Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew a girl who had 3 brothers called Barnaby, Giles and Granville. They were teens when I knew her. Her sisters had weird names too.

My friend has a Poppy who she refers to as Popsicle. Makes my teeth itch!
tbh, Barnaby is the best of the three! i dislike most names beginning with the letter G, but Giles and Granville are particularly awful! 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh god Darren Criss has just announced the birth of his daughter... Bluesy Belle

Just why

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I knew a girl who had 3 brothers called Barnaby, Giles and Granville. They were teens when I knew her. Her sisters had weird names too.

My friend has a Poppy who she refers to as Popsicle. Makes my teeth itch!
I have a pig named Poppy..................................

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Just seen this on a Facebook group 😅 Someone did suggest Crazay haha.

View attachment 1194463
Is this a joke? Can understand suggestions for a name that isn't so popular that your child would be one of 12 in their class with it; but at the same time isn't so unique that they have to teach everyone how to spell and say it.

questionable names here

My mum knew a boy whose middle name was Forrest. He was born on the day Nottingham Forest won the FA Cup and his dad had tickets to the final but had to miss it as his wife went into labour in the early hours of the morning!
Ladbaby kids are phoenix forest and kobe Notts

• Haha
Reactions: 4
questionable names here

Ladbaby kids are phoenix forest and kobe Notts
Gronk!! 🤣

wow, that article is a true gem! thanks for sharing! it. contains some truly epic quotes, my favourites being:

"my kids' names are pretty normal i think - Storm Hurricane!"

Charlcy as a "unique" way to spell Charlie - expect "Carl-See" is a whole different name! 🤷🏻‍♂️

"we welcomed our baby girl Arixona!" - reminds me of the illness anorexia - and it certainly won't be pronounced as Arizona, as the parents seem to hope! 🤣

"Gronk" makes me imagine a combination of a gonk, a gremlin and a squonk - a weird mythological beast from pennsylvania folklore - so kind a hybrid of form of an ugly, monsterous creature! 👌🏻

Emanon - no name backwards. what, because "it's heaven backwards" wasn't uNiQuE enough an option! just call the poor kid Eamonn, ffs! 🤣

and seriously?! Jaxcksin and Roewhyn?! SO ugly - as though someone threw up a collection of letters and they just went with it! why would anyone want to butcher the spelling of their kids names to that extent? it's not even "unique" it just hurts my eyes! not to mention those horrendous jumble of middle names! *although interesting, my phone autocorrected "Jaxcksin" to "Jackson", so maybe there is some hope for the poor kid!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Came across some double barrel howlers on you tube..
Rayne- beau
Willow-nova
Ivy-skye
Indigo- knight
Midnight-archer

Last edited:
  • Haha
There’s a little girl called Darryl in my sons nursery, that’s one name I don’t think suits a girl at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Saw a "Guess who's 18" poster on a roundabout earlier today (I didn't know this was still a thing?!?!)

For someone called Brandi.

Poor girl is only 18. Guess she must be the child of 90s RnB fans 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Chanel, Lyla, Jaxon and Mason 🤢.
I'm so over the name Mason!
Went to school with a bunch of Masons and they were all the same; cookie cutter blah guys who though they were cooler than they actually were. One of my friends named her son Mason and I just call him "kiddo" to avoid having to say that awful name 😅

Also, pretty much any name that ends in "-son" that sounds like a surname. The parents are usually people with common names that want their child to sound posh. I'm fine with Jason because it's an actual first name that sounds like a first name but the rest are eye-roll enduing.

Carson
Emerson
Greyson
Bryson (reminds me of bison :ROFLMAO:)
Samson
Benson
Edison

gag gag gag

Saw a "Guess who's 18" poster on a roundabout earlier today (I didn't know this was still a thing?!?!)

For someone called Brandi.

Poor girl is only 18. Guess she must be the child of 90s RnB fans 🤣
I'm sorry my mind went in this direction, but it's also kind of creepy for parents to publicly announce their daughter is turning 18. Like..here's an invite to ring the bell and freely hit on our daughter 🙃

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.