Naomiella21 #5 reluctant mum? Relatable hun lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think something will be said to her about his speech once he starts school. Hopefully he will get some extra help with that. I’m
Surprised the nanny hasn’t said anything but maybe it’s not her place I don’t know.
I’m a nanny myself and I personally would work with the parents and how they feel about it/if they mention it or use you as a soundboard for their concerns etc, unless it was getting really out of hand obviously then I would make some suggestions. When I started working for my current family the eldest boy was non verbal at 3 but because they’d never experienced this before/having a kid before and they didn’t have friends with young kids, they thought it was semi normal - after discussions with me and some others they eventually got him diagnosed ASD at 4.5.

Perhaps similarly, Naomi genuinely does see no concern with his speech or development? I’ve got to be honest and say I’ve not really sat and listened to all her stories but she doesn’t strike me as the type to not be on these things. The dummy obviously didn’t help much but how much your speech is hindered isn’t just based on dummies it’s like 100 other processes going on too.

There’s a lovely quote at my sons nursery, something a long the lines of “popcorn cornels are all put in the pan at the same time, some of them pop quicker than others. Similar to your children, don’t compare the speed at which they do something to those around them, your child will have their “pop” in their own time”. I think it’s probably true of most kids no matter how much time/effort/love/affection/anything you do/don’t put into them, maybe Cass is just excelling in other things at the moment we don’t see? I dunno, it’s a tough one, I would just hope if there is a problem she’s not leaving it for school to sort out because people that do that are the WORST kind of parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m a nanny myself and I personally would work with the parents and how they feel about it/if they mention it or use you as a soundboard for their concerns etc, unless it was getting really out of hand obviously then I would make some suggestions. When I started working for my current family the eldest boy was non verbal at 3 but because they’d never experienced this before/having a kid before and they didn’t have friends with young kids, they thought it was semi normal - after discussions with me and some others they eventually got him diagnosed ASD at 4.5.

Perhaps similarly, Naomi genuinely does see no concern with his speech or development? I’ve got to be honest and say I’ve not really sat and listened to all her stories but she doesn’t strike me as the type to not be on these things. The dummy obviously didn’t help much but how much your speech is hindered isn’t just based on dummies it’s like 100 other processes going on too.

There’s a lovely quote at my sons nursery, something a long the lines of “popcorn cornels are all put in the pan at the same time, some of them pop quicker than others. Similar to your children, don’t compare the speed at which they do something to those around them, your child will have their “pop” in their own time”. I think it’s probably true of most kids no matter how much time/effort/love/affection/anything you do/don’t put into them, maybe Cass is just excelling in other things at the moment we don’t see? I dunno, it’s a tough one, I would just hope if there is a problem she’s not leaving it for school to sort out because people that do that are the WORST kind of parents.
I do agree every child does develop differently and does things at their own time, but she has claimed multiple times he’s so advanced for his age, when you can clearly see he isn’t and he is struggling with his speech, it would also explain the tantrums because he’s struggling to communicate with her, but she’s too oblivious and just shoving a phone in his face.. they claim to have all this money that they’ve worked so hard for so it’s not like they can’t afford professional help, she’s also got many friends that have children slightly older or of a similar age so surely she should know

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I do agree every child does develop differently and does things at their own time, but she has claimed multiple times he’s so advanced for his age, when you can clearly see he isn’t and he is struggling with his speech, it would also explain the tantrums because he’s struggling to communicate with her, but she’s too oblivious and just shoving a phone in his face.. they claim to have all this money that they’ve worked so hard for so it’s not like they can’t afford professional help, she’s also got many friends that have children slightly older or of a similar age so surely she should know
You make all the valid points. I’d say it was a huge insecurity of hers if she keeps banging on about how advance he is - I wouldn’t even do that if my child was actually advanced in any way? It’s bizarre and does suggest he probably needs extra help. You’d hope they were splashing out on speech & language therapy for him in private if someone thinks he needed it but my bets are all on him starting prep school in September and then just going “well, he’s your problem now” 🙃

I would always just think if she was so hyper anxious about things and suffers, her head would be more in the category of “oh my god everything is wrong with my kids I better get it checked” rather than “look at my child, he’s so great and advanced” but maybe she’s too much of a massive self absorbed knobhead to think this. Also, didn’t she do a psychology degree? Surely she’d know a bit about child development from that? Sigh.

Reactions: 3
It’s really concerning how oblivious she is, my son was having full conversations when he turned 3, he’s such a chatter box and him and Cass will be the same year in school, but they seem like they’re on completely different levels. I know every child develops differently, but he is very far behind
My daughter is Mimi’s age and I’d say they’re very similar but when you look at Cass, he seems on a similar level with Mimi in terms of his speech and his interactions. Even with Rose, who is a year younger you can see how different they are. I know every child develops differently and on their own line, but Cass just doesn’t talk, no sentences or endless variation of words, just the simple ones that are common at 2 years old.

At the cinema, the only thing nay kept saying in every story was “are you excited?” Surely she needs to be engaging and encouraging his words with open questions “where are we?” “What film are we seeing?” “What snacks have you chosen?” by only asking “are you excited?” It’s a closed question where the only answer is yes or no. How’s he going to learn a new word if she doesn’t use it so he can copy it, my daughter copies loads of words from us and is adding to her vocabulary daily with what she can say.

i think like others have said prep school is going to blow open the issues and they’ll be addressed. I’m sure going will do wonders for his development and he’ll be given more attention to catch him up. It’s just a shame his own parents haven’t bothered but nay is one of those parents who is too busy with herself while claiming her child is perfect and “so advanced”. You can imagine she’s THAT mum where everything is a competition and her child is the best, miles ahead of everyone else in everything, was walking at 2 weeks old etc 💁‍♀️

Reactions: 8
My daughter is Mimi’s age and I’d say they’re very similar but when you look at Cass, he seems on a similar level with Mimi in terms of his speech and his interactions. Even with Rose, who is a year younger you can see how different they are. I know every child develops differently and on their own line, but Cass just doesn’t talk, no sentences or endless variation of words, just the simple ones that are common at 2 years old.

At the cinema, the only thing nay kept saying in every story was “are you excited?” Surely she needs to be engaging and encouraging his words with open questions “where are we?” “What film are we seeing?” “What snacks have you chosen?” by only asking “are you excited?” It’s a closed question where the only answer is yes or no. How’s he going to learn a new word if she doesn’t use it so he can copy it, my daughter copies loads of words from us and is adding to her vocabulary daily with what she can say.

i think like others have said prep school is going to blow open the issues and they’ll be addressed. I’m sure going will do wonders for his development and he’ll be given more attention to catch him up. It’s just a shame his own parents haven’t bothered but nay is one of those parents who is too busy with herself while claiming her child is perfect and “so advanced”. You can imagine she’s THAT mum where everything is a competition and her child is the best, miles ahead of everyone else in everything, was walking at 2 weeks old etc 💁‍♀️
You’re so right. She genuinely doesn’t know how to interact with her own kids. It’s like she’s the mum’s friend who dutifully calls round and the kids are still up so she’ll ask some pointless, irrelevant questions just so she can interact with the kids. She has no real relationship with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Speech was always a very big worry for me!
You just don’t know how it’s going to go. My son turns 3 in October and admittedly I can have a conversation with him. I do believe in, it will happen and children grow with confidence at their own pace..

What I can’t stand is the sob feel sorry for me story!!!!… “New dog & no help”
First of all if you can’t mange your two children and small dog… why on earth would you get another?.. your own fault Nay!!!

Also the whole mental health act she plays on.. if she really has issues.. I hope she gets the help she needs! However with her I just feel she wants the freedom to play “mummy” when it suits her and do as she pleases other times! When she has to step up and be “mummy” she feels low etc!!!
Hope her kids never seen her stories!!!

& always blows my mind that she’s even considering more children!
She’s never happy or grateful for what she has!

If I was that girls mum- I’d give her a good shake to make her wake up!!!!

Reactions: 5
I’m genuinely curious. She keeps teasing us with drip feeds of her traumatic past. It isn’t a secret as she’s talked about it so often. Does anyone know what she’s hinting at?

Reactions: 4
I’m genuinely curious. She keeps teasing us with drip feeds of her traumatic past. It isn’t a secret as she’s talked about it so often. Does anyone know what she’s hinting at?
She mentioned her step brothers today and the one that lives in Ireland that she speaks to often (could she make it any more obvious she reads here?!) so I reckon her dad left, her mum got a new partner and had children with them so nay wasn’t the centre of the world anymore

She mentioned her step brothers today and the one that lives in Ireland that she speaks to often (could she make it any more obvious she reads here?!) so I reckon her dad left, her mum got a new partner and had children with them so nay wasn’t the centre of the world anymore
Surely not. That’s not trauma. That’s life. That’s my upbringing to a T. I thought perhaps she’d been abused or abducted or something. I was starting to feel sorry for her. But if that’s all it is…

Surely not. That’s not trauma. That’s life. That’s my upbringing to a T. I thought perhaps she’d been abused or abducted or something. I was starting to feel sorry for her. But if that’s all it is…
I have no idea I’m just guessing. That’s normal life yes but we all know princess nay and her demands so it really wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true. She’s spoken about childhood trauma so I feel like perhaps her parents breaking up could be part of it.

I cannot understand why she’s even considering more children, when she repeatedly says she struggles without help. Why have children if you’re going to palm them off on a nanny until they go to school and are out of your way? I just don’t get it. They’re humans with needs, they’re not toys or Instagram props.

Reactions: 8
Nays clearly just caught up on this thread. No one was saying there was anything wrong with her body. It’s just in some photos she’s showing she’s super skinny and others she’s got a little belly. Maybe if she stopped editing most of her pics she wouldn’t get comments.

Reactions: 4
Fully amused that she has hashtagged wild swimming. A hot tub is not wild swimming Nay hun ✌🏼😂

• Haha
Fully amused that she has hashtagged wild swimming. A hot tub is not wild swimming Nay hun ✌🏼😂
To be fair I read it as a tongue in cheek comment because of the cold water. But can you imagine someone searching the hashtag #wildswimming and Nays hot tub pops up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I cant help but suspect she is dangling the trauma carrot in the hope she's bought onto something like loose women to discuss and get more into the public eye.

• Wow
I feel she will claim some form of abuse? I’d never dispute it being true! How could you?
However the fact she brings it up so much makes me feel it isn’t genuine, sorry.
Get the help you need! There’s so much out there! Stop keep bringing it up like that! 🤷🏼‍♀️

She’s a narcissist. She gives snippets of trauma and keeps saying it but never divulges info it which is her right of course I’d never say she needs to share but why give a tiny thing, Is it for attention? Unpopular opinion but anxiety, trauma and depression is becoming almost ‘relevant’ amongst the Insta community of today, they’ve all had it.

Reactions: 9
So she’s spent her evening reading here then sending questions to herself 🙈🤣

we’ve now got an update on prep school, the nanny and cass’ speech 🤣
I can rest easy today now 🤦🏼‍♀️

She’s a narcissist. She gives snippets of trauma and keeps saying it but never divulges info it which is her right of course I’d never say she needs to share but why give a tiny thing, Is it for attention? Unpopular opinion but anxiety, trauma and depression is becoming almost ‘relevant’ amongst the Insta community of today, they’ve all had it.
100% AGREE!!!!!!!! So Many ‘celebs’ start raising awareness for some form of depressesion/anxiety/trauma!! They say they’re doing it to help other people However I don’t think I could share my problems with the person next to me on a bus let alone so publicly 🤷🏼‍♀️
the attention would set me back!
daggling a carrot like she does is very strange IMO 🤷🏼‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.