gonna watch an ad, I wanna know very specifically that it is, which is why I like the creators that do an ad break, and announce it at the start.
---
Natacha can be really sneaky with her ads. There’s a really awkward pudding one that she shoe horned into her What I Eat In a Day while in Australia at the veeeeery end of the video.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Natacha can be really sneaky with her ads. There’s a really awkward pudding one that she shoe horned into her What I Eat In a Day while in Australia at the veeeeery end of the video.
Seriously? I'm so disappointed. I don't watch all her videos anymore, because I'm not invested in her as a person anymore, specifically for all these issues, and yet, I'm still disappointed...

Reactions: 1
Ok I'm super late with this (it was posted way back in March but I unfollowed her on Insta a long time ago), but it's weird to me that she calls this her first 100 miler when she was definitely trying to do an unofficial 100 miler with that Lululemon ad in Las Vegas, she just didn't actually succeed. Probably a minor nitpick but it just seems like she's sort of ignoring her whole motivation going into training which was that the first attempt went badly and she realized she'd have to actually train for it.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Ok I'm super late with this (it was posted way back in March but I unfollowed her on Insta a long time ago), but it's weird to me that she calls this her first 100 miler when she was definitely trying to do an unofficial 100 miler with that Lululemon ad in Las Vegas, she just didn't actually succeed. Probably a minor nitpick but it just seems like she's sort of ignoring her whole motivation going into training which was that the first attempt went badly and she realized she'd have to actually train for it.
That wasn’t a race though, that was just an ad for shoes, shes now doing an actual event.

That wasn’t a race though, that was just an ad for shoes, shes now doing an actual event.
Yeah, I guess it just seems like using a technicality? Because she did try to run 100 miles before and seemed kinda surprised that she didn't finish it because she had the impression her overall fitness would carry her through it. But maybe she's just my BEC at this point haha.

Reactions: 7
I hope she is well.
I feel like Natacha has changed dramatically since her first 2-3 years, first physically with all the Botox and whatever else she’s done plus the weight loss but secondly her videos became 100% performative compared to her more genuine personality that we all loved in the beginning, and all this makes me think that something’s off and there are a lot of background issues that she doesn’t wanna talk about.
As most of us, I used to love her and anticipate her weekly videos back 4-5 years ago which is obviously not the case anymore. I hope she manages to address whatever’s troubling her.

Reactions: 10
I hope she is well.
I feel like Natacha has changed dramatically since her first 2-3 years, first physically with all the Botox and whatever else she’s done plus the weight loss but secondly her videos became 100% performative compared to her more genuine personality that we all loved in the beginning, and all this makes me think that something’s off and there are a lot of background issues that she doesn’t wanna talk about.
As most of us, I used to love her and anticipate her weekly videos back 4-5 years ago which is obviously not the case anymore. I hope she manages to address whatever’s troubling her.
Didn't she start a business that mysteriously went bust? Maybe she lost a lot of money.

Didn't notice any botox? Anyone got before and after photos

Ew wtf:

She’s clearly orthorexic and there’s just something really non genuine about her.

Reactions: 1
Didn't she start a business that mysteriously went bust? Maybe she lost a lot of money.

Didn't notice any botox? Anyone got before and after photos
Tried to get her raising her eyebrows in both pics, but there is a significant difference. No shame in getting botox, I'd get some if I could afford it!

Before:

before.jpg

After:

after.jpg

• Wow
I miss her content, she was one of the few fitness influencers that had some common sense and did hybrid training.

Reactions: 4
I got home from a big gym session last night and ended up watching her latest "100 mile" video while I was looking for something else. As I was shovelling in spaghetti Bolognese, I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. I will spoiler this in case anyone who hasn't watched it yet, doesn't want to see.

She has THREE race attempts. 1st one in Aus. Twists her ankle and drops out. 2nd one, she flies to the US. Drops out, can't even remember why. Her guts fall out? Not sure. 3rd one, flies back to the US. Gets cold and wet. Drops out within 20 miles of the end.
I have hardly watched any of her recent content. The last one I saw was the 24hr run in Las Vegas. She just doesn't seem to be enjoying it? As people have commented upthread, the privilege is off the scale.

I got home from a big gym session last night and ended up watching her latest "100 mile" video while I was looking for something else. As I was shovelling in spaghetti Bolognese, I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. I will spoiler this in case anyone who hasn't watched it yet, doesn't want to see.

She has THREE race attempts. 1st one in Aus. Twists her ankle and drops out. 2nd one, she flies to the US. Drops out, can't even remember why. Her guts fall out? Not sure. 3rd one, flies back to the US. Gets cold and wet. Drops out within 20 miles of the end.
I have hardly watched any of her recent content. The last one I saw was the 24hr run in Las Vegas. She just doesn't seem to be enjoying it? As people have commented upthread, the privilege is off the scale.
I think her reasons for these mad challenges are rooted in ED behaviour and not by any real ability or talent
---
I miss her content, she was one of the few fitness influencers that had some common sense and did hybrid training.
I think she just knew the right things to say tbh. She lost all credibility when she went silent and launched that weird app privately that went against everything she preached. She played her followers for money.

Reactions: 13
What annoys me is that she posted this 100 mile video when she did so she could then post her ad shilling her guides for Black Friday without looking like she’s just back on Youtube for the money.

Obviously, she makes loads from her guides and that’s fine but she doesn’t produce content anymore unless she has a sale coming up. I’m sure she’ll now disappear again until the next guide sale.

If she doesn’t want to do YouTube anymore then she should disappear for good. She has clearly made millions from it already, she should just retire gracefully rather than pretending to care about her audience.

Reactions: 16
I agree with you all - she seems to have lost all passion for what she's doing which is really sad as she used to be a ray of sunshine. Even her Black Friday video recently was a cop-out - she used to give us a free taster of one of the workouts during these Black Friday videos so I was waiting for a taster of a mobility/stretching routine during the Youtube video and there wasn't one.

Maybe I'm entitled to expect free routines, but that's what I've come to expect from Natacha. New workout guide = free workout routine to get an idea of what the guide is like. But this year, nothing, just shilling her guides that she's already made a ton of money from.

There's something off about her now and I wish she would just tell us the truth about what's really happening - she used to be very open about everything until that dodgy fitness app.

Reactions: 18