Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't mind Sakura, it's a relatively common Japanese girl's name.

Reactions: 2
Just spoken to somebody on the phone called Katriona. I've seen the name plenty of times before, but never had to address anyone with it. I pronounced it Kat-ree-oh-na. She immediately corrected me, "it's Katrina".

What's the "o" for then?! 😖

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just spoken to somebody on the phone called Katriona. I've seen the name plenty of times before, but never had to address anyone with it. I pronounced it Kat-ree-oh-na. She immediately corrected me, "it's Katrina".

What's the "o" for then?! 😖
Ahhhhh I went to school with one of these, she literally got off on correcting teachers who got her name wrong

A relative volunteers with children, a girl there is called Toby. We have been trying to work out if its short for anything in terms of a girls name.
There is a very old Clint Eastwood film called Play Misty For Me with a female character called Tobie. I always thought it was strange and have never heard it anywhere else. I really don’t like boys names for girls at all.

Reactions: 1
There is a very old Clint Eastwood film called Play Misty For Me with a female character called Tobie. I always thought it was strange and have never heard it anywhere else. I really don’t like boys names for girls at all.
A girl in my daughters class is called Oscar

• Wow
Reactions: 5
There was a shannon who was a boy in my year. He ssid his dad called him that so he would learn to stick up for him self🤣

• Haha
There was a shannon who was a boy in my year. He ssid his dad called him that so he would learn to stick up for him self🤣
I’ve heard of a few boy Shannon’s though i don’t think it’s a rare(ish) thing, however I do always think ah its a girls name! Its like Americans use names like Dylan as a girls name - Stop!!!!! 😂

Reactions: 5
Courtney is the epitome of chav. I worked with someone who named her baby girl but pronounced it Court-e-nay. I also worked with a girl called Dale which I kinda like.

Ah I actually love boys names for girls 🙈 a girl at uni was called Bertie and I thought it was insanely cool

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.