Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stupid made-up names that sound like anti-depressants or morning-after pills...Ellexia, Addalyne, Savarna.

I'm currently looking at a list of names of school children for a particular region (for work - I'm not weird!) Honestly, I could fill this thread 😂
urgh, this reminds me of a story i read once who named their first child Alex, and then went on to have eleven more kids, but named them all with different combination is of the letters A, L, E and X. overlooking the fact that they are now getting so desperate, they named their recent kid Alxe - and i ahev no idea how that is meant to be pronounced - one of their kids is named Elax. and if Elax isn't a laxative tablet - and I'm pretty sure it is - it certainly sounds like a laxative brand or type of medication! as does Laex, Exla and Leax. 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Stupid made-up names that sound like anti-depressants or morning-after pills...Ellexia, Addalyne, Savarna.
it's bad enough if a made-up, "KrEaTiV" names sound like a type of medication, but i can totally imagine people hearing the name of actual medications, thinking they sound pretty and using them as baby names. i can totally imagine little girls named Gabapentin - nicknamed Gabbi or Penny - Cymbalata or Seroquel. even a group of sisters named Efexor, Amitriptyline, Molipaxin and Imipramine - our darling girls, Effie, Amy, Molly and Immy 🙄 - and a boy called Xanax, with his parents thinking it sounds proper cool and edgy! 🤣

there are definitely girls named Lyrica, which is a brand of an epilepsy drug. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
urgh, this reminds me of a story i read once who named their first child Alex, and then went on to have eleven more kids, but named them all with different combination is of the letters A, L, E and X. overlooking the fact that they are now getting so desperate, they named their recent kid Alxe - and i ahev no idea how that is meant to be pronounced - one of their kids is named Elax. and if Elax isn't a laxative tablet - and I'm pretty sure it is - it certainly sounds like a laxative brand or type of medication! as does Laex, Exla and Leax. 🤣🤣
Also heard of this family. 🤪

Reactions: 5
Met a toddler (boy) in the park today named Draper.

DRAPER!

What a dreary name. And meaning.

Cambridge dictionary definition:

someone who, in the past, owned a shop selling cloth, curtains, etc.

And one letter away from raper.

Just an all-round no.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ethan
Nathan

Such horrible, breathy names. Like an old pervert whispering down your neck.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Ethan
Nathan

Such horrible, breathy names. Like an old pervert whispering down your neck.
I went to primary school with a boy named Ethan and he used to masturbate (🤢) on the carpet during story time. I never remember him getting in trouble for it or anything. So now I just associate the name Ethan with pervs 🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
I went to primary school with a boy named Ethan and he used to masturbate (🤢) on the carpet during story time. I never remember him getting in trouble for it or anything. So now I just associate the name Ethan with pervs 🤢🤢
Ethan in my class used to eat snots in story time

• Sick
Reactions: 2
There was an Ethan in my daughters class - the kid was a terror - he was also a unit and could probably break a few bricks with his solid head

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When parents give all their children of the same sex the same middle name - what's all that about?!

Borja is Spain's equivalent of something like the UK's Tristan or Tarquin. Imagine posh bloke who goes sailing with a jumper round his neck. All the Spanish chavs started using it in the 00s cos they thought it was dead clarsy like.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Courtney is a really chavvy name in my area. Just came to mind when I saw a mum on Facebook with a little Courtney and Tulisa 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When parents give all their children of the same sex the same middle name - what's all that about?!

Borja is Spain's equivalent of something like the UK's Tristan or Tarquin. Imagine posh bloke who goes sailing with a jumper round his neck. All the Spanish chavs started using it in the 00s cos they thought it was dead clarsy like.
yesss! I know so many borjas and literally makes me sick to even say it 😭

just read an article about a family who have named their daughter Wednesdaigh - prounced Wednesday - paired with the surname Adams. looks like it should be pronounced Wednes-Dagggh. 🙄🤣

although her older siblings are called Ma'Kynnleigh, Emma'Leigh and Jaxx'syn, so at least she didn't get lumbered with a rogue apostrophe! 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
just read an article about a family who have named their daughter Wednesdaigh - prounced Wednesday - paired with the surname Adams. looks like it should be pronounced Wednes-Dagggh. 🙄🤣

although her older siblings are called Ma'Kynnleigh, Emma'Leigh and Jaxx'syn, so at least she didn't get lumbered with a rogue apostrophe! 🤢
That’s genuinely child abuse

Reactions: 6

Just came here to post about this exact name!

This thread is excellent! Agreeing with most of these although I do love Slone (harking back to my girl crush from Ferris Bueller's Day off).

If you want batshit crazy names check out Absolutelyfabulucy on Insta. Her kids are called: Bolan-Billy Super Duper, Ziggy-Ramone Unicorn Prince, Hendrix-Cobaine (which if in tribute to Kurt Cobain is spelt incorrectly) Santa Clause, Queen Bunny-Monroe and my personal favourite, Lennon-William Egg Butty.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.