Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the Registrars were supposed to step in when a really dodgy name came along. Short of being called Adolf, they seem to allow anything.

Reactions: 2
I thought the Registrars were supposed to step in when a really dodgy name came along. Short of being called Adolf, they seem to allow anything.
I did see an article the other day about a registrar refusing to name a baby Lucifer (not sure if it was in UK) however the couple won an appeal in the end so it looks like some of them still do. But also I suppose its -does the registrar not like the name personally and think its stupid or is it an actually no no name?

Reactions: 1
I was speaking to a client recently who was dismayed that her grandson and his wife had named their new daughter Dolly. She said ‘It’s just awful, whatever were they thinking?!’

• Sick
Reactions: 3
View attachment 2179504
Tuppence 😱😱😱😱😱
That poor, poor child
Tuppence isn't great, although there is a famous actress named Tuppence, so it's not entirely unheard of as a name, but i would love to know what lead them to choose it! hardly a name to booster her feelings of self-worth when she is named after a coin of such minimal value. guaranteed she will grow up using the nickname Penny, poor kid. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Tuppence isn't great, although there is a famous actress named Tuppence, so it's not entirely unheard of as a name, but i would love to know what lead them to choose it! hardly a name to booster her feelings of self-worth when she is named after a coin of such minimal value. guaranteed she will grow up using the nickname Penny, poor kid. 🙄
I don't think Tuppence Middleton is really called Tuppence. I can't imagine anyone naming a child after an almost-wortless coin. Penny is different as it's usually short for something.

I don't think Tuppence Middleton is really called Tuppence. I can't imagine anyone naming a child after an almost-wortless coin. Penny is different as it's usually short for something.
Tuppence is her real name. She has a sister named Angel.

• Haha
Tuppence is her real name. apparently, her mother is called Tina, and Tuppence was a childhood nickname her grandmother gave to her - and she then decided to name her own daughter Tuppence as her real name. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Callum just reminds me of callous, hate it. Anything that's just pronounced like letters like Ajay I also can't stand. Names of luxury goods like Chanel and Mercedes are tacky af. Cutesy forms of established names like Evie instead of Eve or Eva i also hate.
---
Tuppence (Tuppy) was the name of a dog my parents used to have!
My husbands nan used to tell her granddaughters to 'keep you hand on your tuppence' when they were off on a night out.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Callum just reminds me of callous, hate it. Anything that's just pronounced like letters like Ajay I also can't stand. Names of luxury goods like Chanel and Mercedes are tacky af. Cutesy forms of established names like Evie instead of Eve or Eva i also hate.
---

My husbands nan used to tell her granddaughters to 'keep you hand on your tuppence' when they were off on a night out.
See I think the opposite 😂I do think if your using Theodore just to call them Theo, then just call them Theo. Same for Evie no point calling her Evelyn/Eve etc if they are going to always be referred to as Evie. However I do get that nicknames will natural occur though! So Eve will become Evie bla bla
I don’t hate Callum but for some reason I hate Calum with one L drives me up the wall! 😂😂

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.