Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All these girls names ending in an "EE" sound over the last few years, every family member, friend and colleague has had one. Evie, Gracie, Lily, Elsie, Ivy, Emily, Ellie, Sophie, Phoebe, Ruby, Maisie, Lottie, Bonnie, Frankie, Nellie, Amelie. Come on!

I did once read that the best names for cat ends in an "EE" sound, since they're more responsive to it.
evie is my most hated girl’s name of all time 🤣 it’s so inoffensive and barely a word but i loathe it. it’s a complete nothing of a name, barely even a sound.

fully agree and i hate the trend for similar boy’s names too: archie, arnie, freddie, alfie, bobbie etc. they’re barely words and are short versions of actual names - name your kid the real thing!

Reactions: 3
Saw these first names roll up on the credits of a film I watched earlier ~ Creek, Jetley and Merlot

I know it's technically not spelt wrong because it's just a keyboard smash, but if you were choosing that monstrosity, surely you'd put the E and the I the 'right' way round?! Leigh, not Liegh.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know it's technically not spelt wrong because it's just a keyboard smash, but if you were choosing that monstrosity, surely you'd put the E and the I the 'right' way round?! Leigh, not Liegh.
Yes! I read it as “Bry-ight-Lie-eh”

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.