Names You Can't Stand #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Especially when people say Beffany.

My ex FIL goes by his middle name because he hates his first name.
My husband's second name makes him cringe so he'd never use that willingly, indeed he says he'd rather it kept secret because its that bad! He also shortens his first name too because he says you cannot have a bloke of 60 with the name of a five year old

Reactions: 1
Oh so many… Stark and Conlin from sons baby group (are these even real names?) proper old lady names such as Mabel, Ivy etc all the ones that mumsnet go wild for 😂

Reactions: 4
I don’t understand the popularity of this name. It’s literally one letter away from Maggot. I think people think they’re being all whimsical and French when they choose it. Same goes for Amelie, Elodie, and Audrey.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Fun observation for me on this thread is that many names that are okay-ish or popular here in Germany. Take Mya/Mia - spelled "Maja" (which would be the Maya pronunciation) is pretty common here, as is Mia (Meeyaa). Same with Amelie and Aurelia. And all the Emilie, Emily, Emilia variations out there.

😄😄😄 I'd love it if the Registrar at Births, Marriages & Deaths turned around at some of the stupid names presented & said " No. Go away & come back when you've thought up a proper name..." 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
😄😄😄 I'd love it if the Registrar at Births, Marriages & Deaths turned around at some of the stupid names presented & said " No. Go away & come back when you've thought up a proper name..." 😄
They do in some countries!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just came across a few friends congratulating a girl I know who has had a baby . Big reveal today of the name ....
RUSTY
The names are getting worse.
The poor child will be nicknamed crusty rusty when she's older

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Just came across a few friends congratulating a girl I know who has had a baby . Big reveal today of the name ....
RUSTY
The names are getting worse.
The poor child will be nicknamed crusty rusty when she's older
rusty? a GIRL called rusty?! a HUMAN called rusty?!?!?

i cannot imagine growing an actual tiny person, carrying it for nine months, going through how ever many hours of labour, being handed said tiny person, what a miracle etc, and being like "yes. i shall name her rusty"

RUSTY.

(sorry, that one really got me. RUSTY 😂 )

• Haha
Reactions: 14
rusty? a GIRL called rusty?! a HUMAN called rusty?!?!?

i cannot imagine growing an actual tiny person, carrying it for nine months, going through how ever many hours of labour, being handed said tiny person, what a miracle etc, and being like "yes. i shall name her rusty"

RUSTY.

(sorry, that one really got me. RUSTY 😂 )
I know I was the same 🤣🤣
Had to do a double take on the name

I knew a guy with red hair yrs ago and his nickname was Rusty .
But to actually call your child it, is so wrong

Reactions: 1
I know I was the same 🤣🤣
Had to do a double take on the name

I knew a guy with red hair yrs ago and his nickname was Rusty .
But to actually call your child it, is so wrong
i can't lie, i'm still repeating it to myself. rusty. i think people sometimes don't realise that you're naming a kid FOR LIFE. like she has to eventually introduce herself to people! i get it as a nickname for a guy or a name for a dog but -

it's not even THAT outlandish but for some reason it's one of the worst ones i've heard 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.