Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are darts playing brothers Rowby-John and Rusty-Jake. 😬😬😬
rusty-jake sounds like a 1920s american gangster. like if you’ve got a job that’s too dirty for you, no problem, call old rusty-jake, he’ll get it done 🤣

rowby and rusty is just - are they twins? i feel like they’re twins.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
rusty-jake sounds like a 1920s american gangster. like if you’ve got a job that’s too dirty for you, no problem, call old rusty-jake, he’ll get it done 🤣

rowby and rusty is just - are they twins? i feel like they’re twins.
Just brothers ha. My husband has had darts on over the past few weeks and their names cracked me up

Reactions: 1
Stella
Esther

Both such harsh sounding names.

We went to my husband's hometown yesterday had a walk around the cemetery and was really surprised to see the name of Dulcie on three different occasions. Born around 1920. Literally such a sweet name.

Reactions: 4
Rupert and Cecil are names that guarantees that your son will have to learn to handle himself on the playground from day one.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I went to primary school with a girl called Rustina. Yes, I'm ashamed to say that she did become known as crusty rusty... 🙈

She did have very striking auburn red hair though, so at least it was very fitting!

Reactions: 6
Stella
Esther

Both such harsh sounding names.

We went to my husband's hometown yesterday had a walk around the cemetery and was really surprised to see the name of Dulcie on three different occasions. Born around 1920. Literally such a sweet name.
Short for Dulcima I think

Rupert and Cecil are names that guarantees that your son will have to learn to handle himself on the playground from day one.
Depends on the area.

I've previously had a Vitus, Wolfgang, Augustus, Edwin, and Charles in my class- it was just normal like Horatio too. 🤪

• Haha
I met a little girl with her mum whilst out walking the dog and she had beautiful red hair and was called Scarlett.
It suited her so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Jemma/Gemma just makes me think of an overweight woman. Maybe because the double 'mm' just looks wide?

I'm surprised my name hasn't been mentioned much (if at all), I used to get the piss taken out of me at school for having an old lady name :ROFLMAO:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.