Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't stand celebrity inspired names- bowie, jagger, lennon, dylan, hendrix, presley, orlando, sienna, paloma, harper, courtney, demi, gigi, paris, kylie, river, roxanne, macey, mila, miley, ava. So boring and some are no longer used as they become dated very quickly.

Reactions: 3
I quite like Cosmo actually - great name for a cat!
I had a cat named Cosmo. Was watching Moonstruck just before I got him. They talked about Cosmo’s moon and I thought that is a great cat’s name. My new kitten is Gary. I don’t even like the name Gary.
I hate
Elspeth and Ishbel - they sound like severe old lady names. Tweed skirts, scone shoes and glasses on chains.
Logan
Caiden/Kayden type names
Calvin
Paisley - more of an American name. I live near Paisley it’s an absolute shithole.
Teigan

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I once said to a work colleague ‘I hate the name Kyle, sounds so rough and chavvy’ she goes ‘that’s my nephews name’ 🙃

On the flip side when I was pregnant one of my colleagues at my current work said she hated the name we had picked to call our son 😂 so that was my pay back I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Someone I went to school with has 2 girls, one of which they've actually called Khaleesi Daenerys:rolleyes: like come on really. Bet she starts using a nickname as soon as she can!

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
A colleague at work has just called her baby Maureen.
i get that vintage names are currently on trend, but there are certain ones that really don't need to make a comeback! i recently read that David Tennant's children have more old-fashioned names - Wilfred, Olive, Birdie....and Doris. i'm not keen on Olive tbh, but Doris?! poor kid. definitely name that needs to stay in the past! 🤣

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.