Names You Can’t Stand #9 Nevaeh is the patron saint of this thread.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Barnaby and Barney are definitely more upper-class, posh boy names! 🤣

Tobias/Toby not quite so much - and although there are names that seem to be used mroe regularly got dogs than children, i would definitely class Tobias/Toby as more a human name than a dog name! 🤷🏻‍♂️
My friends and I call posh people (you know, the red trouser types) “Tobys” because we associate it with that type.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My friends and I call posh people (you know, the red trouser types) “Tobys” because we associate it with that type.
ha, they're the kind of guys I would assume would have names like Barnaby, Rupert, Crispin, Tarquin, Giles etc - stereotypical posh, private school boys! 🤣

Reactions: 4
I had two cats named Dave and Steve. Had a runt rescue that was called Colin who didn’t live long, bless him. My next one will either be Barry or Malcolm.
We had a Barry, but he was a banana plant. Dave and Steve are excellent cat names. Stanley is also a good cat name. Poor Colin 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I follow someone on Insta with a dog called Stuart and a bunny called Chris, those make me smile

Not a fan of Lana, asides from the backwards issue it is Spanish for “wool.” A friend of a friend considered it as a baby name but didn’t want people to think of Lana del Rey so chose Helena for the similar sound, I think that was a good decision lol

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I had two cats named Dave and Steve. Had a runt rescue that was called Colin who didn’t live long, bless him. My next one will either be Barry or Malcolm.
i do love when people give their pets basic names like Dave and Steve! i know someone with a tortoise named Steve, dogs named Benny, Frank and Albert - Bert for short - plus a cat named Gary!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
i do love when people give their pets basic names like Dave and Steve! i know someone with a tortoise named Steve, dogs named Benny, Frank and Albert - Bert for short - plus a cat named Gary!
I had to go and check we don’t know the same person before! To my knowledge, no dogs, so it can’t be.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know someone who has a cat named Gus.

Was he the cat at the theatre door? (Couldn't resist, no regrets.) I know an Ali Cat and Bob Cat, and it does make me giggle.

I also know a human called Petey, not even short for Peter, and I always think that it sounds like a name for a budgie bird.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
just saw a mother talking about her three daughters - all have names ending in a "lee" sound, which isn't an issue in itself, but they are spelled Hadley, Kinslee and Rylie - just...why?! 🤦🏻‍♂️
There’s a lady who does hairstyle shorts with her three girls: Berkeley, Kinsley and Hadley. Not sure if they have kreeayhtiivv spellings so she gets a pass on that front, but that does not stop the actual names from being terrible!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I work for an American company and have loads of US colleagues. The names they choose are wild. Especially names we would consider old fashioned, are quite unusual and unique there.

I know someone who just named their son Graham. I almost died when I saw the post. Baby Graham

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I work for an American company and have loads of US colleagues. The names they choose are wild. Especially names we would consider old fashioned, are quite unusual and unique there.

I know someone who just named their son Graham. I almost died when I saw the post. Baby Graham
And over there they pronounce it Gram, and Jeremy seems to usually be Jermy

Reactions: 2