Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Melissa- it’s real know it all name and reminds me of trees for some reason …

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Bruce just reminds me of Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda, the chocolate cake boy! 🤣

such an odd name to think suits a baby boy! i also remembered recently that I went to school with a couple of boys named Gavin, and again, who looks at a baby and thinks "looks like a Gav!" 🤣🤣
I have a 3 year old relative called Keith. I do understand wanting a name that doesn't sound too babylike when you're an adult. But who looks at a baby and thinks Keith?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There’s a non-binary person on tiktok named Emily who is struggling between wanting to be called Emily and Dashie (my little pony fan). And it’s giving that scene from Superbad,

“They let you pick any name you want when you get down there-“

“…and you landed on Dashie?”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just remembered demi nesta off tiktok and her baby being Miami Rose haha

Reactions: 1
It's only March but I've already seen a contender for the most ridiculous name of the year, courtesy of my job (and I see a lot of contenders!)

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Reignbaugh Eenie Meenie.

I tit you not. Poor, poor child.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
It's only March but I've already seen a contender for the most ridiculous name of the year, courtesy of my job (and I see a lot of contenders!)

Reignbaugh Eenie Meenie.

Surely not! 😱 That is truly awful

Reactions: 2

Reignbaugh Eenie Meenie.

even overlooking the obviously horrific "eenie meenie" middle name, what the duck is Reignbaugh?! it's not even "bough" - which would be awful enough - but surely "baugh" would pronounced bahw, not bow?! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
even overlooking the obviously horrific "eenie meenie" middle name, what the duck is Reignbaugh?! it's not even "bough" - which would be awful enough - but surely "baugh" would pronounced bahw, not bow?! 🙄
It's how I imagine I'd sound trying to say "rainbow" after drinking a whole bottle of sambucca and 8 pints of lager

• Haha
Reactions: 11
just saw a little girl names L'eeana Moon - not the best, but the worst part is that her mother has stated the name should be pronounced Elle-Ee-Ah-Nuh, like the name Eliana - yet she opted to spell it in a "YooNeEk" way, despite knowing her daughter's name will be misspelled and mispronounced constantly, with the assumption it is Lee-Ah-Nuh. just WHY?! 🙄

to be fully aware of the difficulties the name will cause your child yet go with it anyway just seems cruel. if she likes the name Eliana, but wanted a different spelling, there are a variety of more KrEaTiV alternatives she could have gone with - Elliana/Eleana etc - which would have at least been pronunced correctly even of they were misspelled. L'eeana pronounced as Eliana is cruel, poor kid. 😔

Reactions: 7
I saw a McKeira yesterday. Parents obviously couldn't decide between McKenzie and Keira.
Instead, they've ended up with something that sounds like a new addition to Maccy D's board.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I saw a McKeira yesterday. Parents obviously couldn't decide between McKenzie and Keira.
Instead, they've ended up with something that sounds like a new addition to Maccy D's board.
I’ll have a double cheeseburger and a large Mckeira meal with coke please

• Haha
Reactions: 7
just saw a family with sons named Rage and Renvy, trying to find another name beginning with R for their new baby. i was genuinely tempted to suggest Rath, since they seem to be going down the route of seven deadly sins.... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.