Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Made me think of that godawful YouTube vlogging family Not Enough Nelsons. Kids are all called like Destinee, Preslee, Charidee.

🤮
and yet it's so much worse than that, with the totally unnecessary capital letters thrown into all the girls' names - PaisLee, SaiDee, NayVee, KassaDee, JourNee, Preslee, ElleCee, LiLee, KennaDee, JaineLee....and poor DeLayNee! and then the wild juxtaposition of them having brothers name Luke and Bruce! 🙄

at least with the the girl changing the spelling of her name to Yszi, it was her own choice as a teen wanting to be different, probably thinking it was a cool alternative - but she still had her actual name as Izzy to fall back on when she grew out of that rebellious stage. far worse when it's the parents who opt for a YoOneEk spelling, and then poor little Yszi is stuck with that nonsensical jumble of letters for life, doomed to always having her name misspelled! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That reminds me thta I went to school with a Jamie-Leighs. Jameigh is awful - and Jamee looks like it sound be prounced as jammy, rather than Jamie! 🤣
🤣Jamee changed their name in the end to Abigail, I’m not sure why but the rumour was she didn’t like being mistaken for a boy on the register etc

Reactions: 2
and yet it's so much worse than that, with the totally unnecessary capital letters thrown into all the girls' names - PaisLee, SaiDee, NayVee, KassaDee, JourNee, Preslee, ElleCee, LiLee, KennaDee, JaineLee....and poor DeLayNee! and then the wild juxtaposition of them having brothers name Luke and Bruce! 🙄
also, half those kids are adopted, and if their names weren't changed completely and they actually kept their birth names, they were still forced to alter the to add an "ee" ending, and add in an obligatory capital letter to for with the pattern and "match" the names of their sisters! the girl named LiLee was originally named Lilly, yet her name was "changed" totally unnecessary - just to total hack up the spelling and whack in a capital letter! 🙄

it says a hell of a lot that despite all the name changes they have organised for their children, the mother is named Tiffany, yet has never opted to alter the spelling of her own name to TiffaNee/TiFanee/TiFFaNee etc. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Just seen a Lakey on IG. I was already irritated because the mum's accent made it sound like 'Loki' so I thought they'd call a girl Loki. But no, Lakey.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
One of my kids goes to school with a kid called Kiarno. At first I thought it was Keanu, which I was still a little 😬 at, but when I saw the spelling and died a little inside.
---
I also work in the childrens’ department at a hospital and there are some awful names that pop up.

In the past week we came across an Oak and a Roary (actual spelling!)

And people if you’re going to give your kid a normal name but unique spelling please spell it out to the receptionist. If I have another case of not being able to find a Jackson because it’s actually spelt Jaxxen I’m going to scream!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Someone I went to school with just named their new son …

KENNY

I’m sorry but was he born with a bus pass and flat cap 🤢👴🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 16
randomly stumbled across a family with a daughter named Bellanor - presumably her parents couldn't decide between Eleanor and Bella, so simply....merged the two together. 🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 12
randomly stumbled across a family with a daughter named Bellanor - presumably her parents couldn't decide between Eleanor and Bella, so simply....merged the two together. 🤢🤢
Sounds the the cruel nickname kids would give a girl called Eleanor who is overweight 😬😬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
She’ll end up going by Bella or Ella anyway!
exactly! also saw someone recently contemplating whether to call their son Theodan, as a bizarre merging of Theodore and Daniel - just to be "different" - when the kid would obvs grow up being called Theo anyway! 🙄

• Haha
And people if you’re going to give your kid a normal name but unique spelling please spell it out to the receptionist. If I have another case of not being able to find a Jackson because it’s actually spelt Jaxxen I’m going to scream!
Yes! Like I'm supposed to know how it's spelled!
And then they get all pissy with you because you have the temerity to spell it the conventional way. Just like Catriona was with me the other day when I pronounced it Catreeohna. If it's Katrina, just spell it that way, FFS.

Saw someone the other day whose son was called "Myson". 🙄 🤮

• Haha
And then they get all pissy with you because you have the temerity to spell it the conventional way. Just like Catriona was with me the other day when I pronounced it Catreeohna. If it's Katrina, just spell it that way, FFS.

Did they actually pronounce it as "my son" - like, "this is my son My-Son", to emphasise that their kid was their possession 🙄 - or was it supposed to be a "YooNeeK" spelling of Mason, which would forever be mispronounced and misspelled?! 🤣

Reactions: 1

I mean Catriona isn't a unique spelling of Katrina, it's a Gaelic name in its own right... You can dislike it, but you don't have to mock a name from another language just because you don't know how it's supposed to be said.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.