Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
urgh, this reminds me of a story i read once who named their first child Alex, and then went on to have eleven more kids, but named them all with different combination is of the letters A, L, E and X. overlooking the fact that they are now getting so desperate, they named their recent kid Alxe - and i ahev no idea how that is meant to be pronounced - one of their kids is named Elax. and if Elax isn't a laxative tablet - and I'm pretty sure it is - it certainly sounds like a laxative brand or type of medication! as does Laex, Exla and Leax. 🤣🤣
If only they’d named him properly and called him Alexander (or Alexandra if it’s a girl) they’d have given themselves so many more options 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
urgh, this reminds me of a story i read once who named their first child Alex, and then went on to have eleven more kids, but named them all with different combination is of the letters A, L, E and X. overlooking the fact that they are now getting so desperate, they named their recent kid Alxe - and i ahev no idea how that is meant to be pronounced - one of their kids is named Elax. and if Elax isn't a laxative tablet - and I'm pretty sure it is - it certainly sounds like a laxative brand or type of medication! as does Laex, Exla and Leax. 🤣🤣
Still got nothing on Powerful Cannon.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I must be lucky, I‘ve never heard the name as yet. Which means I’ll now come across one in the next week or so.
I can’t stand the name Romeo. It always makes me think of some sort of philanderer, probably in tights and talking in Shakespearean English.
Romeo is up there with Apollo!

Reactions: 4
Never heard 'Nevaeh' before, just had to look up how to pronounce it. There's people asking if it's Irish 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm welsh and I only know girls called Sharna, I don't think I've ever heard of a Sharn - only Sian 😄

The two "hero" names I've heard of are both boys. Hiro is the Japanese spelling
I’m Welsh too and I’ve heard of a Shan pronounced Sian

Reactions: 3
Ralph puts me in mind of vomiting and the nickname of the bloke’s todger in Judy Blume’s “Forever” (showing my age with that one!)
Exactly!! Nobody around my age who had read Forever would EVER name their kid Ralph

• Haha
My son works in a call centre dealing with the US. he had a grandparent ring up to sort out bank accounts For her twin grandchildren. Their names? DeNiece and DeNephew!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Kimber - just no. It’s stuck between being neither Kim nor Kimberley just choose one or the other 😂

When the middle name is Rose or May you’ve carried a baby for 9 months and all you can think of is that?! Also esp awful when the baby is born in May so unoriginal. Also are people still using Sophia and Ameila again.. you’ve had 9 months is that the best you can do
when I was young every single Person with my first name had Louise as their middle name - how unorifinal. Fortunately, my parents were more creative. It was also popular to give girls Jane as middle name - Boring

Exactly!! Nobody around my age who had read Forever would EVER name their kid Ralph
ha, i have a family member named Ralph - now in his thirties. I used to read Judy Blume books as a kid, but obvs never read Forever, as the Ralph association is one i only found out about recently! ick.

but Judy Blume references aside, tbh, the Ralph I know was taunted more as a kid about having "a dog's name! - or" Ralph sounds like the noise of a dog barking" etc - not helped by the fact that their next door neighbours bought a dog and despite knowing the kid living next door to them was called Ralph, still chose to call their dog Ralphie! 🤣

• Haha
I hope I don't offend anyone on here. But the name Nevaeh. Heaven spelt backwards. There's 3 in my daughters school.
I think Nevaeh looks so ugly written down. Neveah looks prettier, but obviously doesn't work (though also features on name lists now!).

Reactions: 8
A lot of my mates refer to being sick as ralphing so it’s obvious the connections I have with that name.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.